Updated country description for New Alduria

Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Updated country description for New Alduria

Postby jamescfm » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:52 pm

The Role-Play Committee is updating the descriptions of the forum-based countries. For more information about the changes, please see the announcement post here: viewtopic.php?p=191143#p191143

Below is our updated country description for New Alduria. Players are invited to offer their feedback on the proposal in this thread. A period of at least two weeks will be allowed for players to provide feedback. This period will end at the end of the day on 2 February 2024. The feedback period may be extended if discussions remain ongoing at the end of the initial two week period.
NEW ALDURIA

New Alduria is based on Haiti.

ETHNIC GROUPS

Pinnois (Haitian)- 96%
— Black Pinnois (Black Haitian)- 89%
— Multiracial Pinnois (Mulatto Haitian)- 5%
— White Pinnois (White Haitian)- 2%
Other- 4%

RELIGION

Hosianism (Christianity)- 75%
— Aurorian Patriarchal Church (Catholic Church)- 54%
— Abjurantism (Protestantism) - 21%
No religion- 14%
Ahmadism (Islam)- 6%
Other- 5%

LANGUAGE

Kreyòl Pinwa (Haitian Creole) is the most widely spoken language in New Alduria.
jamescfm

Re: Updated country description for New Alduria

Postby Wu Han » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:55 pm

If Haitian = Pinnois, then in my opinion, Haitian Creole = Pinnois Creole. Thus I would suggest changing "Kreyòl Aldurien" to "Kreyòl Pinnois."

Also, not sure if this needs to be added, but I've essentially been planning to draw from a wider reference base than purely Haiti—taking Afro-Caribbean influences writ large. Thus perhaps it might be good to also state that New Alduria is "primarily based on Haiti, as well as other Afro-Caribbean island countries." Not wedded to that phrasing, or this suggestion overall, just thought I'd raise it in any case.
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby Pragma » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:10 pm

Wu Han wrote:If Haitian = Pinnois, then in my opinion, Haitian Creole = Pinnois Creole. Thus I would suggest changing "Kreyòl Aldurien" to "Kreyòl Pinnois."

Also, not sure if this needs to be added, but I've essentially been planning to draw from a wider reference base than purely Haiti—taking Afro-Caribbean influences writ large. Thus perhaps it might be good to also state that New Alduria is "primarily based on Haiti, as well as other Afro-Caribbean island countries." Not wedded to that phrasing, or this suggestion overall, just thought I'd raise it in any case.

Good suggestions, I would just note that in Kreyol it would be spelt as "Kreyòl Pinwa" not "Kreyòl Pinnois"
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby jamescfm » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:43 am

In line with the suggestions above, we have changed the real-life equivalent for Haitian Creole from "Kreyòl Aldurien" to "Kreyòl Pinwa". Below are the original and updated versions of the proposal and the version in the original post has been updated.

ORIGINAL VERSION
NEW ALDURIA

ETHNIC GROUPS

Pinnois (Haitian)- 96%
Other- 4%

RELIGION

No religion- 14%
Ahmadism (Islam)- 6%
Other- 5%

LANGUAGE

Kreyòl Aldurien (Haitian Creole) is the most widely spoken language in New Alduria.

UPDATED VERSION
NEW ALDURIA

ETHNIC GROUPS

Pinnois (Haitian)- 96%
Other- 4%

RELIGION

No religion- 14%
Ahmadism (Islam)- 6%
Other- 5%

LANGUAGE

Kreyòl Pinwa (Haitian Creole) is the most widely spoken language in New Alduria.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:10 pm

The feedback period has concluded and the country description has been updated. Please continue to share any concerns, queries or suggestions in this thread.
jamescfm

Return to Feedback