"The Swedish Tobacco"

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Have you tried Snus or Dipping Tobacco?

Yay, I have tried Snus!
17%
Yay, I have tried both!
25%
Yay, I have tried Dipping Tobacco!
No votes
No, I have not and I do not use nicotine products.
42%
No, I have not and I will propably get lung cancer and die painfully.
17%

Total votes : 12

"The Swedish Tobacco"

Postby Khaler » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:34 pm

Now it is time to advertise one of the greatest tobacco products of all time, the SNUS! It is extremely popular in Sweden and well known in other Scandinavian countries, and it has usage in Russia, Baltic States and Germany. Because of the Evil Union (EU), it is illegal to sell and produce it in any other country within the union, with Sweden as the great exception. This post was inspired by the Britons whining how they no longer can smoke inside their PUB's, as they obviously have missed the greatest tobacco product ever produced.

Ettan, one of the most popular Snus Brands of Sweden.

So what is Snus? Basically, it is the same as Dipping Tobacco in the States, which was brought to the New World by the Swedish immigrants. The differences are in the composition and the way the product is used. Snus can be used in much smaller doses and the nicotine in it goes directly through the "skin" ("mucous embrane" was the only translation I could find.) of mouth to your body. "Loose Snus" is sold as moist powder that you have to shape and portion it yourself to a form that is called "pinch". Unlike the dipping tobacco, it does not require saliva to deliver the nicotine, actually the drier the "embrane" the better, and because of that, it does not generate the excess amount of saliva like dipping tobacco does so there is no need to spit all the time. Thanks to that, you can use it in pretty much anywhere quite undetected. It is usually placed under the upper lip ("upper decker"), and when placed there, you can even drink beer, as the "pinch" does not affect the taste of the drink. Also unlike the dipping tobacco, there is no fear of swallowing the saliva, which can cause vomiting and nausea, as the ingridients of Snus do not mix up with it.

Like dipping tobacco, Snus is much healthier than smoking, actually the newest Swedish researches claim it has no negative effects on health at all. It has much larger doses of nicotine in it than cigarettes and you can keep a pinch in your mouth for a long time, so basically your need of nicotine is satisfied all the time.

It is also sold in portions, where it is already portioned in pinches at the factory. The portion bags resemble teabags and they are used the same way as the "original" pinch, with the bag. I for one would never use "loose snus" because it can get messy if you are new to the stuff, and walking around the streets with brown teeth is not something I'd like to do. That is why I prefer the portions, they are easy to use in a Pub for example, as you don't have to make the pinch yourself and the stuff stays intact in the bag for sure. It is great stuff for nicotine addict in places where you can't smoke, that is what I learned in the army. It is also used by many athletes, as you can use it during performance.

Portion Bag. They are usually little smaller than average man's fingertip.

So, if it is allowed to sell Snus in your country, throw your cigarettes to trash can and go get some, as it is in all ways much better stuff than any other tobacco product. Sad thing is that it is illegal in UK, so you Britons have to cope with the fact that you can't get your nicotine doses in Pubs. Actually it is illegal in Finland also, but you are allowed to bring it from Sweden as much as you like. It should be legal in Russia, Norway and the United States, atleast.

This drunkness-inspired Advertisement ends here. Now you can return to your miserable cigarette-filled lives and die of lung cancer while the Swedes stay as healthy as ever.
Be on your OLD GUARD, stand firm in the faith!
-1 Selucians 16:13
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Re: "The Swedish Tobacco"

Postby Opakidabar » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:22 pm

I think people use cigarettes because of the smoke (it calms nerves) and Hollywood movies. Imagine Marlboro cowboy or Andy Worhol with snus! :lol:

I do not smoke at all. No need to put myself on nicotine.
Opakidabar

Postby jethro » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:55 pm

Yes, it's sold in Russia. I tried it a few times but never really found myself drawn to it. I see it as the liberal way of smoking. Seriously, if you're going to use tobacco, put a goddamn cig in your mouth (or a nice fat cigar if you can afford it), or don't bother, in my own opinion. Still, I recommend if you live in a nation that isn't overrun by absurdly liberal ideas like much of Western Europe I recommend you try some. Never have tried dipping tobaccy though. Have I been missing out on something?

Remember kids, don't smoke, don't do drugs, don't drink and dri- and yada-yada-yada-faggity-fuckin-froomin.
But if you are going to smoke, I personally suggest you smoke Ява. This is actually a genuine endorsement.
For their price, these things are pure gold.

And if you're going to do drugs, do black-tar heroin and cut out all the gateway and middlemen drugs.
And if you're going to drink and drive... well, given the way people tend to drive sober I really cannot see how being drunk off your ass could possibly make the world's roadways any less safe. Go nuts!

I am the first to admit that I am a godawful role model.
jethro

Postby Sam » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:03 pm

jethro wrote:And if you're going to drink and drive... well, given the way people tend to drive sober I really cannot see how being drunk off your ass could possibly make the world's roadways any less safe. Go nuts!

My hood and windshield got completely smashed once by a drunk woman changing lanes in front of me at an intersection.
"The FSB finally caught him for talking shit about replacing Putin with this "Saiser" character. I'm guessing they're up to his seventh toenail by now."
- Dynastia on jethro
Sam

Postby Dynastia » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:29 pm

I reccomend black shag tobacco instead of whatever eurofaggy crap jethro is pushing.

The black is so insanely vile and powerful and awesome that retarded pre-teens smoke it through a bong when they can't get any spraypaint or jenkum or strangling themselves or whatever the hell shitty semi-drug they're using these days. The nicotine headrush will literally overwhelm you for a good two or three minutes when it's your first smoke of the morning. Plus, when you smoke black shag nobody mugs you because you smell like a fucking jailhouse. I started smoking it because it was cheap, and now I've gotten so used to it that any other kind of tobacco just feels like sucking on tobaccy-flavoured air.

Also ; black tar heroin is for pakis and faggots.
Dynastia

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:56 pm

Hurray for Marlboro! Unfortunately, or fortunately, whatever, I smoke occasionally.... :P

Being a weird fun of LORT I really want to smoke a pipe. Dunno why...
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby jethro » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:36 pm

Dynastia wrote:I reccomend black shag tobacco instead of whatever eurofaggy crap jethro is pushing.

Most of us grew the fuck out of cheapass black shag in our teens. I'm far poorer than I'd like to admit but even I'm not so desperate I'd inhale that shit again (though I'm fairly sure I'm still doing better than a redskinned roo-fucking Aussie who smokes that type of shit). The difference between black and a good, solid cigar from the Urals is like the difference between cleaning fluid and a Cognac. However, I'm not smoking those cigars much (and hence am not pushing them) because they still cost too damn much, but what I am recommending is reasonably good (somewhere above mediocre) and compensates in my mind by being astonishingly cheap. Though, in fairness to Dynastia, the instant I feel an insatiable urge to tear at the eyes and wipe out whatever vestigial brain cells I may still retain at this point in my life I will certainly take up your recommendation.

George S.K. wrote:Being a weird fun of LORT I really want to smoke a pipe. Dunno why...

What the fuck does it mean to be a "fun" or whatever the fuck "LORT" is? I'm guessing (please, please, tell me I'm wrong) that you mean Lord of the Rings.
It doesn't matter, my advice to your comment: Don't be a goddamn pussy-fag man, you're better than that.
jethro

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:05 pm

jethro wrote:It doesn't matter, my advice to your comment: Don't be a goddamn pussy-fag man, you're better than that.

Come on man, what's wrong with a pipe? Aside the fact that in Greek, smoking pipe and blowjob are the same word, I see nothing wrong with it. I simply adore smoking, gives a sense of weird liberty, I honestly can't describe it.... :lol:

jethro wrote:Though, in fairness to Dynastia, the instant I feel an insatiable urge to tear at the eyes and wipe out whatever vestigial brain cells I may still retain at this point in my life I will certainly take up your recommendation.

Just quit smoking. Can't get cheaper than that!
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Eldascar » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:23 pm

People wonder why I don't smoke, drink regularly, and eat British food.
Eldascar

Postby AdJeCtIv3 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:18 pm

George S.K wrote:Come on man, what's wrong with a pipe? Aside the fact that in Greek, smoking pipe and blowjob are the same word, I see nothing wrong with it.

Pipes or blowjobs?
I AM NOT A Image ANY MORE!!
AdJeCtIv3

Next

Return to Off-topic