Your favorite actors/actresses?

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Your favorite actors/actresses?

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:42 pm

Just watched a film with Anthony Hopkins called "fracture" and I certainly can say that was one of the best fucking movies I've seen Hollywood produce after 2001 (after 9/11 that is, when the bloody atmosphere changed).

Hopkins also played in Hannibal, so, I'd put him on my favorites list. Meryl Streep also is good.

Although I'd say I'd turn gay for Mitch Hewer after watching Skins. :P I assume you guys in England have seen it or heard about it?
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Re: Your favorite actors/actresses?

Postby Molotov » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:53 pm

Sir Ian McKellen, Dame Judi Dench, Dame Helen Mirren, Ian McDiarmid, Ewan McGregor, Patrick Stewart, William H. Macy, Jack Nicholson. There are some more I like, but I'm rubbish at remembering actors' names. Also it looks like I'm a fan of Scottish actors, never noticed that before.

Well I liked the second series of Skins, not sure about the latest offering.

I'm not really a fan of Anthony Hopkins, he was good in the Hannibal Lecter films but as a man I really don't like him. Even though he is Welsh. Welsh people who move to America really get on my nerves, especially when they gush about being Welsh (like that bloody Catherine Zeta Jones). Oh, they love being Welsh, but they wouldn't spend a minute longer in their water-logged craphole of a country than they had to.
Molotov

Postby MrBean111 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:13 am

I have to say Robert DeNiro and Clint Eastwood. George C. Scott was good too. :arrow:
The Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
"Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets"
MrBean111

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:10 am

Molotov wrote:Well I liked the second series of Skins, not sure about the latest offering.

I recently saw it and damn it's fucking amazing.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Molotov » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:18 am

I didn't like the characters in this one, and maybe it was me that had grown up a bit but it seemed childish.
Molotov

Postby Chazza » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:13 pm

Molotov wrote:I didn't like the characters in this one, and maybe it was me that had grown up a bit but it seemed childish.

It was never very mature though was it, well I didn't see the second series, but I was laughing most of the first one, and not when you were meant to be laughing. Actually I did see a bit of the third series, some guy downed a pot noodle and I turned off.
Chazza

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:16 pm

I haven't seen the third season, just the first too, with the initial characters. Although I wouldn't place it amongst the best series I've ever seen, I could safely argue the fact that it's interesting. Their lives are so fucking screwed that makes it original. And for a teen like me it is indeed worth watching. Also, the music, at most episodes was brilliant.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Chazza » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:12 pm

Dorkyland wrote:I haven't seen the third season, just the first too, with the initial characters. Although I wouldn't place it amongst the best series I've ever seen, I could safely argue the fact that it's interesting. Their lives are so fucking screwed that makes it original. And for a teen like me it is indeed worth watching. Also, the music, at most episodes was brilliant.

Thing is though, speaking as someone who was probably their 'target audience' and who can pin point who the characters were based on, it's all just so unrealistic I can't help but laugh.
Chazza

Postby Molotov » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:17 pm

At the moment I'm watching Personal Affairs on BBC Three. It's brilliant.
Molotov

Postby AngryMollusc » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:00 pm

Molotov wrote:At the moment I'm watching Personal Affairs on BBC Three. It's brilliant.

Really? I have to admit, I'd only ever heard bad things about it up until now. Never seen it myself, though.
AngryMollusc

Next

Return to Off-topic