Republican 2016 Presidential Field

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

If you were a Republican primary voter, who would you vote for?

Donald Trump
24%
Carly Fiorina
12%
Ben Carson
3%
Marco Rubio
7%
Jeb Bush
17%
Rand Paul
15%
Chris Christie
No votes
Mike Huckabee
3%
Ted Cruz
5%
Other; Specify
14%

Total votes : 59

Re: Republican 2016 Presidential Field

Postby SelucianCrusader » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:14 am

I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life

Gratz, Ted! :D
SelucianCrusader

Postby MichaelReilly » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:19 pm

I was thinking about posting in here, but the thought of the current Republican presidential field is genuinely terrifying.

The fact the now-frontrunner is more right-wing than Trump is, in all honesty, frightening.

The world is truly fucked if Cruz or Trump get into the White House. I mean seriously: totally fucked.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby J4C0B65 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:29 pm

MichaelReilly wrote:I was thinking about posting in here, but the thought of the current Republican presidential field is genuinely terrifying.

The fact the now-frontrunner is more right-wing than Trump is, in all honesty, frightening.

The world is truly fucked if Cruz or Trump get into the White House. I mean seriously: totally fucked.

Oh well, at least no more babies will be murdered if Cruz wins. I agree with SelCru, America needs a saviour in the name of Ted Cruz.
Classic Particracy

Parti Conservateur Democratique (Lourenne) - Inactive
Parti Conservateur Democratique (Rildanor) - Inactive
Partido Nacional (Gaduridos) - Inactive
National Conservative Party (Beiteynu) - Inactive
J4C0B65

Postby SelucianCrusader » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:48 pm

J4C0B65 wrote:
MichaelReilly wrote:I was thinking about posting in here, but the thought of the current Republican presidential field is genuinely terrifying.

Oh well, at least no more babies will be murdered if Cruz wins. I agree with SelCru, America needs a saviour in the name of Ted Cruz.

Amen, bro!

I actually like Rubio quite a bit too, especially in that particular regard. He said something very clear during the last debate: we should remember that the Democrats are the extremists on that issue. Hillary views it as a right to murder babies the day before they're born (partial birth abortion). Hell not even "ultra-liberal" (which it actually isn't) Sweden doesn't allow abortions past week 18 (which is a very gruesome form of killing anyway).

Biggest issue with Rubio is that he's too weak on immigration - there might actually be as many as 30 billion illegal immigrants in the U.S. right now. That's why Trump is going so well despite being.. Trump. The free world needs a stable decent Christian fatherly figure like Cruz.
SelucianCrusader

Postby TheCollectivist » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:58 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:
J4C0B65 wrote:

Amen, bro!

I actually like Rubio quite a bit too, especially in that particular regard. He said something very clear during the last debate: we should remember that the Democrats are the extremists on that issue. Hillary views it as a right to murder babies the day before they're born (partial birth abortion). Hell not even "ultra-liberal" (which it actually isn't) Sweden doesn't allow abortions past week 18 (which is a very gruesome form of killing anyway).

Biggest issue with Rubio is that he's too weak on immigration - there might actually be as many as 30 billion illegal immigrants in the U.S. right now. That's why Trump is going so well despite being.. Trump. The free world needs a stable decent Christian fatherly figure like Cruz.

As a firm believer in abortion, I can understand your desire to dictate what a woman can and cannot do with her body.
Current party: Pragmatic Party (Indrala)
Political alignment: Centre
For: Defensive democracy, globalism, and humanism
TheCollectivist

Postby SelucianCrusader » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:12 am

TheCollectivist wrote:As a firm believer in abortion, I can understand your desire to dictate what a woman can and cannot do with her body.

That's not scientific. The unborn child is a genetically distinct entity with its own unique and individual gender, blood type, bone-structure, and genetic code. The killing of these unborn children is a very barbaric thing, especially after the first trimester.

Scientifically speaking, the unborn child is living. If you believe in human dignity (I guess you don't, as a communist) and human rights for every human being, then you can't consent to the murder of the unborn. If you don't want to have a child, don't have sex. Period.
SelucianCrusader

Postby Polites » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:16 am

SelucianCrusader wrote:The unborn child is a genetically distinct entity with its own unique and individual gender, blood type, bone-structure, and genetic code.

Sure, but does that make it, legally and morally, a "person", and if so, does its rights as such trump the legal and moral right to individual bodily autonomy of the mother? It's obviously not one legally (one usually gets citizenship at birth, not before), so the issue here is if a zygote/embryo/fetus counts as a human individual and a moral agent, with the entire afferent baggage of rights and freedoms. I find it hard to believe that, theological claims of ensoulment at conception aside (which not all Christian denominations or even Church Fathers believe in, see St. Augustine for instance), an embryo can be said to be morally equivalent to a human adult. Abortion is murder the same way an omelet is fried chicken.

SelucianCrusader wrote: If you don't want to have a child, don't have sex. Period.

It's not really that simple and straightforward now, is it? Putting aside pregnancies resulting from rape, there's a myriad reasons people have sex without the goal of procreation, and not all of them are the result of hedonistic promiscuity.
Polites

Postby Kubrick » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:46 pm

I fully agree with Polites.

Personally abortion is a grey area from my perspective, as I believe a person should be able to do everything he or she wants if it not harms others. In a way you can state that abortion does harm someone else, as in the unborn baby, but in this case it's more weighing one side against the other. I think an unwanted child is bad for both the parents and the child itself. It's a mercy for the unborn child in this case to end the life before it effectively started. And giving celibacy as the answer to that is kind of out of touch with reality in my opinion.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Reddy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:01 pm

J4C0B65 wrote:

I personally oppose abortion myself in most circumstances but I'm interested to know how Super Ted would end 'baby murder' if elected President. This is a practice as old as time and living in a country where abortion was banned, I have personally known two girls who died while getting backstreet abortions. Beside how would Super Ted go about it? He's antagonised many congressional members of his own party with his bomb throwing behaiour (he's deliciously manipulative though, the Carson trick was impressive). I seem to recall GOP congressional women rebelled against an attempt to toughen abortion laws sometime last year according to the Atlantic. There's likely no chance of the Supreme Court overturning Roe v Wade in our lifetimes and a constitutional amendment to ban abortion probably wouldn't pass since most Americans support the practice. I think it's better to spend time advocating alternatives to abortion or measures which could reduce the overall number. Banning it won't stop it. nor can you realistically demand that people who don't want to get pregnant stop having sex as if people can control their biological urges. If they could, would we have the obesity crisis, alcoholics and addicts of all kinds?

I'm leaning towards Kasich in the GOP even though I don't really see him as a moderate as such. If I were an American, I'd probably vote for Hillary in the GE despite my views roughly corresponding with those of a very moderate north eastern type of Republican as she seems to be the only person near sane at least on the economy. The GOP is just too extreme for someone who believes in a fairly regulated, free enterprise economy (basically social market economy) and generally detests dog whistling and a heavy emphasis on social issues in politics.
Last edited by Reddy on Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby MichaelReilly » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:21 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:the Democrats are the extremists on that issue.

SelucianCrusader wrote:Hillary views it as a right to murder babies the day before they're born (partial birth abortion).

SelucianCrusader wrote:...not even... Sweden doesn't allow abortions past week 18...

SelucianCrusader wrote:there might actually be as many as 30 billion illegal immigrants in the U.S. right now.

...and people say politics is full of lies... Jesus, I've never seen more shite in one post in my life. Explicit lies. Come on SelCru, you're better than that.

SelucianCrusader wrote:The free world needs a stable decent Christian fatherly figure like Cruz.

Maybe not... :lol: :roll:
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic