Absolute, disgusting, nervebraking filth

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Absolute, disgusting, nervebraking filth

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:41 pm

I honestly don't know what got into me. Thank goodness the policeman was lenient or perhaps was frustrated as I was.

Here's the situation. We're walking down a very congested street and while we look around the shops to find something I suddenly notice an old, rather dirty, gypsy like couple ahead. Suddenly, the old, toothless man grabs the woman from the face and pushes her. She can't hold to anything and falls very clumsily down the sidewalk and with her head crushing down the road. The man's hat fell and I saw his utter ugliness. Anyway, I give the bags to my mother and headed down to help the lying woman (who was barking ughs all over the place - she was as filthy as her idiotic husband of hers). Simultaneously a car stopped nearby and several men ran down to help her as well. A doctor checked her chest while a policeman left his car in the middle of the road and came to the scene as well. While they were discussing what to do with woman, whether to take her to the hospital, if she hit her head and everything, the policeman, completely unaware of the situation, approached the old filthy man and asked him what happened. During this whole after-fall scene that disgusting creature was standing there, looking confused and rather regretful. Apparently no one else had seen what had happened really. One of the folks around asked the man if that was his wife and when he replied an anxious "yes" i felt overwhelmed by a feeling to crush his skull and beat the freaking shit out of him. I stood up and although I vaguely remember what happened next, I think I grabbed his sweaty neck with my left and punched his fucking toothless mouth with my right. Damn it felt so good and liberating. The policeman, probably, dunno who it was, grabbed me and pulled me away, but no one helped the old man, and that was truly pleasurably to me.

The man then asked me what had happened and I probably said while spitting that the man had pushed the woman down. Dunno what had gotten into me but the ferocity and filthiness of the man pushing the woman so violently seemed to have stayed in my head. I honestly, even now, several hours later, can't erase the scene from my head. The woman fell so hopelessly there and seemed to have hit her head and that jackass stood there, after pushing his wife, i mean come on! Fucking gypsies and uneducated dorks. I mean she is a fucking human being. But I do have to say that probably and most likely the thing that triggered me into doing what I did was the scene. I saw it directly the moment he pushed her, and it seemed to me like where the fuck was humanity. Dunno if you guys understand me, but it was terrible. I would beat that shit if no one stopped me, I think.

The weird thing is the cop left me and they then tried to raise the woman into a car and take her to the hospital. Dunno what happened next because left but god I'm still frustrated about it. But certainly it felt good punching him.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Re: Absolute, disgusting, nervebraking filth

Postby Khaler » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Damn, it seems your need for vigilantism is there in the real life also.

But you did the right thing, though. And it seems lawenforcement there has more values also. Here they would have busted you and you would be paying fines to the ugly gypsie.
Be on your OLD GUARD, stand firm in the faith!
-1 Selucians 16:13
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby Xanathos » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:20 pm

According to your description of the scene, that guy deserved it, so, no criticism here.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Sam » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:23 pm

Indeed. You did the right thing.
"The FSB finally caught him for talking shit about replacing Putin with this "Saiser" character. I'm guessing they're up to his seventh toenail by now."
- Dynastia on jethro
Sam

Postby Mr.Yankees » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:31 pm

George, maybe the guy deserved it (and it sounds like he did) but you did a very stupid thing. You don't know whether he is carrying a gun or a knife and chooses to shoot you or stab you for hitting him. You also did it in front of a police officer. If you had done it in the United States, I can assure you that your ass would be thrown in jail.

Doing the "right" thing does not mean it was the smart thing to do. I'll give you a tip: Don't care about what happens around you. It will happen, it will keep happening no matter what. Before anyone starts criticizing me, this is my philosophy and it's not up for debate (at least not with me).
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Darvian » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Well done George. I wasn't there obviously so I can't even with sincerity say what I would or wouldn't have done. I do know that despite Mr. Yankee's objections I will not stand by and watch a man beat on a woman or mistreat her physically. If I see it, I will invite myself into the exchange quite unilaterally (Very American of me, I know.) A man should not be physically violent with a woman-period. Some say it's a double-standard, fine by me. I'm all for equal rights but, the reality is there are many a women in horrible abusive relationships with ogres of partners. Psychologists love writing about what I call Dumb-Dog Syndrome (keep feeding the dog, no matter how mean to it you are; it'll come back.) And while I acknowledge if I see a scene in public and intervene, it isn't my job to do that. It's just a matter of doing what is right. And Yanks, I don't mean to have a go at your philosophy but, it's got some major moral holes in it. 'Don't care about what happens around you.' I can't think of a more immoral position to take in all sincerity. I could draw this to extremes but, I won't.
Darvian

Postby Jay (LDP) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:59 am

In Melbourne a year or so ago there was a woman being assaulted by a man. Two other men went to her aid. Both ended up being shot. One (a Dutch backpacker) just survived, the other died. This situation is one of three similar situations I can think of in Melbourne alone in the past 12 or so months.

Whilst I'd love to be able to say I'd go to a persons aid, I really don't think I would. It is most definitely the honourable and moral thing to do, but the risks associated with it are often too high and, well, i'm a selfish person - I don't really want to die, yet.

I'm sort of half and half with Yanks here. George, you did the right thing and it is most definitely something I would never condemn, but at the same time it had potential to be a fatal decision.
Particracy Game Moderator

Vanukese Conservatieven
Jay (LDP)

Postby JuliaAJA » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:14 am

Good job, George.

In Las Vegas, that man might have been shot, the cops here love to shoot people. If the man had something in his pocket, a LVMPD cop would have blown him to pieces.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby GreekIdiot » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:14 am

He was half my height and his face betrayed nothing but stupidity and fear. You guys are right about personal safety, but he didn't seem to me that he was carrying a weapon of some sort. Yankees trust me, if you are an intelligent human being with morals, after seeing the scene, you would have to do something.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Mr.Yankees » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:09 am

Darvian wrote:Well done George. I wasn't there obviously so I can't even with sincerity say what I would or wouldn't have done. I do know that despite Mr. Yankee's objections I will not stand by and watch a man beat on a woman or mistreat her physically. If I see it, I will invite myself into the exchange quite unilaterally (Very American of me, I know.) A man should not be physically violent with a woman-period. Some say it's a double-standard, fine by me. I'm all for equal rights but, the reality is there are many a women in horrible abusive relationships with ogres of partners. Psychologists love writing about what I call Dumb-Dog Syndrome (keep feeding the dog, no matter how mean to it you are; it'll come back.) And while I acknowledge if I see a scene in public and intervene, it isn't my job to do that. It's just a matter of doing what is right. And Yanks, I don't mean to have a go at your philosophy but, it's got some major moral holes in it. 'Don't care about what happens around you.' I can't think of a more immoral position to take in all sincerity. I could draw this to extremes but, I won't.

Darvian, to make my position much clearer, I'll add this part: "...as long as it doesn't affect you." So, I'll go like this: Don't care about what happens around you as long as it doesn't affect you.

Jessaveryja wrote:Good job, George.

In Las Vegas, that man might have been shot, the cops here love to shoot people. If the man had something in his pocket, a LVMPD cop would have blown him to pieces.

I know you live in Las Vegas and everything and I won't argue with a local; however, I think you are exaggerating a little bit. I can see them tasering the bastards but not shooting them just like that. But again, I don't live there (Thank God!).

George S.K wrote:He was half my height and his face betrayed nothing but stupidity and fear. You guys are right about personal safety, but he didn't seem to me that he was carrying a weapon of some sort. Yankees trust me, if you are an intelligent human being with morals, after seeing the scene, you would have to do something.

When have you seen a politician with morals? Intelligent, yes but with morals...well, I'll leave that to your imagination. ;)
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Next

Return to Off-topic