Proposal: The "Officially-Partnered Discord Server" system

Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Proposal: The "Officially-Partnered Discord Server" system

Postby thefalloutfan101 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:44 pm

Seeing as though there is a greater level of associated discord servers for nations, organizations, and other functions related to Particracy, I once more felt interested in developing a reaction to this; after some back and forth, I've come up with the following suggestion: the creation of an "Officially-Partnered Discord Server" (OPDS) system. Under this label, all discord servers related to Particracy in the above criteria and beyond would be recognized as de facto part of the wider network, and would thus be bound by both the discord and game rules as a broad code of conduct, which can in turn be enforced by the current Moderator/Roleplay Committee team.

Were this to be implemented, any server that has been posted in the appropriate information channels and threads in the main server would fall under this label outright. Any future server would be encouraged to cooperate with this system, by linking it in the main server. This would also motivate server links that have already been posted as in-game bills under the debate tab to also seek recognition and ratification as an OPDS.

I feel as though there'd be little excuse for this not to be implemented, as it cleans up gaps in communication between players and strongly encourages collaboration among members that are on the discord, whilst serving as a widely accessible secondary source for planning out various activities or forms of roleplay when the forum cannot be reached at a given moment, or when the network is down. However I welcome feedback and collaboration on this, as though I already have quite a bit thought out for this, room for second opinions is always helpful and certainly encouraged in this new period of PT's lifecycle.
Active in: Nowhere

"One may become a demagogue out of sheer political innocence." - Vladimir Lenin
thefalloutfan101

Re: Proposal: The "Officially-Partnered Discord Server" system

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:55 am

Quick 2c on my end:

- Neither Wouter nor me are going to enforce any kind of PT rules or guidelines on other servers.
- Adding this weight to 15+ servers out there for the RPC seems also unfair to me.
- There are Discord's own guidelines of conduct for its services - especially servers that are community ones. If players choose to violate Discord's terms of use on other servers, Discord offers tools for server admins such as kick, timeout and ban, along with your end of the mill "report" feature.
- This system feels like down the line of legalise here; in general we should keep avoiding complexity where we can.
- Having said all of that, a simple disclaimer "not our responsibility" on the list of servers might suffice, no?

Edit: I've had this discussion before with james here and it's tech legalise anyway. The gist is, PT is a software as a service (SaaS) and Discord is another software as a service. For PT to create an affiliate program of servers as a SaaS itself on another SaaS, it would need to reach an agreement with Discord itself, first.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:45 pm

Just to clarify my prev comment after a quick talk with james, i was taking the lack of ownership of other servers for granted.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby thefalloutfan101 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:35 pm

Oh I hadn’t intended for it to be that complex at all lmao, perhaps my wording was wrong; What I meant is that all this system would do is ensure that servers get linked in the main one and are bound by the PT game rules and the main PT discord’s rules, ensuring cohesion and greater connectivity between players. I hadn’t intended to create any overly complex system or cause confusion. Basically in layman’s terms this system would ensure uniform adherence to both the game rules and the main discord’s rules, and ensure that each server is in compliance of such. And it also encourages more communication, and, as I said in the main point, a critical secondary tool in case players can’t use the forum at the moment or the game is down.

thefalloutfan101

Postby Luis1p » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:24 pm

Hello,

After discussion with RPC, this is the system we will implement:

- If a player has a discord for a certain country they want to officially affiliate with PT, they have to let moderation/RPC know about it and seek an "Affiliated Status" through an application.

- To become an affiliated server you must DM/PM a member of the RPC or Admin in the Official PT Discord using the following application format:

• Discord Server Owner username:
  • Link to server:
  • Country of Server:

- After becoming affiliated server MUST adhere to the PT/PT discord rules within their discord. Server owners must also post a copy of our rules there.
- At least one member of the current RPC must have a "moderator" status in the discord server seeking affiliated status.
- All other discords that are not affiliated are NOT officially representative of the community, nor will they be sponsored by PT itself.
- The Official PT Discord will no longer advertise nor promote discord servers that are not officially affiliated.
Luis1p

Postby thefalloutfan101 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:27 pm

I would like to add the proposal of an additional clause the guidelines regulating this. Namely concerning matters regarding the potential of two servers existing simultaneously, with one being partnered, while the other is not. Therefore, I suggest the following:
Any server that is made to be partnered while the previous unrecognized/un-partnered one still exists is considered de facto a direct continuation of the previous server, and all regulation and procedure may apply, including administration.

This works to eliminate a number of potential problems, namely the potential for possible coordination of illicit activities on the older, unrecognized server, such as coordinating nation raids, trolling, ban evasion, or other issues. If an older server is discovered to be being utilized for these activities as well as any other infringement of the rules, then the necessary actions can be taken against these players, and the server can be requested control of under the procedures of an investigation from administration, and deleted or archived should the latter be required.

thefalloutfan101

Return to Feedback