Italy is doomed

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Re: Italy is doomed

Postby HeadAroundU » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:59 pm

Hawt uniform. Everybody's gonna be scared of them and the crime will decrease. Very smart. :d

What's up with Berlusconi? Funny guy. I loved it when he said that Obama is just a little bit tanned. :lol:
Yours baby H4U, BBS celebrity since 2004.
HeadAroundU

Postby Darvian » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:56 pm

Molotov wrote:As for being 'hypocritical', I think the American nation and the American government is the most hypocritical in the world and always has been, ever since they founded a nation on immutable liberal ideals and then proceeded to own slaves in the hundreds of thousands.

Sorry Molotov but, this shows a deep lack of knowledge on the 'original sin' that was chattel slavery in America. Seriously, I would not expect such a low-brow estimation coming from you.
Darvian

Postby Molotov » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:10 pm

Darvian wrote:
Molotov wrote:As for being 'hypocritical', I think the American nation and the American government is the most hypocritical in the world and always has been, ever since they founded a nation on immutable liberal ideals and then proceeded to own slaves in the hundreds of thousands.

Sorry Molotov but, this shows a deep lack of knowledge on the 'original sin' that was chattel slavery in America. Seriously, I would not expect such a low-brow estimation coming from you.

Regardless, America is certainly not less hypocritical or less corrupt because of her silly constitution.
Molotov

Postby Darvian » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:20 pm

Molotov wrote:
Darvian wrote:

Regardless, America is certainly not less hypocritical or less corrupt because of her silly constitution.

I'm not sure how an inanimate object can be corrupt. Though America and corruption, I won't deny that. I live in a state which still elects it's judges; this is legal corruption. Make a donation to the judges running in your local counties when their running and watch what happens the first time you have to go appear before on. Oh wait, you usually don't! Trust me, Molotov I'm in a minority even in America on this one but, as long as Ohio keeps up it's legal corruption of electing it's judges I'm taking full advantage of it.
Darvian

Postby Aethers » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:50 pm

As an aside, the theory is that electing judges makes them responsive to the public interest. The Founders never anticipated campaign donations though let alone million-dollar advertising budgets...
Iqembu Sokusebenzisana Yeningi (Coalition for Democracy) in Ibutho Izulu
Mugenkai in the Imperial Federation of Sekowo (inactive)
Community Communist Congress in the Republic of Ikradon (obsolete)
Cosmopolitan Unity Party in the Republic of Sogona (P2, RIP)
Aethers

Postby Molotov » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:28 pm

Which is one of the America's political system is inferior to ours. It was arrogant of the writers of the constitution to think that their values and their ideas should be set in stone and forced upon their successors, they were ignorant of the organic development of society and its extra-human underpinnings. They were like the Bolsheviks in that regard, they thought that there and then, they knew how to make the perfect society. That they failed, and that their prescriptions turned out to be of more harm than benefit makes it clear that their project was a folly, like any other of its kind.
Molotov

Postby Darvian » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:28 pm

Aethers wrote:As an aside, the theory is that electing judges makes them responsive to the public interest. The Founders never anticipated campaign donations though let alone million-dollar advertising budgets...

To take you seriously, I am of two-minds on the issue. I fully see and accept the election of judges as a means to ensure they are more in touch with the people they serve on a county-to-county level. Of course every state has it's little nuisances and then there are the few quaint Commonwealths. Though in general the idea of electing public figures directly especially on local and regional levels and issues is something I'm quite willing to accept. I don't know about other states, but for instance in Ohio local school-boards are elected; not uncommon, however they are done so in a bipartisan manner (no party listed on the ballot.) The issue with Judges and directly-electing them should be the same, in theory.

The problem is, in my view to go to the other side of the argument, Judges are not part of the executive or legislative organs of (edit) of our government. My interpretation of the constitution and understanding of what the Courts purposes are; is to be impartial and exercise jurisprudence without risk of public-opinion. It's a double-edged sword in this respect. Now, I'm a partisan hack and the idea that the current Governor of Ohio could appoint the judges-the thought makes me cringe. Easiest solution to all of this really is to mandate judicial elections are financed publicly and are not allowed to receive donations whatsoever. Of course, it will never happen but, I can be an Armchair General about it, dammit.
Darvian

Postby Darvian » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Molotov wrote:Which is one of the America's political system is inferior to ours. It was arrogant of the writers of the constitution to think that their values and their ideas should be set in stone and forced upon their successors, they were ignorant of the organic development of society and its extra-human underpinnings. They were like the Bolsheviks in that regard, they thought that there and then, they knew how to make the perfect society. That they failed, and that their prescriptions turned out to be of more harm than benefit makes it clear that their project was a folly, like any other of its kind.

While I disagree with about everything you said, I will accept it as an opinion and not snipe at you for this. Though, I am obligated to say that we can change that document. Just wanted to make sure you knew this.
Darvian

Postby Molotov » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:33 pm

Yep, but you're still dictated to by a piece of paper, written by men long dead who have no experience of the world today. The gradual adaptation and reformation of tradition is a better way of ordering society.

I'm not surprised you disagree. Americans are taught that their constitution is somehow sacred. It might have something to do with all the religious nutcases we shipped over there.
Molotov

Postby Darvian » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:46 pm

Hah, I doubt that very much.
Darvian

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic