Your favorite actors/actresses?

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Re: Your favorite actors/actresses?

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:20 pm

Molotov wrote:Oh come on. They're not actors. They're only a little better than Schwarzenegger. They're just in films, de Niro plays an Italian American, Hanks an amusing middle American and Tommy Lee Jones a gruff mid-western American. I like them all, but they're not actors.

Although I don't think you've much of a tradition of theatre in your country, although of course I don't really know.

You are misinterpreting the definition of acting itself. De Niro and Tommy Lee Jones are full time actors in the Hollywood industry, which is a filmaking industry. They act in films alright. Unless of course I misinterpreted you completely.

Tom Hanks is a fucking stupid arrogant old shit for playing in the Angels & Demons movie. Damn, so not like him. Where have the gool old Terminal days gone to?
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby JuliaAJA » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:35 pm

George wrote:Tom Hanks is a fucking stupid arrogant old shit for playing in the Angels & Demons movie. Damn, so not like him. Where have the gool old Terminal days gone to?

The Terminal was a great movie, I watched it several times.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Amazeroth » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:58 pm

Molotov wrote:Oh come on. They're not actors. They're only a little better than Schwarzenegger. They're just in films, de Niro plays an Italian American, Hanks an amusing middle American and Tommy Lee Jones a gruff mid-western American. I like them all, but they're not actors.

Although I don't think you've much of a tradition of theatre in your country, although of course I don't really know.

You don't like Schwarzenegger? One of our most famous exports?

Apart from that, at least de Niro has played lots of different characters, and not all of them Italian Americans.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby JuliaAJA » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:07 pm

Amazeroth wrote:You don't like Schwarzenegger? One of our most famous exports?

I like him and Wolfgang Puck. Schwarzenegger is a great actor and a great politician, I wish he was Governor of Nevada, Nevada has an idiot for a governor. Wolfgang Puck is a great chef and anyone who doubts that is crazy.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Molotov » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:35 pm

Amazeroth wrote:

You don't like Schwarzenegger? One of our most famous exports?

I think he's awesome, but he's not an actor by any stretch of the imagination.

Apart from that, at least de Niro has played lots of different characters, and not all of them Italian Americans.

Maybe. He was quite good as the Devil in The Devil's Advocate. I'm not a big fan though.
Molotov

Postby Amazeroth » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:51 pm

Molotov wrote:
Amazeroth wrote:You don't like Schwarzenegger? One of our most famous exports?

I think he's awesome, but he's not an actor by any stretch of the imagination.

Well, can't say anything against this.

Molotov wrote:

Maybe. He was quite good as the Devil in The Devil's Advocate. I'm not a big fan though.

[/quote]

I really liked him in "Heat".
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby GreekIdiot » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:54 am

Molotov wrote:

That was Al Pacino, not Robert DeNiro.

One of their best collaborations is named "Righteous Kill", if you've seen it. Good movie, not that great though.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:51 pm

I can say who the worst is and goes by the name Daniel Radcliff. Indescribable disappointment.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Mr.Yankees » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:03 am

George wrote:I can say who the worst is and goes by the name Daniel Radcliff. Indescribable disappointment.

I am guessing you just watched the latest Harry Potter movie adaptation. According to my sister, it was one of the worst movie adaptations she has ever watched. She told me is all about teenagers and their hormones and that's it.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby GreekIdiot » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:19 am

Yup, just got back from the cinema. Worst adaptation? Of course not. INDESCRIBABLE SHIT.

Boring scenes, action limited; not that I'm a fan of any of the too particularly, but the balance is off. Jee, have you ever seen a movie where you get the feeling that the actors are indeed acting? Baboons could do it a lot better here. Well, this movie is all about that. It's actually really disappointing, that's all I can say. Too bad.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic