An invention we need

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

An invention we need

Postby Molotov » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:40 am

Some kind of breathalyser attached to your computer that stops you going on the internet when drunk. I thought it might be a good idea for mobile phones too but that would strand loads of people without a taxi after an evening enjoying life's pleasures. I'm been trying to work out a way to block myself from Particracy unless I'm sober for ages, my current idea is some sort of cryptic password based on crossword clues that I won't be able to work out when I'm drunk, but I've no way of knowing whether I'll remember the answer or not. (Which is what I did the other night when I decided to leave, I changed my password to gobbledegook that I wouldn't be able to remember. Unfortunately I forgot that Particracy emails you a new password if you forget it ;))

Any ideas for useful inventions we haven't yet got?
Molotov

Re: An invention we need

Postby JuliaAJA » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:30 am

I think they have invented a test of some sort for text messaging. They need to invent a laptop computer that does not heat up as much.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Molotov » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:36 am

Yeah definitely, mine turns itself off all the time. Why do laptops overheat so much, small fans?
Molotov

Postby JuliaAJA » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:53 am

This one also does that, unless you suspend it over something, while making sure the things holding it up don't touch hot areas. Small fans and small cases, that's why I don't like laptops. I'd rather have a portable desktop, more room for the heat to dissipate, more power, and cheaper. The one I'm on now, it's fan isn't even working. (I'm rarely on this laptop, I'm usually on a desktop provided by my school.)
JuliaAJA

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:54 am

Jessaveryja wrote:This one also does that, unless you suspend it over something, while making sure the things holding it up don't touch hot areas. Small fans and small cases, that's why I don't like laptops. I'd rather have a portable desktop, more room for the heat to dissipate, more power, and cheaper. The one I'm on now, it's fan isn't even working. (I'm rarely on this laptop, I'm usually on a desktop provided by my school.)

Hmm, I did not know schools provided students with computers to take home. Is it a private school?
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby JuliaAJA » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:17 am

Mr.Yankees wrote:
Jessaveryja wrote:This one also does that, unless you suspend it over something, while making sure the things holding it up don't touch hot areas. Small fans and small cases, that's why I don't like laptops. I'd rather have a portable desktop, more room for the heat to dissipate, more power, and cheaper. The one I'm on now, it's fan isn't even working. (I'm rarely on this laptop, I'm usually on a desktop provided by my school.)

Hmm, I did not know schools provided students with computers to take home. Is it a private school?

It's a charter school, most of my work is supposedly on-line. They send an HP business computer (a cheap one), an HP printer, microphone (doesn't work that well), headphones (didn't last a month), a library of textbooks, and some festive boxes with different supplies.
JuliaAJA

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:45 am

Jessaveryja wrote:
Mr.Yankees wrote:

It's a charter school, most of my work is supposedly on-line. They send an HP business computer (a cheap one), an HP printer, microphone (doesn't work that well), headphones (didn't last a month), a library of textbooks, and some festive boxes with different supplies.

Do you like that method of education? I am personally not a big fan of online education. I do think that the interaction with a lecturer enriches your education but that's just me, you know.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby JuliaAJA » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:32 am

Mr.Yankees wrote:Do you like that method of education? I am personally not a big fan of online education. I do think that the interaction with a lecturer enriches your education but that's just me, you know.

I like it, but next year I'm going to a magnet school that specializes in Law and Political Science. My sister's fiancee works there, all he knows of what he teaches is what he reads out of the textbook.
JuliaAJA

Postby elryacko » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:32 am

It was in an xkcd comic: something that repeats back to you your youtube comments before posting them. Just so they know how dumb they sound on youtube.

Don't Panic
elryacko

Postby Jay (LDP) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:44 am

Molotov wrote:Some kind of breathalyser attached to your computer that stops you going on the internet when drunk. I thought it might be a good idea for mobile phones too but that would strand loads of people without a taxi after an evening enjoying life's pleasures. I'm been trying to work out a way to block myself from Particracy unless I'm sober for ages, my current idea is some sort of cryptic password based on crossword clues that I won't be able to work out when I'm drunk, but I've no way of knowing whether I'll remember the answer or not. (Which is what I did the other night when I decided to leave, I changed my password to gobbledegook that I wouldn't be able to remember. Unfortunately I forgot that Particracy emails you a new password if you forget it ;))

http://www.labnol.org/internet/email/gm ... ghts/4808/

Perhaps Particracy needs to follow that example!
Particracy Game Moderator

Vanukese Conservatieven
Jay (LDP)

Next

Return to Off-topic