Eurovision

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Re: Eurovision

Postby EgeDoruk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:00 pm

Humperdinck's song was great but 2012 had their slow ballads (Albania and Estonia) so Humperdinck seemed too old and not fancy. I love total eclipse of the heart but you are right, this might get another nul point for UK but to be fair every single song I heard for this years contest sucks. Before anybody write I don't like Eurovision or It is all about politics and diaspora vote than please STFU, we all know you feelings very well and if you don't like Eurovision just don't look at it or reply it because I don't want this to be filled with how you hate Eurovision.
''I never dared to be radical when young
For fear it would make me conservative when old.''
Robert Frost

EgeDoruk

Postby EgeDoruk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:12 pm

J94CK wrote:I find it frustrating that the UK - the country with by far the best singers in Europe, even the world - always enters a crap singer in Eurovision just because the BBC wouldn't be able to fund us hosting it.

To be fair last year, with the exceptions of Sweden, Cyprus, and Romania (in my opinion), the entries were pretty poor.
I haven't heard any of the 2013 songs except the UK's, but if they're anything like the UK's song its going to be a poor competition. :lol:

From 2:14... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MznLiNSKKSQ :lol:

Many of them were mediocre but at least they were listenable but this years song are pretty bad IMHU. On Albania's song it was a love or hate song and I loved it. Do you remember Ukraine's Dancing Lasha Tumbai, that was hilarious :lol:
Robert Frost

EgeDoruk

Postby EgeDoruk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:18 pm

I love Swedish schlager, Eric Saade and Carola were great, Malena Ernman was not bad and Charlotte Perrelli was fine but this year even Swedish song sucks :(
Robert Frost

EgeDoruk

Postby EgeDoruk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:37 pm

J94CK wrote:This is one of my favourites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqE69feyEOU

Iceland is the most unlucky country in the Europe in terms of ESC songs.This song would sweep all of the votes in every single contest in this decade except 2009, Yohanna deserved to win, her song was better than Rybak's song.Even in Turkey, this song was very popular,Turkish people don't likes Eurovision a lot.
Robert Frost

EgeDoruk

Postby EgeDoruk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:39 pm

One of the most underrated song in ESC history : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siT8O6bSf4g
Robert Frost

EgeDoruk

Postby EgeDoruk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:01 pm

Do you remember their first run(loved the granny): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXJB92mJlc

Also I loved this too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... P49Ib8n4Bc
Robert Frost

EgeDoruk

Postby SelucianCrusader » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:55 pm

EgeDoruk wrote:I love Swedish schlager, Eric Saade and Carola were great, Malena Ernman was not bad and Charlotte Perrelli was fine but this year even Swedish song sucks :(

The Swedish song wasn't even democratically chosen. The jury has half of the votes, and this time tipped the balance in favour of the runner-up. The people gave by far the most votes to this guy:

The jury did it because they are xenophobes and do not appreciate Japanese Visual Kei.* :x
*or that they realised that Japanese glam rock wouldn't be a success, but then, would a totally bland and dull song like "You"?

I miss Lena Meyer-Landrut. She was so mysteriously seductive. Though my favourite ESC was the one when Lordi won, such an awesome moment to behold. :)
SelucianCrusader

Postby EgeDoruk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:08 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:
EgeDoruk wrote:I love Swedish schlager, Eric Saade and Carola were great, Malena Ernman was not bad and Charlotte Perrelli was fine but this year even Swedish song sucks :(

The Swedish song wasn't even democratically chosen. The jury has half of the votes, and this time tipped the balance in favour of the runner-up. The people gave by far the most votes to this guy:

The jury did it because they are xenophobes and do not appreciate Japanese Visual Kei.* :x
*or that they realised that Japanese glam rock wouldn't be a success, but then, would a totally bland and dull song like "You"?

I miss Lena Meyer-Landrut. She was so mysteriously seductive. Though my favourite ESC was the one when Lordi won, such an awesome moment to behold. :)

''Heartbreak Hotel'' was better than ''You''
Lena was great both ''Satellite'' and ''Taken by a Stranger''
is great, but Satellite was more childish side of Lena but Taken by a Stranger was the grown up side of Lena but Dancing Condoms were meaningless.
Robert Frost

EgeDoruk

Postby JuliaAJA » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:08 pm

Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Hrafn » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:22 pm

Last edited by Hrafn on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hrafn

Next

Return to Off-topic