Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Feedback: Natural Resources

Postby jamescfm » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:57 pm

I stopped playing Particracy Classic in 2021. In case it was not clear, I stopped playing the game because your behaviour had ruined my enjoyment of the game. I did not return after this because you had gained access to the Moderation account without permission and were presenting yourself as an "interim Moderator". Eventually I decided to return earlier this year after observing the role-play of a handful of new players (or returning players in the case of GreekIdiot). Since that time, I have tried at every juncture to avoid interacting with you. In spite of this, you have insulted me, lied about me, publicly mocked me, accused me of being a troll and implied that I am mentally ill.

The repeated attempts to present me as mentally unstable, overly emotional or motivated by a personal vendetta are pathetic. Over a period of several years, you have shown that you are not capable of treating other people with respect. In your time as a player, you were repeatedly sanctioned for bullying and harassing other players. At one point you were permanently banned from the game. As a Moderator, you have used your position in the game to expand this pattern of behaviour. On two separate occasions, you have been forced to resign.

Despite all of this, I do not care if you remain a Moderator at this point. I am simply asking that you let me play the game in a way that is explicitly permitted by the Game Rules but that you have decided is invalid. Apparently even that is too much to ask.
jamescfm

Postby Kubrick » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:59 pm

Auditorii wrote:
Pragma wrote:The people you're going after are the ones who've been putting out a large share of the recent RP this game has seen. If you really cared about the game, why don't you communicate with us with some respect and listen to what we're saying?

I’m not sure that we haven’t listened to what has been said here, Greek and I discussed about being flexible when it comes to generic RP related to resources not listed for a nation.

In regards to dismissing the binding nature, we’re not interested in doing that as we’ve seen RP generated from this and the Oil and Gas Index that we’re happy with and seeing where it goes.

If you’ve got suggestions outside of that, as we’ve said, we’ll listen.

So it's Schrödinger's resource list? Both binding and not binding?
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:20 am

@Greek Thanks for the clarification, that is what I have thought it to be for years and years. I just thought I'd add my 10 cents into the discussion.

Frankly the Resource and Gas List is for Terra to be grounded in some sort of reality which makes for fun and dynamic RP opportunities. If everyone had everything they needed, why would we trade or do anything other than fight battles? Frankly it isn't limiting RP as some have repeatedly said over and over but it has really created lots of good RP.
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby Auditorii » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:45 am

jamescfm wrote:I stopped playing Particracy Classic in 2021. In case it was not clear, I stopped playing the game because your behaviour had ruined my enjoyment of the game. I did not return after this because you had gained access to the Moderation account without permission and were presenting yourself as an "interim Moderator". Eventually I decided to return earlier this year after observing the role-play of a handful of new players (or returning players in the case of GreekIdiot). Since that time, I have tried at every juncture to avoid interacting with you. In spite of this, you have insulted me, lied about me, publicly mocked me, accused me of being a troll and implied that I am mentally ill.

The repeated attempts to present me as mentally unstable, overly emotional or motivated by a personal vendetta are pathetic. Over a period of several years, you have shown that you are not capable of treating other people with respect. In your time as a player, you were repeatedly sanctioned for bullying and harassing other players. At one point you were permanently banned from the game. As a Moderator, you have used your position in the game to expand this pattern of behaviour. On two separate occasions, you have been forced to resign.

Despite all of this, I do not care if you remain a Moderator at this point. I am simply asking that you let me play the game in a way that is explicitly permitted by the Game Rules but that you have decided is invalid. Apparently even that is too much to ask.

Let me clear up some fiction you’ve decided to write here.

I won’t relay what was stated to me in private but you’re either lying about your statement here or you’re lying about your reasons for departing the game which you messaged me about. Let me know which one I should believe.

I’m not sure where I’ve tried to paint you as anything but someone who needs to take a step back and realize that this is ultimately a game from 2005. Losing your mind and saying things like “Fuck you” “You insufferable cretin” or personal attacks isn’t the behavior of someone whose acting rationally. It is quite literally held together by paper clips, gum and duct tape. You messaging Wouter pleading for a leadership role back, trying to unseat me as Moderator is just obsessive behavior that quite frankly doesn’t need to happen.

Your second point of “avoiding interaction” is another boldfaced lie as you once again shared that you have no intention of getting involved with drama or “administrative” matters of the game, which didn’t take you long before you started chiding me for not keeping up with your lofty bureaucratic nonsense. This is a volunteer position, I don’t dedicate every waking moment to this game and nor should you.

You've been a troll and continue to be, you’re signature clearly displays of such behavior. When you returned and prior to your grand unveiling as James again, the game experienced little drama and toxicity and once again, you’ve come back and all the sudden it’s reared it’s ugly head. You’re so incredibly similar to past players it’s disappointing. You were always the more levelheaded and mature of the obsessive types in this game but you’ve ultimately turned out to be just like him and that’s a shame.

In regards to be “permabanned”, once again, past players had a personal vendetta against me and it’s well known. You can check the logs of your own “shit talk” discord that you and several others, including past players at one point, are a member of where you regularly insult, belittle and attack players that you don’t like. I’ve seen screenshots and it’s pretty laughable you try to paint me as someone whose abusive and harassing. I’m sure I can dredge up example of you belittling peoples intelligence, and calling them names. Don’t throw stones in a glass house. You also seem to forget that Wouter himself unbanned me after receiving repeated complaints about his behavior and his actions hence the reason he is permanently banned from this game.

One occasion I resigned because I was locked out of a Moderation account (as was Zanz who was one of my co-moderators) after someone who had a supreme dislike for us decided to launch a massive tirade on the forums. His behavior continued to be what it was and he’s now permanently banned from this game. The second time I resigned myself after realizing that working with you was destroying my enjoyment for the game because of your self-righteous and pompous behavior; this game isn’t that serious but you made it seem like it had to be run like we were having oversight from some government watchdog. Hint hint, I took time from the game too.

It really is a shame because I recognize you could contribute to this game but the minute someone disagrees with you, you become a bitter and aggressive person, especially when you’re not the one in the position of power. The last thing this game needed was more toxicity and more drama and yet here we are, with you being at the epicenter of it once again.

You can play the game however you want, as long as it falls within the rules proscribed by Moderation be them in the official rules or provided otherwise.

Whenever you want to talk and we can end whatever this continued nonsense is, let me know.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:08 am

Kubrick wrote:
Auditorii wrote:
Pragma wrote:The people you're going after are the ones who've been putting out a large share of the recent RP this game has seen. If you really cared about the game, why don't you communicate with us with some respect and listen to what we're saying?

I’m not sure that we haven’t listened to what has been said here, Greek and I discussed about being flexible when it comes to generic RP related to resources not listed for a nation.

In regards to dismissing the binding nature, we’re not interested in doing that as we’ve seen RP generated from this and the Oil and Gas Index that we’re happy with and seeing where it goes.

If you’ve got suggestions outside of that, as we’ve said, we’ll listen.

So it's Schrödinger's resource list? Both binding and not binding?

No, some people include those who were here when the resource list was being created, provided some examples where they had RPd minerals that they might not have wanted to switch around. I believe Axxell pointed out something with Istalia and copper, so while Istalia wouldn’t be able to market it internationally or regionally, domestically they could have some industry related to it.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: Feedback: Natural Resources (including Oil and Gas)

Postby Torsten1 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:05 pm

Would be great if Rutania could get some sort of natural resources. we don't really have an abundance of anything wich for 100 million odd population is abit naff. So feedback is: gib something pls.
Image Imperial League of Rutania / Lìog Ìmpireil na Rutha
Image Kingdom of Rutania / Rìoghachd na Rutha
Controller of the Rutanian Monarchy (Royal Clan Asgaill)
Torsten1

Postby jamescfm » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:37 pm

I want to clarify something about our recent announcement post. In updating the Oil and Gas Index, the Role-Play Committee is not planning to make any changes to the location of oil reserves. If compelling reasons are presented, we will consider it but this is not our primary motivation. The main objective is to make the Index easier to read and understand.
jamescfm

Postby Nuova Istalia (Pond) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:49 am

i know it will be unpopular but i think it would be better to roleplay the end of these resources. in real life they are finite and would be impossible for them to remian the same for 5k years
Sinistra Ecologista, Istalia (inactive)
APSU, Tukarali (inactive)
Ashita, Seko (active)
Nuova Istalia (Pond)

Previous

Return to Feedback