Notice: World Congress administration

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Notice: World Congress administration

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:59 pm

With the appointment of the Role-Play Committee, GreekIdiot (TRA) will be taking the lead on the administration of the World Congress and I will be assisting him. Zdanov (Drax) and Luis1p will help out when needed too. The latest election for the Security Council was held last night and the elected members have been invited to present their representatives. The election for Seat E is currently ongoing. In the short term, there might be a few teething problems but please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
jamescfm

Re: Notice: World Congress administration

Postby TRA » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:33 pm

Hello all.

First of, @jamescfm, really appreciate you taking the lead and paving the way with the announcements, posts and especially the gruntwork on the latest session. Most of you should know by now that I have been working on a side website for the game since I rejoined in November 2022 which I hope will continue to serve this community as a tool to enhance everyone's roleplaying efforts - I certainly will continue developing it. Being the developer of the bunch in the RP Committee, we decided that in order for us to better serve everyone, it had to be a collective effort. And collective efforts need tools and automated processes to be better.

I'm happy to announce that https://prtcy.com/congress/ is now available.

How it works:

It automatically fetches and counts information from the game's special pages for the Security Council nominations. No more manual counting!
It then saves the information - ex. https://prtcy.com/engine/data/nominations/seat-a.json (for the fellow coding aficionados) and displays it on the website.
It (will) offers a handy one-click button that generates the forum post. No more manually writing the Security Council results after spending time manually counting!
Added bonus: it tracks the history on every session so we can create some epic charts over the course of the next months (and hopefully drive engagement/competition even more from players).

Other than that, we intend - as @jamescfm wisely said - to take this step by step and invest in the long term. So not much will change neither drastically nor in the short term and that's actually a good thing.

We're here for the long run everyone.

PS: Headlines have been temporarily disabled since The Terran Times now runs on a v1.18 engine and it needs to be, eh, ironed out. Apologies on that - a new Discord app is in the works as well.
Signed by the ghost of the 2300s, GreekIdiot.
TRA

Return to General