Whale Island RP

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Whale Island RP

Postby robmark0000 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:24 am

Greetings!

As many people pointed out, role-playing on Whale Island (the island where the World Congress bureaucracy located) could be RP fun and it could lead to great storylines. I particularly agree, but I would like to see what others think on the topic before we, me and Moderation, would make a decision on it, and create it.

According to my current plans, it would not only consist what Aquinas originally proposed, but it would make place for various World Congress committees and hearings (like the one Resolution 120 established), and in-character discussions that are not really belong to either the General Assembly or the Security Council.

Please, offer your thoughts.

RobMark,
World Congress Coordinator
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Re: Whale Island RP

Postby wimpwampwomp » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:56 am

Well, holy crap do we need this. It's about time Whale Island got RP'd outside of the World Congress, especially with this mango stall business.
wimpwampwomp

Postby jellybean » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:36 pm

I think Whale Island RP would be a fun idea, and it'd help flesh out the actual physical dynamics of the World Congress, which are pretty nebulous right now. I'd suggest having two threads for it: a newspaper-style thread in which everyone can comment, and a thread for in-character role play. I probably wouldn't participate in a first-person/in-character thread, but I'd love to post some newspaper articles.
jellybean

Postby Reddy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:47 pm

I think it is a smashing idea Rob. Go for it.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby RandomAccess » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:48 pm

I think this Whale Island RP would absolutely work, as @jellybean stated it could help by fleshing out the dynamics of the WC, it could also lead to character RP which is interesting. We would need a thread or two for it, one for RP and another one for news or info regarding resolutions in the WC. It's actually a fun idea!
RandomAccess. Inactive since 2021

Jafnaðarmannalisti in Telamon (4823 - 4931)
Nouveau Parti Populaire in Rildanor (4731 - 4917)
RandomAccess

Postby DueWizard70 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:01 pm

This sounds great and I'm all for it!
People's Front Kundrati -ACTIVE (4731-4889, 5142-)
Institutional Reform Party Baltusia-INACTIVE (4889-4896)
Demokratische Hosianer von Dorvik Dorvik-INACTIVE (4908-4918)
Third World Controler of Utembo(4851-4953)
DueWizard70

Postby Kubrick » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:14 pm

jellybean wrote:I think Whale Island RP would be a fun idea, and it'd help flesh out the actual physical dynamics of the World Congress, which are pretty nebulous right now. I'd suggest having two threads for it: a newspaper-style thread in which everyone can comment, and a thread for in-character role play. I probably wouldn't participate in a first-person/in-character thread, but I'd love to post some newspaper articles.

Good initiative, Rob, but go with what Jellybean is suggesting here so different styles of RP can find their place on the island where my ex lives.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Edmund » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:26 pm

I support this idea.
Edmund

Postby Aquinas » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:07 am

I am, predictably, warmly in favour of this :D .

A Whale Island RP thread would offer a lot of potential opportunities. The WC Coordinator, I suggest, would play an oversight role of the RP there, in conjunction with Moderation.

I am not good at making maps myself, unfortunately...but it would be lovely to have a map of the Whale Island.

It could show where the General Assembly and the Security Council are, and where the various WC administrative buildings are located. There could be a district where all of the national embassies are congregated, and maybe another district where all of the big NGOs and lobbyists are based...

Generally speaking, I think it would be interesting to think of the Whale Island as being an actual geographic place where all sorts of stuff happens, as opposed to just being a General Assembly thread and a Security Council thread where international representatives chatter away in text only.

eg. Think about where the beaches are, where the nice restaurants are and what they're like etc.... who knows, we could even come up with a Whale Island currency, or Whale Island postage stamps, or Whale Island postcards...

The opportunities are endless, really, if anyone fancies giving it a go.
Aquinas

Postby robmark0000 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:09 am

Thread name: Whale Island
Description: N/A
     ↳ Subthread name: Campaigning (integrated here)
      Description: News and events related to national election campaigns for the World Congress Security Council.
     ↳ Subthread name: Whale Island News
      Description: News and events related to Whale Island, where the World Congress is headquartered.
     ↳ Subthread name: World Congress News Service (integrated here)
      Description: The World Congress News Service is the official news service of the World Congress.
     ↳ Subthread name: World Congress Administration
      Description: Primarily first-person role-play related to the departments, commissions, hearings and other administrative divisions of the World Congress.

The thread called "Campaigning" would be reorganized and integrated into the planned "Whale Island" thread, which would become the fifth thread in the World Congress part of the forum, after the "Security Council", the "General Assembly", the "Sessions Archive" and the "Resolutions Archive."

@jellybean, @Kubrick, @RandomAccess, the "Whale Island News" subthread would be like a national thread in the National News part of the forum, where everyone can write stories, like you suggested. The "World Congress News Service" is an ancient newsthread, however it could be still beneficial, since its news specifically related to the World Congress, and not Whale Island. The "World Congress Administration" subthread would be the third main first-person part of the Forum, where World Congress departments (like the Green Department for example) and committees (like the one created by Resolution 120) can operate.

@Aquinas, I will talk with people who're good at making maps within Particracy, and I am sure we can show progress. I would be glad if that map could be added to the "World Congress Information" thread of the Game Information part of the Forum.

@wimpwampwomp, @Reddy, @DueWizard70, @edmund, thank you for your support!

@everyone, please keep offering your thoughts and maybe ideas for a description of the new thread. We have a plan in our heads, but we need to make it happen together.
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Next

Return to General