Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Postby jamescfm » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:28 pm

As outlined in our recent announcement post, Moderation are working with the Forum-Based Countries Coordinator to improve the descriptions of the forum-based countries. Below you can see our first proposed updates for the countries of Rapa Pile and Vascania. Please let us know what you think, whether you have queries, suggestions or just general thoughts.

Rapa Pile

Rapa Pile is a country with a diverse and multi-ethnic society, having experienced constant migration from throughout Dovani, Temania and Vascania. As a result, there is no single, clearly defined Pilese identity and individuals choose to identify in different ways. Although some will refer to themselves simply as Pilese, others will refer to their family background or emphasise both using terms such as "Raktavani Pilese" or "Esinsundu Pilese".

Pilese (Sinhala) is the most commonly spoken language in the country and arrived on the islands from nearby Vascania millennia ago. Kalam (Tamil), Kunikata (Japanese), Yingdalan (Chinese) and Kitembo (Swahili) are among the other most commonly spoken languages. Rapa Pile is similarly diverse in terms of religion. Daenism (Buddhism) is the largest single religion but there are significant communities adhering to most of the region's major religious traditions.

Vascania

Vascania is composed of the entire Vascanian continent including the island of Kayal. For several centuries, the continent was divided between two separate states, Vanakalam and Kalkalistan, however the two were united in a series of conflicts known as the Vascanian Wars in the 45th century. In cultural terms, Vascania is among the most diverse countries in the world and is home to dozens of ethnic groups and languages. Broadly the population can be divided between Kalkali (Indo-Aryan) groups in the southern regions and Vanashishu (Dravidian) peoples in the north.

Each of the country's thirteen states has its own official language but Rajutti (Hindi) and Kalam (Tamil) are the most widely spoken among the overall population. Rajavanshi (Gujarati), Utsari (Bengali), Khoni (Sindhi), Samanari (Marathi) and Bhapori (Kashmiri) are among the other notable languages, each having tens of millions of native speakers in their own right. Luthorian (English) was previously widely spoken in Vascania but has become taboo due to its association with Luthorian imperialism and colonial rule.

Sundarat Dharma (fictional fusion of Buddhism and Hinduism) is the national religion of Vascania and originated in the region through a combination of traditional beliefs, Geraja (Hinduism) and Daenism (Buddhism). Although developing in ancient Vascania, the religion in its modern from was born in the past two thousand years and has become commonly associated with Vascanian national identity.
jamescfm

Re: Feedback: Rapa Pile and Vascania

Postby jamescfm » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:27 am

The original intention was that this feedback period would last around a week and that the next group of countries would be available for feedback at that point. In the end, the actions and conduct of my co-Moderator distracted me and I only started work on Tropica. Could the new Moderation team provide an update on this project? Is it still going ahead? If so, what will the timescale be?
jamescfm

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:55 pm

jamescfm wrote:The original intention was that this feedback period would last around a week and that the next group of countries would be available for feedback at that point. In the end, the actions and conduct of my co-Moderator distracted me and I only started work on Tropica. Could the new Moderation team provide an update on this project? Is it still going ahead? If so, what will the timescale be?

This project is still going ahead as originally planned. There will be a slight delay, however, if you, as the most recent Tropica player, are willing to complete the renewed description for Tropica, I will be moving forward with Pragma on Rapa Pile and completing the rest of the Forum Based Countries. I'd like to complete two or three a week.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby jamescfm » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:21 pm

Excellent, I am glad to hear that. I think the Tropica description should be available somewhere in the Moderation section of the forum (at least the first draft that I had written). I had divided the countries up into groups based around related cultures and geographical proximity, I will send this too though you may wish to modify or disregard it as is your prerogative.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:53 am

Taking the lack of comment to indicate implicit approval of these updated descriptions, we are concluding this feedback period. The new descriptions for Rapa Pile and Vascania have been added to the "Forum-Based Countries Information" thread. The next group of countries will be posted up for feedback as soon as the descriptions are prepared.
jamescfm

Return to General