Consider onboarding a new second moderator?

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Consider onboarding a new second moderator?

Postby Pragma » Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:01 pm

I'm just asking questions.
Last edited by Pragma on Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby jamescfm » Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:03 pm

Auditorii wrote:
jamescfm wrote:
Auditorii wrote:In regards to this, I can state quite easily that there are no active, or recently active former Moderators that I have any interest in seeing being active in the Moderator-role.

Yes, I would recommend that you re-read my response because that was exactly my point.

I'm aware, I'm confirming the latter part of your statement.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying here. I am suggesting that it would be a good idea to bring in a second Moderator because there are few active former Moderators who would be able to step into the role if required. If you agree with this, why did you immediately rule out bringing somebody new in?
jamescfm

Postby Zanz » Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:31 pm

Auditorii wrote:I don't have any intentions or designs to on-board a second Moderator at this time.

I hope you'll reconsider, and I do echo that I hope if you don't reconsider that at least you can expand on why you don't think this would be suitable now. I agree that no one who has previously served as mod should now be mod again, but I think we've got a large number of players who've never had a shot at it and who've also never had the luxury of existing in PT when responses to administrative requests were guaranteed to be prompt. I say that without judgement, as I know life gets hectic. I simply think it's a solvable problem, and wonder whether you think it's not a problem, or you think it'll improve soon and for good, or something else?
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby hyraemous » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:25 pm

Zanz wrote:
Auditorii wrote:I don't have any intentions or designs to on-board a second Moderator at this time.

I hope you'll reconsider, and I do echo that I hope if you don't reconsider that at least you can expand on why you don't think this would be suitable now. I agree that no one who has previously served as mod should now be mod again, but I think we've got a large number of players who've never had a shot at it and who've also never had the luxury of existing in PT when responses to administrative requests were guaranteed to be prompt. I say that without judgement, as I know life gets hectic. I simply think it's a solvable problem, and wonder whether you think it's not a problem, or you think it'll improve soon and for good, or something else?

Large enough and, in a sense, cleansed from the chaos of the early 2020s PTC. I personally hope there are multiple moderators (at least two) so that, in case there's a disagreement with a ruling, that there's someone else who can take care of it and offer their own advice.
My nation is: Image Kundrati / My party is: Kundrati Democracy
"Instead realize that your country [Kundrati] isn’t special..." - Farsun
hyraemous

Previous

Return to General