People who know about internety things:

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Re: People who know about internety things:

Postby elryacko » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:28 am

Molotov wrote:Actually, that would be better.

I was watching Big Brother the other day, and one of the blonde ones was telling another person, confidently, that English was similar to German because of when the Nazis came here during the war. :lol: It would be nice if we could avoid people like that and spambots.

You watch that tripe?

Although the one good thing about the BBC is that you can literally see your tax money at work.

Don't Panic
elryacko

Postby AngryMollusc » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:09 am

elryacko wrote:
Molotov wrote:Actually, that would be better.

I was watching Big Brother the other day, and one of the blonde ones was telling another person, confidently, that English was similar to German because of when the Nazis came here during the war. :lol: It would be nice if we could avoid people like that and spambots.

You watch that tripe?

Although the one good thing about the BBC is that you can literally see your tax money at work.

Well, yes. Mainly because the BBC tends not to show as much crap like Big Brother as the other channels (Channel 4, which is the real waste of tax money, is responsible for that...) :P
AngryMollusc

Postby Molotov » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:37 pm

elryacko wrote:You watch that tripe?

Yep. I'd like to pretend I watch it ironically, that I'm interested in the sociological ramifications of strangers locked in a building together, but to be honest, I quite like a freak show. They are a pretty normal bunch this year though, I suppose I just like being a voyeur. I've only watched one other series, if that makes it any better? The BBC don't make Big Brother btw, elryacko.

AngryMollusc: Channel4 has been responsible for nearly every good comedy in the last two decades: Father Ted, The IT Crowd, The Green Wing, Black Books, Peep Show, Spaced, Skins, and now The Inbetweeners. It's also responsible for making the awesome programmes of Derren Brown, and Wife Swap (er, maybe you don't appreciate the last one, but I probably like it for the same reason as Big Brother.)

Compared that to the BBC's pathetic comedy output. My Family, Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Programme of Crap, Coming of Age, that programme about some kind of mad scientist or something, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, some awful sketch shows (excluding Armstrong and Miller/Mitchell and Webb) and Hyperdrive (which I really liked, but it still was never that hilarious). The BBC ought to sack their Controller of Comedy and replace him with whoever is Controller of Radio Comedy.
Molotov

Postby JuliaAJA » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:44 pm

Molotov wrote:Compared that to the BBC's pathetic comedy output. My Family, Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Programme of Crap, Coming of Age, that programme about some kind of mad scientist or something, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, some awful sketch shows (excluding Armstrong and Miller/Mitchell and Webb) and Hyperdrive (which I really liked, but it still was never that hilarious). The BBC ought to sack their Controller of Comedy and replace him with whoever is Controller of Radio Comedy.

What about the Vicar of Dibley?
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Molotov » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:47 pm

Oh I forgot about that. Still, Channel 4 beats the BBC on television comedy.

edit: I think the BBC made The Mighty Boosh too, but then, that started on the radio. Oh, and Ideal, also Outnumbered and The Royle Family. Still, I think Channel 4 wins on the whole, at least recently.

Heh, actually maybe the BBC wins just because of the Royle Family:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6u0tO9g5eA
Molotov

Postby AngryMollusc » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:27 pm

Molotov wrote:AngryMollusc: Channel4 has been responsible for nearly every good comedy in the last two decades: Father Ted, The IT Crowd, The Green Wing, Black Books, Peep Show, Spaced, Skins, and now The Inbetweeners. It's also responsible for making the awesome programmes of Derren Brown, and Wife Swap (er, maybe you don't appreciate the last one, but I probably like it for the same reason as Big Brother.)

Compared that to the BBC's pathetic comedy output. My Family, Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Programme of Crap, Coming of Age, that programme about some kind of mad scientist or something, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, some awful sketch shows (excluding Armstrong and Miller/Mitchell and Webb) and Hyperdrive (which I really liked, but it still was never that hilarious). The BBC ought to sack their Controller of Comedy and replace him with whoever is Controller of Radio Comedy.

Eh can't argue with that. Mainly because I agree with just about every single point (excluding Wife Swap...).

Ok, comedy excluded, Channel 4 turns out crap :P

Mind you, the BBC hasn't been doing so badly as of late. Yeah, their radio output is still better (Old Harry's Game!), but Outnumbered, Armstong and Miller and Mitchell and Webb were all great. And its not like you have to watch the rest...
AngryMollusc

Postby Molotov » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:04 pm

Not really a big fan of Old Harry's Game. Andy Hamilton is a proper lefty and it shows. It's not bad though.

Elvenquest was awesome though, as was Nebulous, also Thinking the Unthinkable and the Museum of Everything. Gah I have too much time on my hands.
Molotov

Postby Darvian » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:10 pm

No love for Blackadder, Fawlty Towers or more recently the work of Mr. Gervais? Wow.
Darvian

Postby Molotov » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:11 pm

I said the last two decades, and Gervais is a one trick pony.
Molotov

Postby Darvian » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:16 pm

Ah, fair enough. I admit, Gervais on screen is a bit of a one-trick pony. I say get his ass behind a desk and writing with Merchant and things would be better. I'm a fan of his from the XFM days on through the record-breaking podcasts. HBO just signed him and Merchant to animate the podcosts, plus he has a Flanimals cartoon being worked on. His directorial debut is this year too. I admit I'm skeptical but, the premise of the movie seems like a winner and has a great cast. Though, glad you pointed out the twenty-year mark. Damn my age.
Darvian

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic