Particracy Player Profiles

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Re: Particracy Player Profiles

Postby Freelancer » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:08 pm

George S.K wrote:
Freelancer wrote:Nothing much to give, but since Khaler give his military career then I might as well give mine as well. Thai Army Reserve Force Students Grade 3, achieved a rank of Sergeant, and are completely exempt from conscription which is the only great thing about being one.

A friend of mine lives somewhere there near, Singapore I think (if I am geographically correct :lol: ), and he says the army is very tough and restrictive. Is that true?

Singapore is to the south and yeah, it's near. :P (Wow, one point to George!)

Tough, I would like to think it is, but it's just me being bias because I hate it. XD Seriously, it's not that tough if you are taking my course. We only learn military stuff once every week (Military Discipline, Battle Strategy, Type and Specification of Weapons, Communication) and only have to get one week of bootcamp training for the whole 3 years of lessons so nothing really that tough.

For conscript though, it's defenitely tough. I believe the first 3-6 months will be with no leave and constant drill-training, but I think it's normal for every conscript army to be a bit tough on members.

I'm not sure what you means by restrictive though....
Freelancer

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:16 pm

Thanks for the point, lol.

I don't know either. You see, this friend of mine is very..."liberal" as a character and is having great problems with the military. Detentions and shit. He's says it's very tough and he's now forced to take psychological sessions to combat his recent anxiety problem. He;s been there for less than a six-month period...dunno how he will stand for the rest of the time, but I am convinced that whatever the army, you do get used to it. That's what i believe and said to him anyway.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Freelancer » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:30 pm

Detention? Military done that during 2006 Coup, but nothing recently.

Foriegners have almost nothing to worry about, as long as you don't insult the Royal Family then it is unlikely that they will have any reason to vanish you from Thailand. Unlike the image we try to give foreigners in Thailand so that they would be scared of military abducting them when they go out to bar and they will take us with them. :P

This friend of your is living in Thailand right now? We are having protest in Bangkok and if he live here then he should try to avoid going out unless necessary. It is not violent, but better be safe.
Freelancer

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:51 pm

No he lives in that place that gave me the point, Singapore. But I guess all systems are kind of similar in that part of the world.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby AdJeCtIv3 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:07 am

Cold wrote:Nah, I'm a guy, it's a French name. ;) And, very few girls play any online games. I think the only one that ever came to Particracy and told us about it was the TPD.

There's been a few, very few. There was an Irish girl, there was another one in the UK who was rather concerned with gay rights if memory serves, and there has been the odd sprinkling of fly-by-nighters. I would also suggest there could possibly be a few women on here playing who don't identify as such.

But as someone else lamented, particracy is a sausage fest.
I AM NOT A Image ANY MORE!!
AdJeCtIv3

Postby Darvian » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:12 am

AdJeCtIv3 wrote:There's been a few, very few. There was an Irish girl, there was another one in the UK who was rather concerned with gay rights if memory serves, and there has been the odd sprinkling of fly-by-nighters. I would also suggest there could possibly be a few women on here playing who don't identify as such.

But as someone else lamented, particracy is a sausage fest.

Which explains why most of what goes on here is just a pissing contest. . . :lol:
Darvian

Postby GreekIdiot » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:43 am

Bah...that's nasty.

TPD was also a...female player, no?
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby AdJeCtIv3 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:54 am

George S.K wrote:Bah...that's nasty.

TPD was also a...female player, no?

TPD is, yes.
I AM NOT A Image ANY MORE!!
AdJeCtIv3

Postby JuliaAJA » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:51 am

Freelancer wrote:
JosephJ wrote:
Jessaveryja wrote:I used to play eRepublik and Cybernations.

It shows.

Too true.....

What are you talking about?
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Chazza » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:44 am

Party Name and Nation: Don't actually play the game at the moment.
General Location: London/Sheffield.
General Political Affiliation: Autonomous
General Religious Affiliation: Ambivalent. Don't know, don't care, there are much more important issues to be concerned with.
Professional Goal/Current Occupation: Student at Sheffield University. Current goal, this; http://www.seat61.com/India-overland.htm#Route%20map
Favorite genre of music: A strange mix of of 2step and bluegrass... this genre doesn't actually exist yet.
Level of School: Degree.
NationStates Nation Name: God that takes me back...
Other information: Nothing really.
Last edited by Chazza on Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chazza

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic