Istapali/Rapa Pile Project Discussion

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Istapali/Rapa Pile Project Discussion

Postby Rogue » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:06 pm

In light of the discussion within the PT discord i figured it would be good to start a formal discussion on the Istapali/Rapa Pile borders and possible RP surrounding a change of those borders.
The general idea is that Istapali is a somewhat "weird" blob of territory with similar cultures to and history to that of its neighbours and that with this in mind it could be good to discuss a major RP situation to alter its borders and make the region more in depth.

Taking into account Istapali its history my initial idea is the following:

1. A contested presidential election sees two sides enter the streets in protest, seeking to have their own candidate win the election. With rampant corruption, economic stagnation and poverty the situation in Istapali is flamable, with extremes on both sides of the political spectrum trying to use the election chaos to their advantage. With no solution in sight and the deadline for the presidential inauguration passing the nation is in chaos and ministers of government, regional leaders and military leadership start to contest power, leaving basic services to deteriorate and civil conflict to break out.

2. Istapali's neighbours, mainly Suyu Llaqta and the KU, could end up expressing concern throughout the buildup and, once civil conflict starts, host a regional conference directed by the Dovani Pact to discuss a response to the instability and conflict. Suyu Llaqta would, under pressure from its military, urge for a direct intervention and occupation of Istapali to restore order while the KU and potentially nations like Vascania could urge a more considerate response. Before a solution could be agreed upon the Llaqtese military would invade and try to pacify its border regions, resulting in the breakdown of negotiations and the KU, not having a Istapalian government to work with, quickly also launching its own operation to secure its border.

3. Potentially 2 to 3 years of rather intense conflict could ensue, with Llaqtese and KU forces trying to combat the countless warlords and other factions in the territory they capture while also occasionally clashing with one another, never escalating to a full conflict.

4. After most of the fighting is done, it could have resulted in Istapali losing most of its south to the KU and Suyu Llaqta, with those two nations joined by other willing DP members (Vascania and New Englia) participating in a conference to determine a end strategy. The result could be the annexation of southern Istapali and a DP peacekeeping force in the north that would oversee the establishment of a stable government there. Vascania, worrying about increase KU (or Llaqtese) influence, would press the issue of Rapa Pile in the conference and, after heavy debate, would see Rapa Pile be reincorporated into Vascania as a Special Administrative Region.

This is simply a idea i had, and i look forward to hearing your opinions on the matter as a whole. The end could still see rebel groups in southern (former) istapali continue to combat their new country and overall create a more tense atmosphere in the region. Looking forward to your ideas.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Re: Istapali/Rapa Pile Project Discussion

Postby Pragma » Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:28 pm

I understand that reforms like this are not to be undertaken lightly, but I think these changes may be necessary given the increasingly stale nature of the FBCs which have struggled to get much attention in 2022. A major RP like this might encourage newer players to take an interest.

If Rapa Pile were to be integrated into Vascania, I would obviously work to respect the local culture and keep its unique flavour rather than just seeing it as an opportunity to make Vascania seem more powerful RP-wise. I would also be willing to have it detached from Vascania again if someone wanted to RP just Rapa Pile. At present, however, it's worth noting that Rapa Pile has not had any RP for a while and I would definitely use it extensively in my own RP.
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby Luis1p » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:13 pm

Personally, this seems like a pretty good RP idea. The FBC's do need a bit of activity and this could spark some neat RP, AS LONG AS, everything is well planned out, there are clear goals, and moderation approves this RP.

Could shake things up in the long run and honestly make good of dovani and the FBCs. In the event this RP does take place, I could offer up Lourenne for hosting peace talks and summits. Other than that I see no major role, unless of course its decided to be a bigger conflict.
Luis1p

Postby Rogue » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:19 pm

Luis1p wrote:Personally, this seems like a pretty good RP idea. The FBC's do need a bit of activity and this could spark some neat RP, AS LONG AS, everything is well planned out, there are clear goals, and moderation approves this RP.

Could shake things up in the long run and honestly make good of dovani and the FBCs. In the event this RP does take place, I could offer up Lourenne for hosting peace talks and summits. Other than that I see no major role, unless of course its decided to be a bigger conflict.

I think it could be a great RP on its own but, once completed, could be setting the stage for rivalries and confrontation in the long run. There will likely be some hostility/competition between the KU and Suyu Llaqta due to the skirmishes between the two during the conflict and Vascania could mark the reincorporation of Rapa Pile as a era of renewed Vascanian influence. New Englia could even participate in the conflict through special operations or in the form of a refugee crisis and set itself apart as a stabilizing force in this corner of Dovani.

Overall, lots of potential for things even after a conflict proposed as above. Thanks for the input so far. I think were mostly waiting on Farsun his take on this idea as well as Chitin as another direct participant.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby imperialpearl » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:44 am

I support this RP. It seems to be very interesting. I'm interested to see the new power dynamics which would arise out of the build-up and eventual conflict. However, as Luis said, if moderation approves it, then for sure it gets 1000% of my support and attention.
imperialpearl

Postby Auditorii » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:41 pm

Give me a day or so and I'll respond with my thoughts.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Return to General