Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Feedback: Dynamic Rankings

Postby Rogue » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:37 pm

Also, now that im taking a clearer look at it. What was the basis of Stratica its ascension? From what ive seen Stratica has had one page of posts, ending in may, with mosts posts posted in just one day. Also curious about Dundorf its demotion, as there has been quite some RP coming from Dundorf, more then Stratica in that regard. Promotion for Aldegar seems curious, as most of the RP there was from Polites and didnt concern economics not military, with posts stopping end of may.
Vascania, just returned to active RP with mosts posts being posts about the change back to monarchy yet its economic ranking is promoted.

Shame about Kafuristan, as Drax did a hell of a lot RP there and isnt seeing it come to fruition. All in all, lots of things that dont really have a explanation or seem based on the actual RP that has happened. It would be appreciated if the RP Committee could shed a more detailed explanation as to why certain nations are promoted and why others are demoted, as there seems to be randomness thrown in at as a factor which i think is not the goal. And also curious if this is a weighted decision by the entire RP committee (AKA has this been discussed between all of you before sending it to us)
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Luis1p » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:49 pm

Rogue wrote:What is non dynamic about my recent RP?

There are several instancesthat involved instability, coups and counter, coups followed by very little to be done economically other than "economic reforms"--in such a short period of time.

In economic instances, Suyu would be categorized under LOW or NONE under the dynamic assessment.

"Low: Posts related to the economy are similar or narrow. Within this standard, economic role-play is likely to be limited to a small number of companies or sectors leaving limited attention for other aspects of the economy.

None: Posts related to the economy are limited and repetitive. If economic role-play exists at all then it is focused on a single sector or company and totally ignores all other aspects of the economy."

I would say the same thing for military. The RP was there, but lacking.

Low: Posts related to the military are similar or narrow. Within this standard, military role-play is likely to be limited to a small number of components leaving limited attention for other aspects of the national military.

None: Posts related to the military are limited and repetitive. If military role-play exists at all then it is focused on a single supplier or piece of equipment and totally ignores all other aspects of the national military.

I would also argue in terms of consistency could have been better, but I do not think that's what constituted the position.
Last edited by Luis1p on Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luis1p

Postby Luis1p » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:51 pm

Rogue wrote:Also, now that im taking a clearer look at it. What was the basis of Stratica its ascension? From what ive seen Stratica has had one page of posts, ending in may, with mosts posts posted in just one day. Also curious about Dundorf its demotion, as there has been quite some RP coming from Dundorf, more then Stratica in that regard. Promotion for Aldegar seems curious, as most of the RP there was from Polites and didnt concern economics not military, with posts stopping end of may.
Vascania, just returned to active RP with mosts posts being posts about the change back to monarchy yet its economic ranking is promoted.

Shame about Kafuristan, as Drax did a hell of a lot RP there and isnt seeing it come to fruition. All in all, lots of things that dont really have a explanation or seem based on the actual RP that has happened. It would be appreciated if the RP Committee could shed a more detailed explanation as to why certain nations are promoted and why others are demoted, as there seems to be randomness thrown in at as a factor which i think is not the goal. And also curious if this is a weighted decision by the entire RP committee (AKA has this been discussed between all of you before sending it to us)

The RP Committee takes these decisions collectively and made these decision before sending them out. We will gladly re-asses RP from the nations you mentioned above. I will admit several of the nations mentioned were involved in lengthy discussions, so we will do our best to look into it and make re-assessments if needed.
Luis1p

Postby Rogue » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:11 pm

Luis1p wrote:
Rogue wrote:What is non dynamic about my recent RP?

There are several instancesthat involved instability, coups and counter, coups followed by very little to be done economically other than "economic reforms"--in such a short period of time.

In economic instances, Suyu would be categorized under LOW or NONE under the dynamic assessment.

"Low: Posts related to the economy are similar or narrow. Within this standard, economic role-play is likely to be limited to a small number of companies or sectors leaving limited attention for other aspects of the economy.

None: Posts related to the economy are limited and repetitive. If economic role-play exists at all then it is focused on a single sector or company and totally ignores all other aspects of the economy."

I would say the same thing for military. The RP was there, but lacking.

Low: Posts related to the military are similar or narrow. Within this standard, military role-play is likely to be limited to a small number of components leaving limited attention for other aspects of the national military.

None: Posts related to the military are limited and repetitive. If military role-play exists at all then it is focused on a single supplier or piece of equipment and totally ignores all other aspects of the national military.

I would also argue in terms of consistency could have been better, but I do not think that's what constituted the position.

Thx for the quick response. While i can get behind the arguments concerning the coups it was also intentional. As noted in convos with Farsun and Imperial i intend Suyu Llaqta to be similar to Thailand, in that coups are less "special" then they might be in other countries and will always result in the monarch being retained. I even made a econ post explaining that we decentralized our economy as to ensure it keeps running even in those instances of imstability.

Also the comments about my posts being stale really hurt as i feel like ive done my best to improve. Sure i might not be as detailed with my posts as some (which also has to do with the fact that writing in english isnt my strongsuit) but i have been doing my best to make them somewhat longer en more varied. Hearing that go unnoticed isnt really encouraging.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Luis1p » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:28 pm

Rogue wrote:Thx for the quick response. While i can get behind the arguments concerning the coups it was also intentional. As noted in convos with Farsun and Imperial i intend Suyu Llaqta to be similar to Thailand, in that coups are less "special" then they might be in other countries and will always result in the monarch being retained. I even made a econ post explaining that we decentralized our economy as to ensure it keeps running even in those instances of instability.

Also the comments about my posts being stale really hurt as i feel like ive done my best to improve. Sure i might not be as detailed with my posts as some (which also has to do with the fact that writing in english isnt my strongsuit) but i have been doing my best to make them somewhat longer en more varied. Hearing that go unnoticed isnt really encouraging.

I apologize if the messaging wasn't very clear, but it wasn't meant to bash your RP in any regard. It's not that your RP is stale, trust me your RP is appreciated(!) and we're not saying it is horrible in any sense. The position here is that there's not enough here to constitute a promotion based on the criteria. You have the elements there, but they need to be developed more --this could be through RP different perspectives, diverse ideas, and consistency. Again, the RP is not stale. We do not assess based on whether the RP is boring or not (that would be very chaotic :shock:). Simply put, with the assessment criteria and the RP there, that is where we decided to keep it.
Luis1p

Postby Luis1p » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:48 pm

Rogue wrote:Also, now that im taking a clearer look at it. What was the basis of Stratica its ascension? From what ive seen Stratica has had one page of posts, ending in may, with mosts posts posted in just one day. Also curious about Dundorf its demotion, as there has been quite some RP coming from Dundorf, more then Stratica in that regard. Promotion for Aldegar seems curious, as most of the RP there was from Polites and didnt concern economics not military, with posts stopping end of may.

Alright, the RP Committee discussed these inquiries and agreed on some changes.

As far as Economic Rankings:

Keymon and Saridan will be demoted due to the recent developments on copy and paste roleplay.

Aldegar, Cildania, Vascania, and Statrica will all be demoted one level after a deeper assessment of RP and conversations within the committee

As far as military and influence rankings:

Saridan will be demoted due to the recent developments on copy and paste roleplay.

Dundorf will be adjusted and remain at middle power. Kafuristan will be promoted to middle power.

These changes will be edited and reflected in the ranking index shortly. We'd like to thank the community for their patience and understanding during the community process.
Luis1p

Postby Auditorii » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:06 am

Please note that the rankings have been adopted and are in the updated ranking thread.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:44 am

Moderation and the Roleplay Committee have discussed over the past month or so the continued development of the Dynamic Rankings, the update slated for either late October or November, will bring with it some new things. First and foremost, we've decided to split the "military/political" rankings into Hard Power and Soft Power. Hard Power is a measure of a nations military abilities whereas Soft Power is a measure of nations influence abilities, be they cultural, political or even economic. We felt that this would provide some more nuance to the rankings. Second, we've introduced new descriptions for Hard and Soft Power, something we're here to ask for feedback.

The Economic rankings will remain the same, below you will find the new descriptions for Hard Power and Soft Power. We'll be updating the criteria for grading them.

Hard Power

Global capabilities - The nations armed forces and defense apparatus maintains a very high-level of readiness with multiple formations, a robust, well-established system of logistics and professional, highly capable and centralized chain of command with clear decision makers. The nations armed forces are capable of conducting long-term, high and low intensity operations across the globe, moving large amounts of troops and material. These nations are capable of conducting operations anywhere in the globe and dispatching forces. The nations armed forces and defense apparatus are modern, well-equipped and well trained. These nations are capable of possessing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons, aircraft carriers and nuclear-powered submarines.

Regional capabilities - The nations armed forces and defense apparatus maintain a high level of readiness, a dedicated system of logistics and a respected, known chain of command. The nations armed forces are capable of projecting their power across their own continent and the immediate surrounding areas. The nations armed forces and defense apparatus are modern but might rely on certain technologies that are not considered state of the art. These nations can possess and potentially create nuclear, chemical and biological weapons but they are limited in quantity. The nation maintains the ability to possess a limited quantity of small or medium-sized aircraft carriers but must make decisions on the direction of its armed forces.

Intermediate capabilities - The nations armed forces and defense apparatus maintain a moderate level of readiness, a basic system of logistics and a known, generally capable chain of command. The nations armed forces are capable of projecting their power to neighboring nations and slightly beyond, they are unable to project across their continent and are limited to their immediate neighboring states without the assistance of additional nations. The nations armed forces and defense apparatus are relatively modern, with modern and older systems mixed together but lack the ability to possess any nuclear, chemical or biological weapons or advanced systems such as aircraft carriers or nuclear-powered submarines.

Local capabilities - The nations armed forces and defense apparatus maintain a low level of readiness, they lack a dedicated system of logistics, rely on ad hoc planning and the chain of command is dubious, often showing a disconnect between field commanders and decision makers in the government. The nations armed forces are capable of projecting power to their immediate neighbors and would struggle with significant combat operations across their neighbors. The nations armed forces and defense apparatus are relatively out-dated and possess a limited number of modern systems.

Soft Power
Global Influence - These nations are juggernaughts when it comes to possessing cultural, political or even economic influence across the globe. These nations often focus their attention on "soft power" and are in a class of their own when it comes to managing global affairs without hard power, though not exclusively. These nations often hold significant cultural or political weight when it comes to influence and utilize that influence to benefit their nation. These nations are viewed as leaders in their fields, often asked to provide their opinions to the World Congress and the Security Council, international organizations and are viewed as global leaders.

Regional Influence - These nations have a global impact but much less so than those who are considered to be a "global influence" and often focus their soft power goals regionally, either through cultural, poltiical or economic influence. These nations play an integral leadership role in global affairs though the World Congress and the Security Council, international organizations and are largely viewed as regional leaders, and in some respects global leaders.

Intermediate Influence - These nations have a more focused, immediate regional influence compared to those above them and those below them. They are typically "up and coming" nations that are beginning to extend their foreign policy beyond basic trade agreements and international agreements, these nations are finding themselves among the regional and global game for influence, be it cultural, political or even economic.

Local Influence - These nations are the middle ground and can possibly possess some influence locally with the nations around them, but the focus for these nations is less outward and more inward. These nations are emerging from isolation or periods of instability to develop ties with the international community and often tack themselves onto a more potent, influential power.

Limited Influence - These nations are the so-called "followers" of the world and are often the pawn or pawns of the "Great Game" of influence, while these nations are generally viewed low on the scale it is always possible that conditions are set for nation to find its niche in the global and regional game.

Third, we've added a sort've "points" scale to rankings to provide them with a little more dynamism. This points scale also serves as a means to gauge and improve the dynamic rankings, this allows nations that might not focus necessarily on Hard Power or Soft Power but are significant in other aspects and allow them to be recognized as such.

Dynamic Ranking Scales
  • Great Power - 13 to 15
  • Regional Power - 10 to 12
  • Middle Power - 7 to 9
  • Small Power - 4 to 6
  • Limited Power - 1 to 3
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: Feedback: Updates to Dynamic Rankings

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:52 am

I like this alot! The points system sounds interesting too. I want to see it in action before I can really comment deeply on it but overall it looks good!
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Re: Feedback: Updates to Dynamic Rankings

Postby Polites » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:33 am

Looks great, and I love the idea of splitting hard and soft power.

Just a little nitpick, but you might want to double check the spelling in these descriptions, there’s a repeated typo. “Nations” is the nominative plural, the genitive singular is “nation’s”.

You’ve also used “sort’ve” which is not the correct abbreviation.
Polites

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback