George vs. Darvian in What Is Most Annoying?

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

George vs. Darvian in What Is Most Annoying?

Postby PresMusharraf » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:50 am

What is/was most annoying? Barnwood godmodding every RP he was involved in? Or our dear friend Steve (hereafter refered to as ODF Steve) abusing Naruto?

BARNWOOD -
ODF STEVE -
Hobrazi Union - Hobrazia (Inactive)
Luterani Útocný Strany - Deltaria (Active)
Lutherans of Keymon - Keymon (Inactive)
Corrupt Dealings Party - Baltusia/Kabushika/Celestia (Inactive)
I miss banners.
PresMusharraf

Re: George vs. Darvian in What Is Most Annoying?

Postby IdioC » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:16 pm

I thought Barnwood atoned after a few initial mistakes, or am I wrong?
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:17 pm

I honestly never heard of Barnwood godmodding.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Khaler » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:27 pm

They were the good old times. All RP threads had atleast two thirds of OOC whining in them.

"BOOHOO you are godmodding! I want to WIN, WIN WIN WIN WIIIINN!!! I don't care if we have interesting story or not, I just want to WIN! WINWINWIN! I want colonies, gimme some colonies! Sob, not fair, we want colonies so our country looks larger on the map, we don't care if you have created elaborated history and culture for those parts of terra, they don't belong to you no more than to us and we want colonies! sob. And don't dare to destroy our monarchy, sob sob, we have had so much work in building it, you have no right to ruin it with your revolution! We have the greatest army and 24 aircraftcarriers, bitches, even though our country is one of the poorest in the world, a communist hellhole! And if you disagree, we won't roleplay with you!"

Mostly people were whining about war and having to loose/the opposition having too much troops, nukes, airplanes etc or changin the country too much to the liking of some players (like overthrowing monarchies) or about colonies or what different treaties really meant. It was hell as people thought they were playing a game instead of roleplaying. I still think no war or conflict rp should be allowed if the ending is not agreed beforehand.
Be on your OLD GUARD, stand firm in the faith!
-1 Selucians 16:13
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby Darvian » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:56 pm

George nor I will be debating this per our discussions.
Darvian

Postby JuliaAJA » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:08 am

What Khaler just described sounds like Talmoria's recent Civil War, it only ended with the sale of the land that Luthori desired. At least Zardugal was a good sport just buying from the start and not complaining that they didn't get every last one of the colonies.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Barnwood » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Khaler, what are you on about? I wasn't particularly fussed about the actual overthrow of the monarchy, it was more about continued invasions of Vascania when RP was frozen there. I thought I had a right to build up my army there in that time, some people didn't. I believe in that respect I was in the right.

It's not that I was a sore loser about losing the war either. If Hutori had have lost to the Communists, or even Saiserist and Comintern involvement, yes I'd have been upset, but I would hardly kick up a big stink. The fact is, I lost the war because of Iori Komei's ridiculous godmodding. According to him, Sekowo had laser weaponry, chainguns, over thirty aircraft carriers and an amazing nuclear weapon defence system that would eat all of my nuclear weapons if I fired them. Oh and they had thousands of modern nuclear weapons as well as some 'mini nukes' whatever they were. He went on about how his hard work would be ruined if I started a colony in Dovani. Well, wasn't my hard work ruined by his ridiculous godmodding?

Obviously you didn't read the full thread.
Barnwood

Postby Cold » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:58 pm

Aside from the first time I faced C-S in Al'Badara, and the war with the communist who thought everybody was a homophobe, Steve was the most fun I've ever had. :P
Cold

Postby Khaler » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:08 pm

Actually Barnwood that was not aimed at you, it was aimed at people whining about your "godmodding". I was there with you in Hutori Civil War and Vascania, and back then people whined about Vascania. A lot.

And the reason I went to play in Sekowo was that I wanted to shoot down the utopia and turn it into Terra's China - a capitalist's production heaven for my and other peoples fictious terran brands. Then some idiots tried to invade the country because of their ooc-grudges against Iori (which were reasonable yes, but bringin it into other people who were playing in Sekowo was not reasonable) and I got pissed. Then the forums went down and the great plan melted down.

The thing is, there are these certain players who think that because they set up a large organisation (*cough* Axis *cough* IML *cough* DTDO *cough* nWo *cough*) they can just say "If you do this and that, 918386286 nations will attack you! It says so in the treaty, man!" Really? If Georgia had been part of NATO during their little conflict with Russia, NO-ONE would have come to their aid. No matter what treaties they have signed, no other signatory nation would have intervened. Fact.
Be on your OLD GUARD, stand firm in the faith!
-1 Selucians 16:13
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby Darvian » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:08 pm

These debate threads are funny. Everyone but the people cited are debating, perhaps that could be the new method since it works so well.
Darvian

Next

Return to Off-topic