Guess What Ethnicity I Am

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Re: Guess What Ethnicity I Am

Postby GreekIdiot » Sat May 02, 2009 3:32 pm

You forgot about England. If he's a drunk pathetic teenager running wild in the streets and terrorizing public health, then he's British.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Khaler » Sat May 02, 2009 5:19 pm

Well I can endorse everything what Molotov wrote.

As for me, I'm 50% Finlandssvenskar, a Swedish-speaking Finn, but actually my first language is Finnish. Swedish-speaking Finns have different genes than Finns (most of them atleast), so from an ethnic point of view, I'm genetically not a Finn. My other parent is half Swiss and half Dutch and thanks to that I actually have a dual citizenship of Finland and Switzerland.

Swedes and Dutch have lighter hair than most of the Europeans, and Sweden and Switzerland are neutral. All clues were true.

So I doubt that from Molotov's point of view I'm a full Finn as were are not talking about some ancient ancestry.
Be on your OLD GUARD, stand firm in the faith!
-1 Selucians 16:13
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby Eldascar » Sat May 02, 2009 5:45 pm

Khaler wrote:
Eldascar wrote:
George S.K wrote:Khaler's from hell and has come to spread his nastiness.
As are all mongrels.

Hey mate, have some fiskeolje and chill out.

You love it, don't you?
I prefer mead.
Eldascar

Postby JuliaAJA » Sat May 02, 2009 5:56 pm

I don't smoke, I believe in Ancestor spirits, though the Cherokee are monotheist. I am actually quite smart and I'm not fat.

George S.K wrote:You forgot about England. If he's a drunk pathetic teenager running wild in the streets and terrorizing public health, then he's British.

Good one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm part English.

Any one? The 25 and 20 are related and the English won in both WWI and WWII, but they forget that they wouldnt've if not for America and one is neutral, Xanathos should know this one.

25% ________________ = Not too far from Schultz on Hogan's Heroes
~20% English = Newkirk on Hogan's Heroes
~5% Native American = Carter on Hogan's Heroes

And, the score.

George 1
Me 1
Everyone Else 0
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby GreekIdiot » Sat May 02, 2009 9:04 pm

Jessaveryja wrote:George 1
Me 1
Everyone Else 0

Seriously, find something else to play with.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby JuliaAJA » Sun May 03, 2009 1:28 am

George S.K wrote:
Jessaveryja wrote:George 1
Me 1
Everyone Else 0

Seriously, find something else to play with.

Why?
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Amazeroth » Wed May 06, 2009 9:18 am

Khaler wrote:Well I can endorse everything what Molotov wrote.

As for me, I'm 50% Finlandssvenskar, a Swedish-speaking Finn, but actually my first language is Finnish. Swedish-speaking Finns have different genes than Finns (most of them atleast), so from an ethnic point of view, I'm genetically not a Finn. My other parent is half Swiss and half Dutch and thanks to that I actually have a dual citizenship of Finland and Switzerland.

Swedes and Dutch have lighter hair than most of the Europeans, and Sweden and Switzerland are neutral. All clues were true.

So I doubt that from Molotov's point of view I'm a full Finn as were are not talking about some ancient ancestry.

Genetically speaking, you're Swedish then. (Apart from Swiss/Dutch origins)

In your eyes, do the Åland-inhabitants qualify as Finland-Svensker, or are they genuine Swedes?
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby Khaler » Wed May 06, 2009 8:33 pm

They are finlandsvenskar. And nah, we are not swedes really as we have been in Finland for hundreds of years. But yes, genetically speaking we are Swedes. But then again many Finns have swedish genes also, as many families changed their swedish names to finnish ones during the russian era and became finns. So genetically speaking the amount of "swedes" is much larger than officially as they started to speak finnish as their first language. In southern Finland pretty much every finn has some swedish genes. Swedish surnames are common among the finnish-speakers also, thus meaning they have atleast some swedish ancestry, and many surnames were translated to finnish back in the day. (Like Galen for Kallela). The real number of "Finnish Swedes" is unknown, genetically. And the same language game goes both ways. I can't know how much finnish genes I have, as Finns mixed with the swedes even before the russians came. That is why I prefer the term finlandsvenskar over swede, because we are mixture of both. Officially though, even I myself am not finlandsvenskar according to our government as my first language is finnish.

Also our dialect differs from the swedish of sweden (actually we speak more "correct" swedish, the original one), as is the Åland-swedish.
Be on your OLD GUARD, stand firm in the faith!
-1 Selucians 16:13
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Previous

Return to Off-topic