Your favorite actors/actresses?

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Re: Your favorite actors/actresses?

Postby Chazza » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:06 pm

Just finished Season 5 of the Wire, it got a bit silly towards the end but overall one of the best shows I've ever seen.
Chazza

Postby Molotov » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:54 pm

I've come to the conclusion that all American programmes these days are shit, go on way too long, have stupid ponderous plots and take themselves far too seriously. I've not found one I like, but each one recommended to me that I take a look at makes me detest them more. House, for instance.

AngryMollusc wrote:
Molotov wrote:At the moment I'm watching Personal Affairs on BBC Three. It's brilliant.

Really? I have to admit, I'd only ever heard bad things about it up until now. Never seen it myself, though.

It's excellent. I mean, it's silly but well written, quite wry and it doesn't take itself too seriously. Only watched the first episode by chance, I thought it was going to be a programme for women like Desperate Housewives or something, but I've watched them all since.

Watched the first episode on the same night I watched Will Smith's dreary Seven Pounds, it was better than that film anyway.
Molotov

Postby GreekIdiot » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:10 pm

Molotov wrote:I've come to the conclusion that all American programmes these days are shit, go on way too long, have stupid ponderous plots and take themselves far too seriously. I've not found one I like, but each one recommended to me that I take a look at makes me detest them more. House, for instance.

I personally like House, and I would dare say Lost and Prison Break are just crappy as it gets.

Come on, Friends is nice.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Amazeroth » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:26 pm

George wrote:
Molotov wrote:I've come to the conclusion that all American programmes these days are shit, go on way too long, have stupid ponderous plots and take themselves far too seriously. I've not found one I like, but each one recommended to me that I take a look at makes me detest them more. House, for instance.

I personally like House, and I would dare say Lost and Prison Break are just crappy as it gets.

Come on, Friends is nice.

I don't like House, but Friends is very nice. So is Malcolm in the Middle. And the Simpsons.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby Molotov » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:32 pm

Malcolm in the Middle is one of the best programmes to be made anywhere in absolutely ages. It's amazing it got made in America, with their penchant for mass-produced unoriginal situation 'comedies'. The Simpsons used to be excellent too.
Molotov

Postby Mr.Yankees » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:43 pm

I like many actors and actresses. I can mention a few:

Jack Nicholson (really funny guy), Robert De Niro, Tom Hanks, Tommy Lee Jones, Kathy Bates, Emma Thompson (pretty much the only British actor/actress I like)... I can go on but it's a long list.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Molotov » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:45 pm

De Niro isn't an actor, neither is Tommy Lee Jones or Tom Hanks. These are people who have been filmed, being themselves.

You know, I hate actors, but an American wouldn't know acting if acting's even more gay brother fucked him in the arse.
Molotov

Postby Mr.Yankees » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:26 am

Molotov wrote:De Niro isn't an actor, neither is Tommy Lee Jones or Tom Hanks. These are people who have been filmed, being themselves.

You know, I hate actors, but an American wouldn't know acting if acting's even more gay brother fucked him in the arse.

Sure. :roll:
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Molotov » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:39 am

Oh come on. They're not actors. They're only a little better than Schwarzenegger. They're just in films, de Niro plays an Italian American, Hanks an amusing middle American and Tommy Lee Jones a gruff mid-western American. I like them all, but they're not actors.

Although I don't think you've much of a tradition of theatre in your country, although of course I don't really know.
Molotov

Postby JuliaAJA » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:41 am

Who likes Hogan's Heroes?
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic