If Hitler were alive today...

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Re: If Hitler were alive today...

Postby Khaler » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:17 am

AdJeCtIv3 wrote:Religious shows on most channels on Sunday Morning?

Man, not in my country. This is pretty much the atheist heaven, but still they find time to whine and believe that everyone should be converted into atheists. The only "religious advertisement" are the churches, but they are beautifull buildings, and are interesting in architectural and historical terms.
Be on your OLD GUARD, stand firm in the faith!
-1 Selucians 16:13
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby Molotov » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:00 pm

AdJeCtIv3 wrote:Sorry Molotov, you are the last person I thought would be trolled by this. I will censure myself formally. But uh, yes there is some reflection of what I believe in there. The militancy was tongue in cheek.

Oh you were kidding? Sorry I should have realised, I thought it was an odd post for you.

edit: I think I may be losing my sense of humour because of people on youtube who actually mean the really stupid stuff they say. :(

Khaler wrote:Man, not in my country. This is pretty much the atheist heaven, but still they find time to whine and believe that everyone should be converted into atheists. The only "religious advertisement" are the churches, but they are beautifull buildings, and are interesting in architectural and historical terms.

Don't loads of you lot still believe in Woden and trolls and things? Or am I thinking of Iceland?
Molotov

Postby Amazeroth » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:25 pm

Molotov wrote:
Khaler wrote:Man, not in my country. This is pretty much the atheist heaven, but still they find time to whine and believe that everyone should be converted into atheists. The only "religious advertisement" are the churches, but they are beautifull buildings, and are interesting in architectural and historical terms.

Don't loads of you lot still believe in Woden and trolls and things? Or am I thinking of Iceland?

You're thinking of Iceland. And he's called Odin.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby AdJeCtIv3 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:23 am

Molotov wrote:
AdJeCtIv3 wrote:Sorry Molotov, you are the last person I thought would be trolled by this. I will censure myself formally. But uh, yes there is some reflection of what I believe in there. The militancy was tongue in cheek.

Oh you were kidding? Sorry I should have realised, I thought it was an odd post for you.

Only partially, but I was having a shitty day when I posted that, so my apologies to you as well... It's like I'm not vetting my posts properly since de-modding. /end arrogant prick mode.
I AM NOT A Image ANY MORE!!
AdJeCtIv3

Postby Molotov » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:21 am

Amazeroth wrote:
Molotov wrote:

You're thinking of Iceland. And he's called Odin.

Well yes. Also Woden. It's where 'Wednesday' comes from, Woden's Day. Unless I'm wrong, and Odin and Woden aren't the same chap.
Molotov

Postby Khaler » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:01 am

Molotov wrote:Well yes. Also Woden. It's where 'Wednesday' comes from, Woden's Day. Unless I'm wrong, and Odin and Woden aren't the same chap.

They come from the same earlier god from the early germanic religions, but are the same chap much like allah and god are. And Thursday comes from Thor, Friday comes from Frigg and Tuesday coms from Tyr. Damn, why did we ditch our awesome European gods and replaced them with the arabic one?
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby AngryMollusc » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:12 am

Khaler wrote:
Molotov wrote:Well yes. Also Woden. It's where 'Wednesday' comes from, Woden's Day. Unless I'm wrong, and Odin and Woden aren't the same chap.

They come from the same earlier god from the early germanic religions, but are the same chap much like allah and god are. And Thursday comes from Thor, Friday comes from Frigg and Tuesday coms from Tyr. Damn, why did we ditch our awesome European gods and replaced them with the arabic one?

Well said. Valhalla >>> Heaven.
AngryMollusc

Postby Amazeroth » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:50 pm

Khaler wrote:

You can't really compare the difference between Odin and Woden to Allah and God, if you say Odin or Woden is only a matter of different languages, if you say Allah or God is a matter of different religions.

The names of the weekdays in German are the same: Donnerstag (Thursday) comes from Donar, which is the southern-German name for Thor, Freitag (Fryday) comes from Freia, same as Frigg, and Dienstag (Tuesday) from Ziu, who is the same as Tyr, although in a more complex way (via his Latin name, and it's lower and not higher German). The only exception is Mittwoch (Wednesday) which only means "Middle of the week" and comes from the Christian way of counting the weekdays (beginning with Sunday).

Monday comes from Latin and the Roman godness Luna, Saturday comes from Saturn (German Samstag is a mixture of Saturn's day and Sabbath).

AngryMollusc wrote:Well said. Valhalla >>> Heaven.

But arabic heaven (lots and lots of girls) >>> Valhalla (drinking in order to prepare for your last fight)
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby Khaler » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:04 pm

C'mon, there were great differneces between Nordic and Germanic religions, even though they followed the same "pattern" (same kind of gods). They were different religions.

And god is allah, and allah is god. The religions just have different prophets. We believe in christ, they do not, but they do not deny his importance (Jesus is one of their prophets also, not just son of god) unlike the Jews do. So, basically, Allah is much closer to Our God than the Jewish God is.

Also, it makes no sense for any Christian, Jew or Muslim to think that Allah and God and Jahve is not the same. The other just have wrong interpretation of the same divine god. Believeing that they are all the same just strengthens all three religions, as the amount of believers of this divine god (God/Allah/Jahve) is larger.
Khaler

Postby Amazeroth » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:51 pm

Khaler wrote:C'mon, there were great differneces between Nordic and Germanic religions, even though they followed the same "pattern" (same kind of gods). They were different religions.

And god is allah, and allah is god. The religions just have different prophets. We believe in christ, they do not, but they do not deny his importance (Jesus is one of their prophets also, not just son of god) unlike the Jews do. So, basically, Allah is much closer to Our God than the Jewish God is.

Also, it makes no sense for any Christian, Jew or Muslim to think that Allah and God and Jahve is not the same. The other just have wrong interpretation of the same divine god. Believeing that they are all the same just strengthens all three religions, as the amount of believers of this divine god (God/Allah/Jahve) is larger.

The differences between Nordic and Germanic religions are so small, that it is even hard to distinguish between these religions, and most scientists wouldn't speak of a Germanic or Nordic religion at all, simply because there wasn't anything that could be called "nordic religion" as opposed to a "germanic religion". The nordic beliefs were part of the Germanic belief (Germanic not meaning "people of Germany" but more like all the people who speak Germanic languages - Scandinavians, Germans (and Austrians and Swiss) and Britons (not the celtic ones of course)), which of course varied regionally, but was never conceived as a comprehensive religion (which is mostly the case in polytheist religions) but an assembly of different faiths to a rather loosely defined background. So differences between "Woden" or "Odin" or "Wotan" could have been there, but they wouldn't be defined by which one of the possible names you'd use to call them.

There is no real distincion between Allah and Jahve and God (Father, not Son or Holy Spirit). What I meant was that while the difference between Odin and Woden would be that the people believing in them would come from different regions, but mostly share the same religion, the difference between Allah and God would not only be that the people believing in them would mostly come from different regions (which is less and less the case), but would also mean that these people have a very different outlook on the rest of their religions, beginning with the Christians believing in trinity - one substance (God) but three persons (Son, Father, Holy Spirit), the believ that God himself became human to rescue us from our sins, and so forth.
Amazeroth

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic