Does Satan Exist?

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Does Satan Exist?

Postby PresMusharraf » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:41 pm

Yes? No? Thoughts? Some believe Satan is God, others that there is only God, some don't believe in either. So it begs the question: Is there an evil who wishes for our ultimate doom?
Hobrazi Union - Hobrazia (Inactive)
Luterani Útocný Strany - Deltaria (Active)
Lutherans of Keymon - Keymon (Inactive)
Corrupt Dealings Party - Baltusia/Kabushika/Celestia (Inactive)
I miss banners.
PresMusharraf

Re: Does Satan Exist?

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:42 pm

Don't worry. Charmed Ones will vanquish the Source.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Khaler » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:14 pm

I don't know, so I can say for sure that he/she/it exists, but I can't deny it either. But most likely Satan does not exist.
Be on your OLD GUARD, stand firm in the faith!
-1 Selucians 16:13
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby Opakidabar » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:50 pm

There is definitely a deity for underworld. Someone has to take care of my velis.
Opakidabar

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:36 pm

Velis?
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Molotov » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:14 am

No.

Of this order I am made one,
From Mankind to guard this place
That through their Guilt they have foregone
For they have forfeited His Grace;
Therefore all this must they shun
Or else my Sword they shall embrace
And myself will be their Foe
To flame them in the face.

-The Fourth Angel

I may be wrong, I am neither a theologian nor particularly well read but:

Lucifer (the Angel, first of God's host, Lord of the Morning), I think, exists, and indeed betrayed God because of Lucifer's compassion and poor judgement. His punishment was that he be King of Earth and witness and bear all the evil in existence (Lucifer betrayed God because he thought Him unjust). The serpent (associated with Lucifer, or the Devil in mediaeval writings) was invented by Man (this is just my opinion, and as far as I know it might be heresy), to absolve the sin of his forebears. It is slightly less of an evil to be instructed by another in a bad deed, than to do so all by oneself. I think the Devil is what Man is capable of. He is the freedom of choice, which only God and Man has, and the terrible things that may result from that freedom, and I think we invented him to excuse ourselves our sin. The Lord God gave us the gift of free will, and we made the Devil to excuse what we have done with it.

(This opinion is probably heresy, and the thing is I've gained it by having read translated pre-Torah Jewish texts and many other things apart from the Bible, and the stories we grew up with. I'm probably in the wrong for thinking it, but I believe in God and I believe God is more than 'love'. I think we ought to educate ourselves about our faith, we ought to read what was written before and observe what happens now and never accept without thought the words of the few. It worries me, because in doing so (as far as many Christians are concerned, the Catholics, those bloody awful American evangelicals), I am probably a heretic. I may have already fallen for the Socinian heresy. I think, though, that if I serve God, why shouldn't I know Him?)
Molotov

Postby Chazza » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:52 am

Ha! Molotov I remember when I joined this forum you were arguing world revolution was possible and now you argue in favour of God and UKIP, how things change...
Chazza

Postby Khaler » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:52 am

Chazza wrote:Ha! Molotov I remember when I joined this forum you were arguing world revolution was possible and now you argue in favour of God and UKIP, how things change...

Damn lot can happen in 2 months... :P

But people grow up. First they are naive (-14?), then they turn into radicals(15-19?), then they become idealists(20+), after that they just don't give a shit(30+) and in the end they become realists(45+).

It is not uncommon to get stuck in one phase though. Some are naive their entire lives, some are idealists, some never turn into realists. And before that mercedes-driving, guantanomo and torture supporting, patriot act loving Political Scientist get's here to brag, I say in advance: No, you are not a realist, sorry.

Me? I'm still idealist, but there are already signs of not giving a shit showing up.
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby Chazza » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Khaler wrote:
Chazza wrote:Ha! Molotov I remember when I joined this forum you were arguing world revolution was possible and now you argue in favour of God and UKIP, how things change...

More like two years, I'm talking old forum here.
Chazza

Postby Khaler » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:56 pm

Chazza wrote:
Khaler wrote:

More like two years, I'm talking old forum here.

Yes, I got that.
Khaler

Next

Return to Off-topic