Canadian Federal Election 2015

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Who would you vote for?

Conservative
42%
Liberal
17%
New Democratic
25%
️Green
8%
Other
8%

Total votes : 36

Re: Canadian Federal Election 2015

Postby CanadianEh » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:00 am

Small Update,
http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/po ... index.html

The two most recent polls have both shown the Conservatives making gains with the NDP making losses. One poll has the Conservatives in an 11 percent lead with 38 percent support compared to the NDP's 27 and the Liberals' 25, another poll has the Conservatives and NDP tied at 31.3 percent, let's remeber, just yesterday the Conservatives were 2 percent down to the NDP. This is great news.
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby Darkylightytwo » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:23 pm

CanadianEh wrote:
Darkylightytwo wrote:crime rate is down, since 20 years, why do we need to be tougher on crime ? if it is not broken, don't fix it.

tax cuts, our government in deficit and in debt. for no program and no compensation.

and please, the electoral fraud in 2011 was not done by some individual, by the conservatives, who call people and tried to impersonate election Canada, and now they strip election of its power to promote vote.

I am over dramatic, I just realist. the conservatives are very bad.

If you were a realist, you wouldn't be a Communist.

Talk about an argument, I am not Communist, I am a liberal-Communist, and I don't take stance outside the normal world, if i were irrealist I would be in strong favour of good dictatorship.

CanadianEh wrote:
Arizal1 wrote: Now, about the idea that the conservatives "know how to manage the economy", I'm with Darkylightytwo on this (as with many other things you said, CanadianEh) : it is the opposition which forced the conservatives to lauch their ill-famed "Economic Action Plan for Canada" (I hate those ads). They took the credit for it, but not for the deficit. As long as all was well internationally, the conservatives were saying it was thanks to them. And now that oil is no longer a magical ressource, they blame the poor situation we are in on international events. :roll:

It's more than just the Economic Action Plan, there are so many other policies that have been put in place that I can agree with.

It is normal, when two parties are close to one another (ideologically) that they share some ideas. I think it is good for them to not cling to an idea as if it was sacred or repulsive only because another had this idea.

If this is your rebutle to my "Liberals Stealing Policy Point", it might be true but you are underplaying the frequency of the occurrence. It's like they cannot think on their own.

You can't justify the conservative being bad with economy with the liberals stealing idea from others parties, if the idea is good, then it is good to adopt it.

CanadianEh wrote:
While I could imagine that any organism being cut would moan that this is unfair and harm canadians, I think the cut on the long version of the Stat Can form is a really deep cut in the fiability of the information this body can collect, and I really have no idea why they did that. Also, Darkylightytwo seems right to me : 10% of cut is by no mean nothing to the CBC.

If CBC is reciving 1 Billion Dollars yearly from the Federal Government, I'm glad they they cut it. CTV, Global and City are struggling in the media industry because CBC is dominating with their government funds. This is leading to job losses and wage cuts.

CBC so much domination, you english only have a little 7%, while Quebecers love Radio-Canada, in fact, one of our one=time best prime minister came from Radio-Canada, before he become the worst... what you have on CBC, you don't have it on any other chain, documentaries and lot of information, Semaine Verte, Découverte, enquête, La Facture, Second Regards and lot of things. If you english Canadians hate the CBC' give it to Quebec, instead of cutting the funds, we will manage it.

CanadianEh wrote:
As an anectode, like most Quebecker, I find very comical the worship the conservatives seem to have toward the Queen. I would rather transform Canada into a federal republic with the German parliementary system copied-paste (for the structures) than keep this foreign monarchy we are supposed to love (I can respect the Windsor, but I don't care about them).

Well I think the Monarchy is a great symbol of Tradition and taking the same presidential structure as another nation isn't exactly thinking on our own either.

[/quote]

Sorry, but,. what the monarchies has done for us, nothing, we should abolish our have our own, we cannot support another country monarchy, we should values our sovereignty
Darkylightytwo

Postby Darkylightytwo » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:27 pm

CanadianEh wrote:Small Update,
http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/po ... index.html

The two most recent polls have both shown the Conservatives making gains with the NDP making losses. One poll has the Conservatives in an 11 percent lead with 38 percent support compared to the NDP's 27 and the Liberals' 25, another poll has the Conservatives and NDP tied at 31.3 percent, let's remember, just yesterday the Conservatives were 2 percent down to the NDP. This is great news.

That is only good news for you, because you conservative, for the rest of Canada, for everyone, this is bad news,
you have no proof that the conservative are good with economy anyway, all you do is attacking others on taxes, yet you cannot justify your program by attacking others, these sophists won't work on me.

And I would not be surprised to see the conservative spending 40 billion by starting the campaign three week before everyone expect it, this way, they will have monetary advantage, this is immoral, but nothing is bad for them. Seeing how they waste our taxes into advertising the plan of government.
Darkylightytwo

Postby Arizal1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:53 am

Well, I must say that from a liberal point of view, this recent poll can also be good news. The liberals stopped the hemorrhage and the NDP's support is declining. If the liberals can manage to appear as the party who could win the elections, many voters who switched for the NDP in late may could go back to them.

Part of the liberal voters are people who could vote for the conservatives, and another part are voters who could vote for the NDP. When the NDP looks like it is going to win, the liberals are threatened to lose their most conservative voters. When the conservatives looks like they are going to win, they are threatened to lose their most NDP-leaning voters. The latter scenario already massively happened in 2011, and it could repeat itself this year.

Because the liberals already lost most of their NDP support, it is clear for me that if the Liberals Party completely collapses, then the conservatives are going to win the elections. The surge in NDP votes wouldn't be enough to counterbalance the additional supports the conservatives would get. The only chance for a coalition (or a conservative defeat) would thus be to keep enough conservative-leaning voters in the Liberal Party. And, as CanadianEh says, this is not really what is happening.
The Social-Liberal Caucus (Ibutho) (Inactive) (Particracy Classic)
Demokrat Konservativen Partei (DKP) (Narikaton and Darnussia) (Particracy Classic)
The Federalistische Partij (Laaglanden) (Particracy Dev)
Arizal1

Postby PaleRider » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:15 pm

IT's rather interesting to see that the Canadian left is undergoing something similar to what happened on the right between the collapse of the Progressive Conservatives in 1992 and the rise of the CPC in 2004. and for the record I do believe Brian Mulroney was a decent PM...
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Darkylightytwo » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:24 pm

Since some members accuse me to be very dramatic, I'll thrown my dramatic scene here

right now, Canada will host the very first undemocratic elections of its history, elections that has been drafted by the party in power, the conservative of the terrible Stephen Hitler.. excuse me Harper.

election that has been rigged to for the victory of the conservative party. Why because the conservative have decided to hold the longest elections ever so they can spend all their money on this election, they have a base of stupid religious voters, who always give money no matter the conditions, so they have 60 million, and with the limit they can spend the maximum of 5 million every week, meanwhile, liberal have 45 million and the NPD 30 million, if the conservative had only a 5 week election, every party can spend 5 million per week, but now it is 11 week, only the conservative can spend 5 million,

and you add that the debates we are going to hold no longer belong to the CBC, but to conservative friendly medias like TVA and McClean. The conservative will skip the CBC. and now you get, that the debate have been negotiate by the party in power, their themes have been negotiate by the conservative

Welcome to Russia
Darkylightytwo

Postby TheNewGuy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:41 pm

Darkylightytwo wrote:Welcome to Russia

lol
I once was full of promise. Oops.
The artist formerly known as Zanz, Troll King, Scourge of Dynastia and Confidant of IdioC
All posts are subject to the intense anal-retentive scrutiny of concerned citizens of the community

Particracy Realism Project
TheNewGuy

Postby Kubrick » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:07 am

Darkylighty, please, stop being so melodramatic.

Comparison 1: Harper & Hitler. Is Harper attempting to annex the USA? Did Harper's government kill "undesirables"? Is Harper preaching about the Canadian superiority over all other nationalities? No? Then don't compare him with Hitler.
Comparison 2: Russia. Are protesters being arrested in Canada? Are gay people being oppressed in Canada? Is the ruling party actively cheating the elections by sending men in vans to vote in rural areas? Is Canada annexing Hawaii? No? Then don't compare Canada with Russia.

What you are suffering from is a luxury problem, you're frustrated that Canada is not the Soviet Republic of Northern America and it's making you type gibberish.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Darkylightytwo » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:49 am

Kubrick wrote:Darkylighty, please, stop being so melodramatic.

Comparison 1: Harper & Hitler. Is Harper attempting to annex the USA? Did Harper's government kill "undesirables"? Is Harper preaching about the Canadian superiority over all other nationalities? No? Then don't compare him with Hitler.
Comparison 2: Russia. Are protesters being arrested in Canada? Are gay people being oppressed in Canada? Is the ruling party actively cheating the elections by sending men in vans to vote in rural areas? Is Canada annexing Hawaii? No? Then don't compare Canada with Russia.

What you are suffering from is a luxury problem, you're frustrated that Canada is not the Soviet Republic of Northern America and it's making you type gibberish.

No, I am very angry to see such a terrible government with high chance to get elected for another term. with the next elections being undemocratic.

- The debates where organized by the conservatives.
- the election is long because the conservatives want to spend their money

The last time we had such long elections, it was because there a constitutional crisis in Canada known as King-Byng (with some conservative on the wrong side of story). but we have no reason for such a long election right now, we are not America, our democracy should not be like the (American democracy)

If I am very strong supporter of "democracy", but that does not mean I support dictatoraships, far from, I never support the soviet union or anything like that.

edit : if you say Harper's policy are good for economy, then you did not notice the bank of Canada lowering the interest rate, that means we have a bad economy, we are in recession cause Harper choose to put all egg in oil and that is not our domain.

edit: none of the conservative will like my finds but here
http://www.pressprogress.ca/6_charts_sh ... rld_war_ii
Darkylightytwo

Postby Kubrick » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:10 am

I'm not saying anything about Harper and his policies, I'm only saying that your comparisons are far-fetched and ridiculous. Canada is a free country, Nazi Germany was not and Russia isn't really either.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic