Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Feedback: Dynamic Rankings

Postby Auditorii » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:19 pm

As a note, my direction to the RP Committee in regards to Forum-based countries is as follows:

FBCs generally rank at the lowest possible tier in all rankings: Underdeveloped economies, limited capabilities and limited influence. FBCs afford a freedom to players that the 58 nations in-game do not. I’ve directed the RPC to automatically bump up FBCs in the first rankings when they become active. For instance, Noumonde hasn’t been played but someone goes there and has been making consistent posts and the next period of Dynamic Rankings comes up, with Moderation permission they will be automatically upgraded from the lowest rankings to the next step (Weak economy, local capabilities and local influence). This is done to incentivize activity and recognize that any activity in FBCs is generally good.

This situation only applies where the FBC is at the lowest possible rankings tier. FBCs that are falling in the rankings or have different rankings are subject to more intense scrutiny due to the freedom that they possess. It’s been a generally unofficial policy that I’ve had as Moderator but one I’d like to make more official.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby hyraemous » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:45 am

Auditorii wrote:
I'm also concerned (perhaps misplaced) that the latest Dynamic Ranking Regulations might be a problem for us since we roleplayed that we bought submarines operating with nuclear power (two from Zardugal, I believe the Luthorian submarines I bought were also nuclear powered) - with our ranking it would appear that we shouldn't be able to own any nuclear-powered submarines due to prohibitively high cost of maintenance. I would argue that perhaps the cost would be reduced by a bit because of our uranium deposits assigned to Kundrati in the Natural Resources list and our friendship with Beiteynu and potentially Luthori to help deal with nuclear reactors in submarines. I fear such roleplay will have been a waste given our current (or upcoming) assignment which I would be ashamed to retcon.

Those regulations, formerly “Moderation Notes”, are nothing new. The operation of nuclear powered submarines, aircraft carriers and chemical, biological and nuclear weapons have ALWAYS been restricted to “Regional power/capabilities” and “Strong” economic powers. That is something that has been in our community for sometime.

In regards to the acquisition of nuclear-powered submarines, my advice would be to do what Brazil realized with their aircraft carrier that they possessed: it became prohibitively expensive to operate and eventually dry docked/sidelined it until they sold it. In the case of Kundrati you could simply dry dock them and hope for the future. If you do wish to utilize them, it would be my advice that you highlight the difficulties in operating them and how that budget isnt being utilized for other things.

I know the first point, I've already understood the first point before our discussion, and I apologize if there was any misunderstanding for that.

I'll see what I can do regarding roleplay on my end however I would like to still exercise the option for the RPCom to provide a second opinion towards my proposed military ranking.
My nation is: Image Kundrati / My party is: Kundrati Democracy
"Instead realize that your country [Kundrati] isn’t special..." - Farsun
hyraemous

Postby Luis1p » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:09 pm

hyraemous wrote:Note: I am satisfied with our middle power ranking and am only concerned with the military aspect of the ranking.

I would like at least a small relook mainly on the military section. After thinking about it I've realized that the "local capabilities" section might be a bit misleading for the military roleplay I've done including military exercises with Dundorf (one in the 5380s and one in the 5350s), our military involvement in Malivia (here, here, and here, military patrols in the Artanian Sea here. our roleplay leading up to the toppling of the Valruzian government here, here, leading up to this post, alongside other general military posts here and in the later part of this post.

The local capabilities rank, therefore, looks misleading since it may imply that the Kundrati military is incapable of operating much outside the borders or general area of Kundrati when there have been some roleplay to back up Kundrati at least being able to flex some muscle in areas not too nearby from our borders. I would've also added our show of force attempt towards the Majatra Sea in support of our ally which shouldn't count as reliance on another power since it is of our own initiative to help support an ally.

Speaking of, arguably only the Artanian Sea patrols and the military involvement of Malivia could count as "reliance on foreign powers" though even then it was agreed that Kundrati and Luthori would send a joint task force which shouldn't appear as reliance and more so cooperation with foreign powers (I believe we left either earlier or later than Luthorian forces though I can't recall at this point) - and while you may say the patrols in the Artanian Sea may be reliance it glosses over the fact the Beikun Fleet (of Beiteynu) was mostly under Kundrati control which eventually was dissolved and replaced by our own fleet.

I'm also concerned (perhaps misplaced) that the latest Dynamic Ranking Regulations might be a problem for us since we roleplayed that we bought submarines operating with nuclear power (two from Zardugal, I believe the Luthorian submarines I bought were also nuclear powered) - with our ranking it would appear that we shouldn't be able to own any nuclear-powered submarines due to prohibitively high cost of maintenance. I would argue that perhaps the cost would be reduced by a bit because of our uranium deposits assigned to Kundrati in the Natural Resources list and our friendship with Beiteynu and potentially Luthori to help deal with nuclear reactors in submarines. I fear such roleplay will have been a waste given our current (or upcoming) assignment which I would be ashamed to retcon.

No matter my concerns I do thank the RP Committee on their concerns and explanations, both upcoming and already-stated.

Thanks for your inquiry and your feedback. After extensive discussion and assessment within the RPC, we will upgrade Kundrati from "Local Capabilities" to "Intermediate Capabilities". However, this would still keep Kundrati under "Middle Power", which we believe is still the correct assessment. We encourage you to continue dynamic, consistent, and in-depth roleplay in Kundrati.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Luis1p

Postby hyraemous » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:28 pm

Luis1p wrote:Thanks for your inquiry and your feedback. After extensive discussion and assessment within the RPC, we will upgrade Kundrati from "Local Capabilities" to "Intermediate Capabilities". However, this would still keep Kundrati under "Middle Power", which we believe is still the correct assessment. We encourage you to continue dynamic, consistent, and in-depth roleplay in Kundrati.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

That's fine. I thank you and RPC for their assessment and am content with the Middle Power rank.
My nation is: Image Kundrati / My party is: Kundrati Democracy
"Instead realize that your country [Kundrati] isn’t special..." - Farsun
hyraemous

Postby Luis1p » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:15 pm

The consultation period for the Dynamic Rankings Update of November 2023 has ended.

Rankings are now effective and will be approved by Moderation for game information integration.

Thank you to everyone who provided feedback and inquiries during the consultation process. The Roleplay Committee appreciates the community's engagement and constructive feedback.
Luis1p

Previous

Return to Feedback