Mikhail Gorbachev: West needs Perestroika

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Mikhail Gorbachev: West needs Perestroika

Postby HeadAroundU » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:14 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01966.html
"The model that emerged during the final decades of the 20th century has turned out to be unsustainable. It was based on a drive for super-profits and hyper-consumption for a few, on unrestrained exploitation of resources and on social and environmental irresponsibility." !!! <3

Or is Obama enough? Will he support it? What if Republicans come back? When the west will change?

Soon enough the world will have 9 000 000 000 people. How the f*ck are we gonna live?
Yours baby H4U, BBS celebrity since 2004.
HeadAroundU

Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: West needs Perestroika

Postby GreekIdiot » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:19 pm

Kill that guy. He fucked up the Soviets he now comes to bring light to the Western world. Jesus.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Aethers » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:27 pm

I think he makes some good points, but does he have any ideas for solutions? American politicians have been calling for change for years. Sticking a new term on it might serve to highlight the need, but absent concrete proposals I don't think it'll move that change forward.
Iqembu Sokusebenzisana Yeningi (Coalition for Democracy) in Ibutho Izulu
Mugenkai in the Imperial Federation of Sekowo (inactive)
Community Communist Congress in the Republic of Ikradon (obsolete)
Cosmopolitan Unity Party in the Republic of Sogona (P2, RIP)
Aethers

Postby AdJeCtIv3 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:37 pm

"In the West, the breakup of the Soviet Union was viewed as a total victory that proved that the West did not need to change. Western leaders were convinced that they were at the helm of the right system and of a well-functioning, almost perfect economic model. Scholars opined that history had ended. The "Washington Consensus," the dogma of free markets, deregulation and balanced budgets at any cost, was force-fed to the rest of the world. "

Truer words were never said.
I AM NOT A Image ANY MORE!!
AdJeCtIv3

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:10 am

AdJeCtIv3 wrote:Western leaders were convinced that they were at the helm of the right system and of a well-functioning, almost perfect economic model.

Have Western leaders or for that matter that lame ranting dog Gorbachev forgotten about 1929, Great Depression? Surely, I keep thinking that if the world was able to survive that era, then why can it not today?
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Khaler » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:42 am

George S.K wrote:
Have Western leaders or for that matter that lame ranting dog Gorbachev forgotten about 1929, Great Depression? Surely, I keep thinking that if the world was able to survive that era, then why can it not today?

There was also recession in the early 90's, but world survived that one too.
Be on your OLD GUARD, stand firm in the faith!
-1 Selucians 16:13
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby Molotov » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:51 am

Gorbachev is spot on, he's a very clever man. Also honest. Possibly the only honest Russian in existence, and he and Churchill were the only honest world leaders since Gladstone.
Molotov

Postby Chazza » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:50 am

AdJeCtIv3 wrote:"In the West, the breakup of the Soviet Union was viewed as a total victory that proved that the West did not need to change. Western leaders were convinced that they were at the helm of the right system and of a well-functioning, almost perfect economic model. Scholars opined that history had ended. The "Washington Consensus," the dogma of free markets, deregulation and balanced budgets at any cost, was force-fed to the rest of the world. "

Indeed.

Molotov wrote:Gorbachev is spot on, he's a very clever man. Also honest. Possibly the only honest Russian in existence, and he and Churchill were the only honest world leaders since Gladstone.

Churchill was a racist prick, he can fuck right off... well I guess he was honest about that at least.
Last edited by Chazza on Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chazza

Postby Mr.Yankees » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:13 am

HeadAroundU wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/05/AR2009060501966.html
"The model that emerged during the final decades of the 20th century has turned out to be unsustainable. It was based on a drive for super-profits and hyper-consumption for a few, on unrestrained exploitation of resources and on social and environmental irresponsibility." !!! <3

Or is Obama enough? Will he support it? What if Republicans come back? When the west will change?

Soon enough the world will have 9 000 000 000 people. How the f*ck are we gonna live?

I will answer truthfully and from the bottom of my heart: The West, especially the United States, does not need reform. Some changes here and there are necessary to better assimilate to the constantly changing world but that's about it. And criticize "the West" all you want, I don't care. I am successful and have a good life; and that's enough for me.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:33 pm

Mr.Yankees wrote:I am successful and have a good life; and that's enough for me.

This has actually made me laugh. I totally agree and understand that attitude. It's my goal of life.

Gorbachev is a fucking loser. I can only think of him as a man who tears apart the east with a perestroika to make it western in all round terms and then comes to suggest having a perestroika for the west. Is he stupid or what/ The question that pops into my mind is why the hell did he fuck the Soviet Union if he ultimately doesn't like the west's attitude? I mean it's ridiculous. I'm totally against what he says and although I do not live in the West, I am able to enjoy a mere speculation of it in Greece, and I actually like it and I am 1000% in accordance with Yankees' saying there.

Weird though. Never imagine I'd agree with ya Yank. This means you are greedy and power hungry. :P
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Next

Return to Off-topic