Signature Policy

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Signature Policy

Postby JosephJ » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:51 pm

4.2.3 Signatures should be used responsibly, with inappropriate uses warranting a Warning.

4.2.3.1 Signatures are limited to 250 characters.

4.2.3.2 Signatures should not exceed 250px in complete height

4.2.3.3 Signatures should not contain images exceeding 150px in height.

4.2.3.4 "Sloganizers" are permitted provided they do not fall foul of other rules.

4.2.3.5 Personal attacks in signatures will result in a warning and a request for them to be changed.

4.2.3.6 Further ignorance to the request may result in stronger sanctions.

4.2.3.7 The Signature Policy can be found at http://www.takeforum.com/particracy/vie ... 146#107146, with the Height Regulations in the centre of http://www.takeforum.com/particracy/vie ... 518#108518.

Ahem.
I WAS A MODERATOR
I WAS NOT VERY GOOD
JosephJ

Re: Signature Policy

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:59 pm

Flash images allowed?

And because I am utterly stupid, is my current sig ok in size etc?
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby AdJeCtIv3 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:09 pm

No George it's too big. I don't see anything about flash/animation. But my sig also violates this *sigh*.

Personally I had plans to revisit this issue and ask it be changed it to 150 x 700 pixels, but rules are rules.

I will rectify my sig in the next 24 hours, and suggest others do the same.

BTW, I think the rule was meant to read "4.2.3.2 Signatures should not exceed 250px in complete width"
I AM NOT A Image ANY MORE!!
AdJeCtIv3

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Damn...too bad. So it seems, could you also resize mine and maintain its flash properties?
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby JosephJ » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:17 pm

George S.K wrote:Flash images allowed?

And because I am utterly stupid, is my current sig ok in size etc?

I believe you mean animated GIFs; yes, they're allowed. On this matter, though, the new forum adds in Flash file capabilities, so I'll address that now.

Flash files are allowed, as long as they are of the suitable size (same height restriction as images) and they don't both a) automatically start playing and b) have audio attached.

For reference, this is how, say, a YouTube video would look like with a 191x150 frame:

In case you're wondering, here's the same thing in a 300x25 size - so, essentially, the video is cut out.

All this said, I'd rather people didn't go linking willy-nilly to YouTube videos in their signatures. There's no explicit rule against it, or about it, yet, but exercise sensibility, people. I don't expect to see an entire playlist of links in signatures.

AdJeCtIv3 wrote:No George it's too big. I don't see anything about flash/animation. But my sig also violates this *sigh*.

Personally I had plans to revisit this issue and ask it be changed it to 150 x 700 pixels, but rules are rules.

I will rectify my sig in the next 24 hours, and suggest others do the same.

BTW, I think the rule was meant to read "4.2.3.2 Signatures should not exceed 250px in complete width"

No, I believe it was in fact height. Your sig is fine, and so is George's. The easy way to tell if X image is too big is to load it up in Paint, and pull very slightly on any of the resizing handles - if the second number is bigger than 150px, it's too big.
I WAS A MODERATOR
I WAS NOT VERY GOOD
JosephJ

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:23 pm

If the number was specified for the height then you are right, both Adjective's and mine are ok. My sig's height is about 119, I checked in paint, as you said.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby JosephJ » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:36 pm

George S.K wrote:If the number was specified for the height then you are right, both Adjective's and mine are ok. My sig's height is about 119, I checked in paint, as you said.

Correct. I should also mention that another good tip is, if you're using Firefox (and probably this is the same in most other browsers), you can just right-click on the image and select View Image, or something similar, to open the image up. The bar at the top will tell you the image's dimensions.
I WAS A MODERATOR
I WAS NOT VERY GOOD
JosephJ

Postby AdJeCtIv3 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:10 pm

Although I'm damn happy that I wont have to remove my sig, I just don't quite get this

"4.2.3.2 Signatures should not exceed 250px in complete height

4.2.3.3 Signatures should not contain images exceeding 150px in height."

It seems that we have rules for governing the height, and they are both different, and nothing governing length. I was making an assumption that this was a mistake in the original Pax Cynica.

JJ can you shed light on what the difference is here between the two rules I have mentioned ?
I AM NOT A Image ANY MORE!!
AdJeCtIv3

Postby Weswammy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:16 pm

I may be of assistance with my marvelous rule interpreting skills.

I believe that these are not contradictory, as a single image may not be more than 150px tall, but a group of more than one image(or text) may not exceed 250px.

As an example: Let's say Georgie Pordgie has a signature that is in total 250pxs in height. He has one image that is 100px in height, another that is 90px in height, and some text that is 60px in height. He is within the bounds of this rule. Jorgei Jenkins, on the other hand, has just one image that is 160px in height. While he isn't breaking the rule that the total signature cannot be more than 250px(4.2.3.2), he has an image that breaks section 4.2.3.3 by being over 150px tall.
Your score pegs you as economically extremely capitalist and socially moderately libertarian.
http://www.goldengiven.net/polimatrix/
Party:
http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=11693
Weswammy

Postby JosephJ » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:26 pm

Weswammy wrote:I may be of assistance with my marvelous rule interpreting skills.

I believe that these are not contradictory, as a single image may not be more than 150px tall, but a group of more than one image(or text) may not exceed 250px.

As an example: Let's say Georgie Pordgie has a signature that is in total 250pxs in height. He has one image that is 100px in height, another that is 90px in height, and some text that is 60px in height. He is within the bounds of this rule. Jorgei Jenkins, on the other hand, has just one image that is 160px in height. While he isn't breaking the rule that the total signature cannot be more than 250px(4.2.3.2), he has an image that breaks section 4.2.3.3 by being over 150px tall.

Bingo.
I WAS A MODERATOR
I WAS NOT VERY GOOD
JosephJ

Next

Return to Off-topic