2020 US Presidential election

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Who should be the next President of the United States?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:43 pm

Joe Biden
70%
Donald Trump
30%

Total votes : 27

Re: 2020 US Presidential election

Postby John Cracker » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:17 pm

Okay, I will admit Luis that I was wrong, the DNC has normal people.
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby Aethan » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:02 pm

From an European point of view, I'm always surprised about the labels both American (ugh I hate that word for talking about US citizens) political parties uses to discredit their rivals, considering their politics are much more "socially conservative" that what I'm used to.

My feelings, and I'm absolutely not a Trump supporter in any way, is that he still has chances to win. Considering what is seen about American society, he could have been confronted about him dealing with the pandemic but instead, he is being given a free hand to critizise Biden's campaign and supporters using the BLM protests as his political shield and the argument to stand up again and fight for the presidency
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby John Cracker » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:35 am

He absolute has a chance to win, the redirect of Trump is one of the last things on many voters minds right now, I believe that most voters are more concerned about trumps actions, the economy, and oh the peaceful riots.
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby John Cracker » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am

RBG just died, thoughts and prayers to her family, but what effect do you think this will have on the election, and do you think Roe vs Wade will be overturned?
John Cracker

Postby Wu Han » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:12 am

Should Biden win? Of course. Will Biden win? Not sure yet but hope springs eternal. Let's see how the debates go.

With the death of RBG, this election really will determine the course of civil liberties in the United States for a generation — unless turtle-fucker Mitch tries to shove through a 25-year-old QAnon-acolyte law student before then.

Edit: Here we gooo.
Last edited by Wu Han on Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby John Cracker » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:01 am

I'm hoping well get 6/3 control and then overturn Roe vs Wade without having to worry about Roberts.
John Cracker

Postby John Cracker » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:10 am

The article says the process takes about 2-3 months, by then Trump will still be in office, so couldn't a justice get pushed through without rushing it?
John Cracker

Postby Luis1p » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:33 am

John Cracker wrote:I'm hoping well get 6/3 control and then overturn Roe vs Wade without having to worry about Roberts.

So sad that women's rights and other civil liberties are at stake with this pick. If Republicans have any moral integrity left in their souls then they'll wait till after the election. But alas, I'm afraid we're going to see yet another case of Republican hypocrisy once more.
Luis1p

Postby jamescfm » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:39 am

Last edited by jamescfm on Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:40 am

John Cracker wrote:I'm hoping well get 6/3 control and then overturn Roe vs Wade without having to worry about Roberts.

As a Republican, this is by far one of the dumbest things I've ever read. I cannot stand how a party whose mantra is "freedom, choice, etc." Has continually used some vague religious moral "high ground" to force state and federal government to tell women what they can and cannot do. I have no fucken clue how we can claim to be a party for freedom and "small government" and then literally tell women what they and cannot do with their bodies.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic