Announcement: AI/ML content ban

Catch the latest and stay up to date on what's happening.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Announcement: AI/ML content ban

Postby jamescfm » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:11 pm

I strongly support a rule banning the use of generated posts and I am glad the problem is being addressed. I hope that players who have used artificial intelligence to generate posts in the past will be transparent about this. If they are, it is my opinion that Moderation should not punish them retroactively. If posts like this are going to remain publicly available on the forum, they should have to carry some kind of disclaimer about the role that artificial intelligence played in their creation.

As some players suggested on the Discord server, I would like propose that using artificially generated images is not prohibited. At present, most players are using copyrighted images in their posts. As I assume we all recognise, this is not strictly legal. For that reason, I do not think we should prevent players from using artificial intelligence to generate images for their politicians, for example.
jamescfm

Postby beifengxiaoxiao » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:55 am

jamescfm wrote:...I would like propose that using artificially generated images is not prohibited...I do not think we should prevent players from using artificial intelligence to generate images for their politicians, for example.

I second this in the sense that, if it's ethically all right, players should not be prohibited from using AI images. Eventually people could run out of prominent politicians or appropriate situational pictures from a respective IRL counterpart, especially in obscure cultures like FBCs where there are only a handful of appropriate pics out there. Using AI could be a helpful last resort.
一人になって 三年が過ぎ
町並みさえも変わりました
なのになのにどうして?
未練だけ置き去り?!?!
beifengxiaoxiao

Postby Wu Han » Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:35 pm

I agree with the introduction of such a rule, as well as what has already been said.

I will just add that I personally don't like to use or see images that depict real human suffering (violence, victims of famine/natural disaster, etc.), and view the use of such images on a forum game as unnecessary and rather tasteless. However, AI/ML generated images which depict such things could at least ameliorate some of the ethical issues I see with using real images, for those who want to incorporate a visual component to stories covering these sorts of events.

Perhaps the rule could be amended to accomodate this: "... to generate text used in role-play content..."?

Just some thoughts. :)
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby Auditorii » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:26 pm

Despite the delay, this has been added to the rules formally (it has been a rule since this was posted/announced on Discord).

7. The utilization of AI (artificial intelligence) or ML (machine learning) tools to generate role-play content is strictly prohibited. The usage of AI/ML to generate images (that are safe for work and in accordance with other rules) is permitted for use.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Return to Announcements