Are you worried about...

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Are you worried about a revolution in Iran?

Yes
18%
No
65%
Don't really care
18%
What's an "Iran"?
No votes

Total votes : 17

Are you worried about...

Postby Mr.Yankees » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:56 pm

a revolution in Iran? Why or why not?
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Re: Are you worried about...

Postby Darvian » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:57 pm

If they could be so lucky. . .
Darvian

Postby Molotov » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:02 pm

Bring back the Shah, I say.
Molotov

Postby JuliaAJA » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:19 pm

I think the Shah could work into the current system where they could have the Ayatollah and Shah at the same level the Ayatollah is now, ceremonial with a president in charge.

I think America needs better relations with Iran and Cuba. I want to go to Cuba. :cry: All you non-Americans can go to Cuba, we are the only ones thickheaded enough to boycott them.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Chazza » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:21 pm

Not worried per se, hoping one happens though.
Chazza

Postby Mr.Yankees » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:26 pm

Jessaveryja wrote:I think the Shah could work into the current system where they could have the Ayatollah and Shah at the same level the Ayatollah is now, ceremonial with a president in charge.

I think America needs better relations with Iran and Cuba. I want to go to Cuba. :cry: All you non-Americans can go to Cuba, we are the only ones thickheaded enough to boycott them.

You can go to Cuba too, there are certain restrictions though. You can always travel via a third country such as Mexico or the Dominican Republic. It's a beautiful country, I tell you. I traveled there about four years ago. If you like crystal clear beaches, then that's the place to travel to.

By the way, what does having relations with Cuba have anything to do with traveling there? They are two different things. And do you want to go to Iran too?
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby JuliaAJA » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:32 pm

Mr.Yankees wrote:
Jessaveryja wrote:I think the Shah could work into the current system where they could have the Ayatollah and Shah at the same level the Ayatollah is now, ceremonial with a president in charge.

You can go to Cuba too, there are certain restrictions though. You can always travel via a third country such as Mexico or the Dominican Republic. It's a beautiful country, I tell you. I traveled there about four years ago. If you like crystal clear beaches, then that's the place to travel to.

By the way, what does having relations with Cuba have anything to do with traveling there? They are two different things. And do you want to go to Iran too?

Last time I checked average Americans couldn't go to Cuba, but then you are a fed. I just think that if we can ally with Saudi Arabia, we can ally with anyone. :D
JuliaAJA

Postby Molotov » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:37 pm

Don't be silly. First of all, the president is ceremonial and the Ayatollahs are in charge. Second of all, the entire foundation of the system the Ayatollahs created is based on a hatred of the Shah and his apparent betrayal of their religion. They could never be 'joint' constitutional rulers.

You can go to Cuba. Fly to another Caribbean island, sail to Cuba. It's not the Cubans keeping Americans out, it's the Americans keeping Americans out.

Yankees wrote:By the way, what does having relations with Cuba have anything to do with traveling there?

Dude, have you not noticed the American embargo of Cuba? Slip by you did it?
Molotov

Postby JuliaAJA » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:42 pm

Molotov wrote:

Don't be silly. First of all, the president is ceremonial and the Ayatollahs are in charge. Second of all, the entire foundation of the system the Ayatollahs created is based on a hatred of the Shah and his apparent betrayal of their religion. They could never be 'joint' constitutional rulers.

In that case, I like the Shah.

Molotov wrote:
Jessaveryja wrote:I think America needs better relations with Iran and Cuba. I want to go to Cuba. :cry: All you non-Americans can go to Cuba, we are the only ones thickheaded enough to boycott them.

You can go to Cuba. Fly to another Caribbean island, sail to Cuba. It's not the Cubans keeping Americans out, it's the Americans keeping Americans out.

That is true if I could afford sailing.

Molotov wrote:
Yankees wrote:By the way, what does having relations with Cuba have anything to do with traveling there?

Dude, have you not noticed the American embargo of Cuba? Slip by you did it?

He's a Fed, he is allowed to go there, Feds and News.
JuliaAJA

Postby Darvian » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:44 pm

I supremely doubt Yanks was comparing US relations with Iran to Cuba in that respect, Molotov. If he was well, my defense of that position is null and void. Iran hasn't had an embargo on it since 1958; now has it? Indeed, it has not.
Darvian

Next

Return to Off-topic