Republican 2016 Presidential Field

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

If you were a Republican primary voter, who would you vote for?

Donald Trump
24%
Carly Fiorina
12%
Ben Carson
3%
Marco Rubio
7%
Jeb Bush
17%
Rand Paul
15%
Chris Christie
No votes
Mike Huckabee
3%
Ted Cruz
5%
Other; Specify
14%

Total votes : 59

Re: Republican 2016 Presidential Field

Postby colonelvesica » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:02 pm

30 billion illegal aliens you say....unless Men In Black was real and the existence of Extra-Terristials is fact id love to know how a population of illegal aliens four times that of population of the entire human race has come to reside in the United States ;)..... joking aside both Cruz and Trump Id say under normal circumstances are unelectable in a GE, they are simply far too right wing and have alienated far too many groups to truly be able to challenge Clinton... against Sanders they stand a much better chance as then it turns truly into a battle of right vs left.

Now that all being said i fear for the United States only in the sense that Trumps campaign reminds me eriely of the Nazi Campaign following the Great Depression; far right wing candidate that isn't with the establishment that is suggesting radical ideas and a return to greatness (No I am not calling Trump Hitler and his supporters the Nazis for the record). Trump scares me enough that as a Canadian if he was elected President Id move to Mars.

Cruz for me is the American Stephen Harper... really loved by his supporters, generally disliked by everyone else and absolutely terrifies anyone on the left wing spectrum of what he'd be like in power.

If i was going to back anyone it would have to be Rubio or Bush
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby TheCollectivist » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:49 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:
TheCollectivist wrote:As a firm believer in abortion, I can understand your desire to dictate what a woman can and cannot do with her body.

That's not scientific. The unborn child is a genetically distinct entity with its own unique and individual gender, blood type, bone-structure, and genetic code. The killing of these unborn children is a very barbaric thing, especially after the first trimester.

Scientifically speaking, the unborn child is living. If you believe in human dignity (I guess you don't, as a communist) and human rights for every human being, then you can't consent to the murder of the unborn. If you don't want to have a child, don't have sex. Period.

It's not murder if it's right. 7 billion humans and counting, we need less, not more. If you believe in human dignity, you believe in population control.
Current party: Pragmatic Party (Indrala)
Political alignment: Centre
For: Defensive democracy, globalism, and humanism
TheCollectivist

Postby MichaelReilly » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:25 pm

colonelvesica wrote:(No I am not calling Trump Hitler and his supporters the Nazis for the record)

If you won't, I'll be happy to. :lol:
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby colonelvesica » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:59 pm

Id still like my 30 billion aliens comment addressed :p
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby J4C0B65 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:04 pm

TheCollectivist wrote:
SelucianCrusader wrote:
TheCollectivist wrote:As a firm believer in abortion, I can understand your desire to dictate what a woman can and cannot do with her body.

That's not scientific. The unborn child is a genetically distinct entity with its own unique and individual gender, blood type, bone-structure, and genetic code. The killing of these unborn children is a very barbaric thing, especially after the first trimester.

Scientifically speaking, the unborn child is living. If you believe in human dignity (I guess you don't, as a communist) and human rights for every human being, then you can't consent to the murder of the unborn. If you don't want to have a child, don't have sex. Period.

It's not murder if it's right. 7 billion humans and counting, we need less, not more. If you believe in human dignity, you believe in population control.

The current birthrate in the USA is 1.9 per child bearing mother. In the UK it is 1.66. The replacement rate is 2.1. This is evidence for the fact that the population of the USA isnt rapidly increasing.

And what's right about killing innocent life forms that haven't done anything wrong.
Classic Particracy

Parti Conservateur Democratique (Lourenne) - Inactive
Parti Conservateur Democratique (Rildanor) - Inactive
Partido Nacional (Gaduridos) - Inactive
National Conservative Party (Beiteynu) - Inactive
J4C0B65

Postby Hrafn » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:57 pm

J4C0B65 wrote:The current birthrate in the USA is 1.9 per child bearing mother. In the UK it is 1.66. The replacement rate is 2.1. This is evidence for the fact that the population of the USA isnt rapidly increasing.

Actually, the population of the US is increasing quite rapidly, but it's because of immigration.

J4C0B65 wrote:And what's right about killing innocent life forms that haven't done anything wrong.

Yeah... Are you vegetarian?

AFAICT, a fetus is about as sentient as a fungus, so I don't care.
Hrafn

Postby J4C0B65 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:51 am

Hrafn wrote:
J4C0B65 wrote:The current birthrate in the USA is 1.9 per child bearing mother. In the UK it is 1.66. The replacement rate is 2.1. This is evidence for the fact that the population of the USA isnt rapidly increasing.

Actually, the population of the US is increasing quite rapidly, but it's because of immigration.

So that must means that abortion isn't the solution to the problem. Immigration controls are.

Hrafn wrote:
J4C0B65 wrote:And what's right about killing innocent life forms that haven't done anything wrong.

Yeah... Are you vegetarian?

The thing is, humans are above animals in the Natural order. Humans have immortal souls animals do not. God put animals on the earth for our use. There is also a solid purpose for killing animals for food.

Hrafn wrote:AFAICT, a fetus is about as sentient as a fungus, so I don't care.

By 14 weeks of being alive (In the womb), the entire body surface, except the back and top of the head, are sensitive to pain. So a foetus is much more sentinent than a fungus. Likewise, a foetus is much more important.
Classic Particracy

Parti Conservateur Democratique (Lourenne) - Inactive
Parti Conservateur Democratique (Rildanor) - Inactive
Partido Nacional (Gaduridos) - Inactive
National Conservative Party (Beiteynu) - Inactive
J4C0B65

Postby MichaelReilly » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:42 pm

J4C0B65 wrote:God put animals on the earth for our use.

You've lost all credibility with that one completely stupid remark, and lost the right for anyone to take anything else you say seriously.

Pathetic.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby hts » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:02 pm

MichaelReilly wrote:
J4C0B65 wrote:God put animals on the earth for our use.

You've lost all credibility with that one completely stupid remark, and lost the right for anyone to take anything else you say seriously.

Pathetic.

Im not very religious at all, but even if god didnt put them here for our use, is it not natural for us to put them to use?

We are the top of the food chain, I say that gives us the right to eat whatever the fuck we want.

I wouldn't compare a fetus to an animal. I am pro choice but anti-abortion. If someone wants to do it, go ahead, but I personally think it is fucked up.

But yea the whole god put them here for our use, I wouldn't agree lol. But hey, if your religious like that than good for you. To each his own.
“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”
hts

Postby hts » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:10 pm

O yeah, btw fuck Ted Cruz. I am Northeastern, relatively secular, Moderate republican. So Cruz is just not for me, plus he's a sleazy liar. Which is pretty ironic considering the fact that he is supposed to be some moral crusader against abortion and gay marriage.

I am still pulling for Trump even though he is highly under qualified and a little psychotic. He is a New Yorker, who deep down probably doesnt give a shit about social issues, just like me. He is a business conservative, just like me. And most importantly he owes nothing to anyone. He will be able to pass his reasonable ideas, and Im not worried about his radical ideas because Congress will never support them.

Make America Great Again!
“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”
hts

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic