Signature Policy

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Re: Signature Policy

Postby AdJeCtIv3 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:32 pm

Ok, it's clear to me now. Thanks to you both.
I AM NOT A Image ANY MORE!!
AdJeCtIv3

Postby IdioC » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:33 pm

I can confirm Weswammy's interpretation to be the one intended back then. It was to prevent people using large images and spooling a lot of quotations/prose/balls underneath it, whilst letting people still do one or the other. There was a time where threads were becoming all signatures and no content, which made it a pain in the backside to read.
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby Khaler » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:35 am

I propose animated signatures should be banned. They are annoying and makes reading the forums more difficult for the eye.

If not, I might introduce my flashing red-green-yellow-blue migrene machine sig.
Be on your OLD GUARD, stand firm in the faith!
-1 Selucians 16:13
Khaler

Location: Great Democratic Republic of Khaleristan, a member of the caring and loving Russian Federation!

Postby IdioC » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:30 pm

Small animated ones aren't that much of a problem but I agree that with animation catching the eye as you're trying to read larger ones might be a problem for some people. If it gets tetchy, perhaps compromise on a further size limit for animations but. Wouldn't recommend retaliating though.

I've personally never really had a problem with it.
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:48 pm

Come on, please don't. :)
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Molotov » Sat May 02, 2009 10:18 pm

I'm gutted we can't have animated avatars. Bang goes my marching hammers.
Molotov

Postby AdJeCtIv3 » Sun May 03, 2009 2:02 am

Your marching hammers are an institution. As for animated sigs, considering I'm the only one that makes them .. I actually think a smaller size than a static sig is a good idea. Perhaps a total pixels size as opposed to dimensions could be a good yardstick.
I AM NOT A Image ANY MORE!!
AdJeCtIv3

Postby JosephJ » Sun May 03, 2009 12:55 pm

AdJeCtIv3 wrote:Your marching hammers are an institution. As for animated sigs, considering I'm the only one that makes them .. I actually think a smaller size than a static sig is a good idea. Perhaps a total pixels size as opposed to dimensions could be a good yardstick.

Presuming we're still talking about signatures, I'd have to disagree. The problem with the signatures is height; width isn't relevant, particularly as the page simply cuts off part of the sig if it's too big, but height doesn't have that same luxury; very, very high (or 'long') signatures mean more of the page is taken up by signatures, and more scrolling (and more searching) is needed to find posts.
I WAS A MODERATOR
I WAS NOT VERY GOOD
JosephJ

Previous

Return to Off-topic