OOC - Hobrazia & Luthori Zurmukht'i River Dam

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

OOC - Hobrazia & Luthori Zurmukht'i River Dam

Postby jellybean » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:12 pm

Hello all,

I've made this thread for the purpose of planning a roleplay involving the construction of a dam on the Hobrazian-Luthorian Zurmukht'i (Emerald) River. I mentioned Hobrazia's plans to build a dam in this national news post, claiming that the Hobrazian Development Corporation would like to build a dam to provide green energy and a well-stocked artificial lake that could contribute to tourism opportunities. Of course, dams also bring negative impacts, making the construction controversial. I think this could be a potentially interesting international conflict between Hobrazia and Luthori as the river terminates in Luthori.

That said, I completely made up the Zurmukht'i River as I couldn't find any pre-existing references to rivers in Hobrazia. I am of course willing to talk about where the river might flow or, if Luthori is unwilling to play this RP, to retcon it altogether and make the river exist only in Hobrazia.

Here's my (shoddy) map showing the proposed river and dam location:

Some potential conflicts:
  • The dam would upset the Paradise's Gate sect that exists in both Luthori and Hobrazia.
  • The dam may upset environmentalists in both Luthori and Hobrazia.
  • The dam would alter southern Luthori's watershed, impacting farming, the natural environment, and fish populations.
  • The dam would pose a safety risk to everyone down river, as it could cause flooding if the dam fails.
  • Luthori could demand that the dam not be constructed, or request compensation if it is. Hobrazia could dispute Luthori's claims by saying the dam would be entirely on Hobrazian land and that most of the river's source is from Hobrazian mountains.

And some potential outcomes for this RP:
  • The dam is constructed, but Hobrazia pays Luthori for it.
  • The dam is constructed, and Hobrazia doesn't compensate Luthori at all.
  • The dam is not constructed due to government pressure, private sabotage or protest, etc.

Is Luthori interested in pursuing this?
jellybean

Re: OOC - Hobrazia & Luthori Zurmukht'i River Dam

Postby Edmund » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:02 pm

Would just like to say that I support this RP happening, and I have requested that players in Luthori approve it.
Edmund

Re: OOC - Hobrazia & Luthori Zurmukht'i River Dam

Postby jellybean » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:15 pm

Thank you, Edmund! I'm looking forward to this project. :D I'll have a post discussing the dam soon.
jellybean

Return to General