Poll: Aspects of the game you love?

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

What are the main aspect(s) of the game that fuel your passion in PT the most?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:09 pm

Creative writing and/or journalism (incl. challenging yourself on areas you're learning like diplomacy and negotiations)
23%
World building (ex. economies, geography, business, finance)
18%
Cultures, heritage, languages, traditions
27%
Graphics and/or cartography
9%
Geopolitics and foreign affairs (incl. supranational orgs)
5%
Multiplayer mode (ex. engaging with players from other nations on sanctions, conflicts, agendas)
No votes
Politics
14%
Long-term strategy arcs
5%
Military and/or intelligence
No votes
Other (please reply with a few keywords or short phrases)
No votes

Total votes : 22

Poll: Aspects of the game you love?

Postby TRA » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:09 pm

Just a quick poll to get some feedback from the community!
Signed by the ghost of the 2300s, GreekIdiot.
TRA

Re: Poll: Aspects of the game you love?

Postby Kubrick » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:18 pm

International roleplay used to be my favourite but nowadays I prefer writing interesting articles and getting a good storyline within a nation going. That said, military roleplay and international incidents does have its merits. But in the current setting of PT I do not feel like it is as fun or as good as it used to be.

But, as Zanz can attest, the best part of this game has and will always be cultural development of the greatness that is Jelbic.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Re: Poll: Aspects of the game you love?

Postby jamescfm » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:48 pm

I am sure I am not alone in trying to select more than two options because I enjoy almost all of these aspects of the game.

In my experience, the aspect of the game that I have enjoyed the most over the years is the collaborative nature of the project. Interacting with other player's role-play provides an important degree of dynamism that prevents the game from becoming dull. Despite the great success of the forum-based countries, I would argue the lack of this dynamic element is a reason why they have not generally been as popular as the "in-game" countries.

Over time, my appreciation for the political component of the game has increased. After you have played the game for a little while, there is a tendency to lose interest in this part. The focus often becomes economic, international and military role-play. Creating a nuanced and diverse political environment in a country is a hugely rewarding experience though.
jamescfm

Return to General