Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Feedback: Real-Life Equivalents Index

Postby jamescfm » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:45 pm

Auditorii wrote:I'm going to look to clean up the RLEI in the near future; I wanted to add this as a means to clean up some of the Middle East and associated cultures that have changed.

This is mostly record keeping for myself.

Hebilean - Berber
-- Bedwi - Muslim Berbers
-- "Traditional" Hebilean - Christian Berbers
Jawhari (also known as Majatran Asli) - African Arabs
Kathuran - Assyrian
Ezadi - Iranian
-- Aldegarian - Persian
-- Kharaji - Baloch
-- Bihezi - Kurdish
-- Dumandi - Pashtun
---- Zaqrami - Urdu
---- TBD - Dari
-- Anati - Punjabi

The majority of these equivalents are already included. I have added "Jawhari" as an equivalent for Maghrebi Arab. "Majatran Asli" and "Bedwi" are already being used as the in-game equivalents for Haratin and Bedouin. I am not sure we need specific terms for Berbers based on their religious affiliation either. I am going to wait for additional feedback before adding these terms. I assume that "Dumandi" and "Anati" are misspellings of Dudmani and Ananti, the existing in-game equivalents for Pashtun and Punjabi respectively.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:49 pm

Martinulus wrote:Coined "Saint David" for Saint Joseph (Mary's husband)

Added.
Polites wrote:Request to update the RLEI in light of changes to the Zardic cultural protocol. Please change Esperanto: Augustan to Esperanto: Zardic.

Roman (Eastern/Byzantine): Augustan can stay, as it's still correct in historical terms.

Updated.
hyraemous wrote:Perhaps a equivalent for Telegram?

If you or somebody else wants to create it, we can add it.
jamescfm

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:03 pm

Ok so, I have a few I MESSED UP and added ones that were already on there lol however I have a few that aren't on there yet

Peoples:

Dorvish = Prussian/German
Dundorfian = German
Dolgavan = Latvian
Azkulians = Lithuanians
Valgrivan = Estonians
Karzonian = Latgalians
Beloyuzhni = Belorussians
Manoush = Romani
Suman = Lao
Canrille = French

Languaes:

Dorvish = German
Dolgavan = Latvian
Azkulian = Lithuanian
Valgrivan = Estonian
Suman = Lao
Canrillaise = French
Hanzense = Thai (note: Phra is for the Thai people but it doesn't translate into language I guess, I am just honoring older RP)

Misc:
Vaab=Saab

*I will think of more as they come! Thanks alot James*
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby jamescfm » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:33 pm

Pragma wrote:Vascanian language IRL equivalents:

Assamese - Kshamor
Bengali - Utsari
Bhili - Pari
Bhojpuri - Sakrandi
Dhivehi - Nolhiri
Dogri - Bhapori
Gujarati - Khoni
Hindi - Rajutti
Kannada - Tannata
Konkani - Kuraknese
Maithili - Bhaigani
Malayalam - Yuccharizhi
Marathi - Samanari
Meitei/Manipuri - Arakouge
Mizo (Kuki-Chin) - Kanmite
Nepali - Hamali/ese
Odia/Oriya - Suraya
Rajasthani - Rajavanshi
Sinhala - Pilese
Tamil - Kalam
Telugu - Avidugu

"Rajutti", "Kalam" and "Avidugu" were already included. Pilese had an existing definition which I have removed because it was outdated. "Kotese" is already listed as an in-game equivalent for Sinhala and Sinhalese. I have listed both for now. "Rajavanshi" is currently listed on the Index as the in-game equivalent for Gujarati. I am going to check this out before I add it as an equivalent to Rajasthani. I have added "Khoni" as an additional equivalent to Gujarati though. All of the rest have been added in both the "Peoples" and the "Languages" section.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:19 pm

alaskancrabpuffs21 wrote:Ok so, I have a few I MESSED UP and added ones that were already on there lol however I have a few that aren't on there yet

Peoples:

Dorvish = Prussian/German
Dundorfian = German
Dolgavan = Latvian
Azkulians = Lithuanians
Valgrivan = Estonians
Karzonian = Latgalians
Beloyuzhni = Belorussians
Manoush = Romani
Suman = Lao
Canrille = French

Languaes:

Dorvish = German
Dolgavan = Latvian
Azkulian = Lithuanian
Valgrivan = Estonian
Suman = Lao
Canrillaise = French
Hanzense = Thai (note: Phra is for the Thai people but it doesn't translate into language I guess, I am just honoring older RP)

Misc:
Vaab=Saab

*I will think of more as they come! Thanks alot James*

Peoples

I have added "Dorvish" as an alternative equivalent to German and it was already listed as an equivalent to Prussian. "Dundorfian", "Karzonian" and "Manoush" were already listed. "Dolgavan" was already listed as an equivalent to Latvian but I removed the brackets (which indicate it is potentially outdated). "Azkulian", "Valgrivan", "Beloyuzhni" and "Suman" have all been added. As I understand it, "Canrillaise" is the in-game equivalent to French and Canrille is the name of the region. Please let me know if I have that wrong and I will update it.

Language

According to the cultural protocol of Dorvik, the in-game equivalent to German spoken in the country is just called "Dundorfian" rather than "Dorvish". Let me know if you think that should be changed but it might be worth checking with the players in Dorvik. As in the other section, "Dolgavan" was already listed as an equivalent to Latvian but I removed the brackets (which indicate it is potentially outdated). "Azkulian", "Valgrivan" and "Suman" added. "Canrillaise" was already listed. I have added "Beloyuzhni" as the equivalent to the Belarusian language too but let me know if that is an issue.

"Phra" has been used as the in-game equivalent for the Thai language, see here: https://particracy.fandom.com/wiki/Phra_language. When we were discussing language development earlier in the year, I proposed using "Hanzenic" as the in-game equivalent for the Kra–Dai languages because it includes both Thai and Lao. I haven't added this yet but let me know what you think about the proposal.

Misc

I am going to discuss with the Role-Play Committee before adding Vaab. As there have been many examples of different players role-playing the same real-life car companies with different in-game equivalents over the years, I want to check whether that is something we want to include on the Index.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:30 pm

I think I have responded to all the outstanding suggestions here. If you have not received a response, it means I have probably missed your request. Please feel free to re-submit it, if that is the case.
jamescfm

Postby arsonist » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:41 pm

Alazindian - Croatian
Disuvan - Bulgarian
Daralian - Slovene

Skytian - Czech
Zergonese - Slovak
Lushan - Sorb

Didn't check all but considering Alizandian and Daralian weren't updated I assume all equivalents changed during the Deltaria-Kundrati switch are out of date
Zjednoczona Opozycja - Valruzia
arsonist

Postby jamescfm » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:24 pm

arsonist wrote:Alazindian - Croatian
Disuvan - Bulgarian
Daralian - Slovene

Skytian - Czech
Zergonese - Slovak
Lushan - Sorb

Didn't check all but considering Alizandian and Daralian weren't updated I assume all equivalents changed during the Deltaria-Kundrati switch are out of date

Thanks for bringing these to our attention. I have made a series of updates based on the updated cultural protocols of Deltaria and Kundrati. If you notice any problems, please let me know.

Peoples

"Skitian" added for Czech, "Zergonese" for Slovak, "Lushan" for Sorb and "Lurrian" for Basque based on the Kundrati cultural protocol. "Alazindian" for Czech and "Daralian" for Slovak have been removed as outdated.

"Alazindian" added for Croat, "Disuvan" for Bulgarian, "Daralian" for Slovene, "Delvarian" for Macedonian and "Doron" for Goth. "Tokundian" modified from Serbian to Serb. "Kitembo" removed for Swahili because this refers to the language not the ethnic group. All based on the Deltaria cultural protocol. "Statrican" and "Zergonese" for Croatian and "Hugalonese" for Slovenian have been removed as outdated.

Languages

"Skitian" added for Czech, "Zergonese" for Slovak and "Lurrian" for Basque based on the Kundrati cultural protocol. "Alazindian" for Czech and "Daralian" for Slovak have been removed as outdated.

"Deltarian" added for Serbo-Croatian, "Alazindian" for Croatian, "Doron" for Gothic and "Old Tokundian" for Old Church Slavonic. "Watembo" removed for Swahili because this refers to the ethnic group not the language. All based on the Deltaria cultural protocol. "Statrican" and "Zergonese" for Croatian removed as outdated.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:08 pm

jamescfm wrote:
Pragma wrote:Vascanian language IRL equivalents:

Assamese - Kshamor
Bengali - Utsari
Bhili - Pari
Bhojpuri - Sakrandi
Dhivehi - Nolhiri
Dogri - Bhapori
Gujarati - Khoni
Hindi - Rajutti
Kannada - Tannata
Konkani - Kuraknese
Maithili - Bhaigani
Malayalam - Yuccharizhi
Marathi - Samanari
Meitei/Manipuri - Arakouge
Mizo (Kuki-Chin) - Kanmite
Nepali - Hamali/ese
Odia/Oriya - Suraya
Rajasthani - Rajavanshi
Sinhala - Pilese
Tamil - Kalam
Telugu - Avidugu

"Rajutti", "Kalam" and "Avidugu" were already included. Pilese had an existing definition which I have removed because it was outdated. "Kotese" is already listed as an in-game equivalent for Sinhala and Sinhalese. I have listed both for now. "Rajavanshi" is currently listed on the Index as the in-game equivalent for Gujarati. I am going to check this out before I add it as an equivalent to Rajasthani. I have added "Khoni" as an additional equivalent to Gujarati though. All of the rest have been added in both the "Peoples" and the "Languages" section.

Following up on this, it appears that "Rajavanshi" was listed as an equivalent for Gujarati on the "Third World Information Thread" dating back to 2016. The term is used in this sense in the current cultural protocol of Aldegar and it was used in role-play relatively recently by Polites. As a result, I have added "Rajavanshi" as an equivalent to Rajasthani in both the "Peoples" and "Language" sections but I have not removed it as an equivalent to Gujarati. Let me know if there is anything else I should do on this.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:40 pm

The terms below have been updated based on the cultural protocol of Aldegar.

Peoples

"Panmuan" added for Mongol.
"Rajavanshi" added for Parsi.
"Tukarese" added as an alternative for Filipino.
"Yingdalan" added as an alternative for Han Chinese, which was modified from previous term Chinese.
jamescfm

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback