RP Planning: Majatran Cold War

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

RP Planning: Majatran Cold War

Postby GreekIdiot » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:23 am

OOC thread for the Majatran Cold War.

Quick summary

This RP arc was established between Kubrick (player from Vanuku) and me (player from Beiteynu) quite organically based on the RP Planning: Jelbik Revolution thread. So, basically, both Vanukean and Beiteynuese players knew that they'd be at odds on that separate RP arc so they began working towards it. The build up took a life of its own and transitioned to a cold war situation between Vanuku and Beiteynu, as 2 "blocs" began forming.

The endgame is a stalemate of a "divided" Majatra under a cold war situation, which can then be picked up for another arc - like the Jelbik Revolution - or even to be toned down gradually, so it's really not "binding" 100% on other scenarios/players since it was born out of organic RP.[/i]

[i]Formatting inspired by the Rapa Pile War.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Re: RP Planning: Majatran Cold War

Postby GreekIdiot » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:35 pm

@Kubrick,

As far as this is concerned viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9470#p187765 on nuclear weapons, on Beiteynu's end we will only just keep hinting we're doing stuff without actually doing anything substantial (it is a cold war after all). Zdanov and I really don't wanna tank the MSCO and we hope to bring back the MEA at some point; considering Deltaria's position on nuclear arsenal this time around we don't want to poke the bear to much and break relations completely. I've already strained the budget with all this military stuff and the rest of the Bei players don't want to tank the country's economy lol

What's your plan?
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Kubrick » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:09 pm

GreekIdiot wrote:What's your plan?

Make every person second guess the capabilities of the rogue state of Majatra. Either way, plenty of failed states have nukes (Russia, North Korea, etc.) so to have some old junk stockpiled in silos doesn't seem too far-fetched. No interest in using them, it's just for the arms race anyways.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:38 am

Ah, frivolous spending for no reason. I hope we'll be able to tell future generations that it was all "reasonable". Btw, I hope we find an opportunity to RP a mini naval skirmish of sorts, I've been itching here to use the Gadot Measures. Let's sink a few things (pref your stinky subtier nation)!
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Kubrick » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:18 am

Need some more participants first!

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

Kubrick

Postby Pragma » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:26 pm

mama vasc will always support her jelbie amigos
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby Drax » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:43 pm

Does look like the whiff of conflict is attracting not terra wide trade but outsiders who want to throw their military into Majatra. We'll see how many are aware of the MSCO mutual defense provisions.

Wonder if they are being invited.
Neue Dundorfische Zentrumspartei (NDZP), Dundorf, Active
Deltarianska Narodna Strana (DNS), Deltaria, Active
Dedicated to the proposition.
Drax

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:53 am

I have already escalated relations with Beiteynu mainly for reasons that don't have to do with the Cold War but I thought it would be a good time to implement them. The first being I want to stay clear of the TRA and the second being is that Kazulia has an interesting type of Foreign Policy where we accept nations navies to do exercises in places but for Beiteynu to travel north to flex their muscles on Terra that is seen as aggression (along with the TRA stuff and anyways). Once Vanuku starts doing stuff to escalate things I will be turning on them as well and basically saying that both sides are causing trouble (more warmongering speeches).

So main takeaways, Kazulia will be staying out of Majatra affairs mainly just scolding from the upper deck (you can ignore of add me to your kill list I don't care), however it is apart of our foreign policy to let the situation in Majatra resolve itself, we for the time being aren't Interventionist lol.
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby Kubrick » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:11 pm

Not sure Wrnuke will be the one to escalate.

Kubrick

Postby GreekIdiot » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:34 pm

Kubrick wrote:Not sure Wrnuke will be the one to escalate.

Who's going to escalate then ahaha
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Next

Return to General