Democratic 2016 Presidential Field

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

If you voted in a Democratic Primary in 2016 who would you vote for?

Hillary Clinton
19%
Bernie Sanders
44%
Martin O'Malley
3%
Lincoln Chafee
3%
Jim Webb
8%
Joe Biden
22%
Other; Specify
No votes

Total votes : 36

Re: Democratic 2016 Presidential Field

Postby PaleRider » Sat May 10, 2014 8:10 pm

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/l4jw0 ... abba-gabba

this is why Democrats cant govern....theyve ruined New York. While they debate about an official state snack, the state is going to pieces. The economy is in the toilet, people (including me) are fleeing the state in droves, the leftist secret police are out in force and the leftist welfare system is gobbling up all that remains.
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/05/136959- ... id-school/
http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/s142-2013

This is scary, its totalitarian and nothing anyone says can make it otherwise. Whats next? License to procreate?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06 ... s-in-jail/
And now heaven forbid we question the enforcers of the state....thank God i moved out! And all of this is why Cuomo shouldnt be elected toll booth operator, much less President. If he signs these laws, or cant reign in his fellow Dems then thats no good.

NOTE- some will notice that the NY Republicans have a "majority" in the State Senate (A coalition between Republicans and "Independent Democrats") however it has long been a time honoured tradition of Democrats who wish to sit in the majority in the state senate run as republicans so as to get better committee assignments and such.
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby EEL123 » Sat May 10, 2014 9:21 pm

That is actually remarkably offensive. Whose fucking idea was that?
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby EEL123 » Sat May 10, 2014 9:46 pm

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... undraiser/

It looks like Biden is positioning himself to Clinton's left. I increasingly suspect that he is serious about running.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby PaleRider » Sat May 10, 2014 10:39 pm

EEL123 wrote:That is actually remarkably offensive. Whose fucking idea was that?

New York has lost its mind. In New York we have around 20 million or so people at last check and declining. And of the 20 or so million nearly half of the population lives in the Lower Hudson Valley-NYC-Long Island area. And given that NYC is a crows nest of leftist politics, Lord knows what else theyre cooking up! Severe population imbalances like in NY are why things like the electoral college are good.
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
PaleRider

Postby EEL123 » Sun May 11, 2014 1:38 am

PaleRider wrote:In New York we
"We"? As in you live in NY?

PaleRider wrote:And given that NYC is a crows nest of leftist politics
True, but there are worse places. From what I've heard, Massachusetts and Maryland are really wacko left.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby PaleRider » Sun May 11, 2014 1:55 am

EEL123 wrote:
PaleRider wrote:In New York we
"We"? As in you live in NY?

I used to live in NY, i left a few years ago to finish high school down in Va.

PaleRider wrote:And given that NYC is a crows nest of leftist politics
True, but there are worse places. From what I've heard, Massachusetts and Maryland are really wacko left.[/quote]
Rhode Island is worse. They consistently rank 50 out of 50 as the WORST state in the Union to do business in. New York, California and Rhode Island all trade places with each other as the worst places to do business. And all 3 states have serious budget and economic problems. Half of Rhode Island's townships are in state receivership and the state itself regularly teeters on the financial edge. California's budget is also always on edge and subject to the annual whims of the unreliable income tax there as well as numerous state financial gimmicks, ie the magic asterisk. And then there is New York. Horrible regulatory regime, out of control government, the welfare system is stifling and corrupt and under performing. New York went from having the most electoral votes in 1960 to having the 3rd most in 2012 AND even in NYC, the city's population is stagnating. No one moves to NY any more. Its quite sad.
But there are worse states. California and Rhode Island i already mentioned but Vermont is also whacky left and usually is 45th worst place to do business. Illinois is on the verge of bankruptcy and the pension system might start to implode as early as 2017; Hawaii is also really left, with only 1 Republican in the State Senate. New Mexico too can purple lean left and Colorado has absolutely been ruined. Then of course you have the mess of New Jersey and Connecticut is also solidly blue too and has a very stifled and divided society. If you aint rich and white youre poor and black is the common derision.
PaleRider

Postby EEL123 » Sun May 11, 2014 7:12 am

That's an impressive catalogue of greivances. :lol:
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Afrocentric » Sun May 11, 2014 3:30 pm

EEL123 wrote: True, but there are worse places. From what I've heard, Massachusetts and Maryland are really wacko left.

I love it here in the People's Republic of Maryland :lol:

But seriously, our Legislature is dominated by Liberal Democrats and they in turn have passed laws abolishing the death penalty, making it harder to buy guns, increasing the minimum wage to $10/hour and have taken steps to decriminalize marijuana. O'Malley supported all of that and he's been on record saying he's in favor of giving healthcare to illegal immigrants. I'll be glad when he is gone from Annapolis; maybe Brown won't be as bad (I'm not holding my breath), but at least he's not totally incompetent like his boss.

Right now we have a person to the left of O'Malley, a moderate (AG) and "conservative" (Lt. Brown) running for the Democratic nomination and because Maryland is a one-party state (like Texas and Mississippi) and the GOP here is totally clueless and can't put forth a competent (or even sane) candidate, it's a given that who ever gets the nomination will be Governor.

Anyway, let me stop before I go off on a rant...

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby PaleRider » Sun May 11, 2014 5:26 pm

the GOP here is totally clueless and can't put forth a competent (or even sane) candidate, it's a given that who ever gets the nomination will be Governor.

Unfortunately in one party states like Maryland, its hard to recruit top tier candidates for the GOP because there simply arent a lot of persons in the party who have broad state wide appeal, experience and name recognition. After looking at the GOP field for the nomination it appears its mostly county executives running, while the Democrats have more statewide officials to field.

giving healthcare to illegal immigrants

I also saw he gave college tuition to illegals. Why? Just why give money to people who arent supposed to be here at the expense of citizens who could use the assistance?
PaleRider

Postby MichaelReilly » Tue May 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Afrocentric wrote:
EEL123 wrote:But seriously, our Legislature is dominated by Liberal Democrats and they in turn have passed laws abolishing the death penalty, making it harder to buy guns, increasing the minimum wage to $10/hour and have taken steps to decriminalize marijuana.

Everything you've said there is a good thing.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic