Canadian Federal Election 2015

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Who would you vote for?

Conservative
42%
Liberal
17%
New Democratic
25%
️Green
8%
Other
8%

Total votes : 36

Re: Canadian Federal Election 2015

Postby Alain Delors » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:03 pm

The NDP is now at 39 percent, as of August 2. The Tories are behind with 28%. Looks like Harper might be in trouble, but the poll could very well be an outlier. On July 21 there was a similar shock poll where the Conservatives got 38% and also had an 11% lead, with the striking difference that the August 2 survey has a sample of 1,399 whereas the one where the Tories lead questioned 5,147. So I guess it's still neck-and-neck.
GRAND NATIONAL PARTY/RALLY FOR THE REPUBLIC
300 years of Dranish libertarianism
Liberty will prevail
Alain Delors

Postby Darkylightytwo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

right now, I gnore the surveys, still too soon, we should not even in electoral campaign, this is not our values.
Darkylightytwo

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:29 pm

Alain Delors wrote:The NDP is now at 39 percent, as of August 2. The Tories are behind with 28%. Looks like Harper might be in trouble, but the poll could very well be an outlier. On July 21 there was a similar shock poll where the Conservatives got 38% and also had an 11% lead, with the striking difference that the August 2 survey has a sample of 1,399 whereas the one where the Tories lead questioned 5,147. So I guess it's still neck-and-neck.

I'm interested in knowing the number of seats that each party is likely to win. A nationwide poll can give a rough estimate, but it's not really that helpful. Do they have constituency-based polls that are consolidated into a nationwide seat estimate?
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Arizal1 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:34 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:
Alain Delors wrote:The NDP is now at 39 percent, as of August 2. The Tories are behind with 28%. Looks like Harper might be in trouble, but the poll could very well be an outlier. On July 21 there was a similar shock poll where the Conservatives got 38% and also had an 11% lead, with the striking difference that the August 2 survey has a sample of 1,399 whereas the one where the Tories lead questioned 5,147. So I guess it's still neck-and-neck.

I'm interested in knowing the number of seats that each party is likely to win. A nationwide poll can give a rough estimate, but it's not really that helpful. Do they have constituency-based polls that are consolidated into a nationwide seat estimate?

This is the best I found and I follow it religiously :
http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/po ... index.html
The Social-Liberal Caucus (Ibutho) (Inactive) (Particracy Classic)
Demokrat Konservativen Partei (DKP) (Narikaton and Darnussia) (Particracy Classic)
The Federalistische Partij (Laaglanden) (Particracy Dev)
Arizal1

Postby EEL Mk2 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:35 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:I'm interested in knowing the number of seats that each party is likely to win. A nationwide poll can give a rough estimate, but it's not really that helpful. Do they have constituency-based polls that are consolidated into a nationwide seat estimate?
Not to my knowledge. There are a few sites that translate polling shares into seat projections though. There's a good one on the CBC, which can be found here.

Edit: arrgh, I see that I've been beaten to it. By a minute.
Last edited by EEL Mk2 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
EEL Mk2

Postby Alain Delors » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:48 pm

I don't know about any such thing either, but, similar to Britain, some 36-38% seem to be enough to win a majority, at least for the Tories, who benefit from the fact that the progressive camp is divided between NDP and Liberal Party.
GRAND NATIONAL PARTY/RALLY FOR THE REPUBLIC
300 years of Dranish libertarianism
Liberty will prevail
Alain Delors

Postby Darkylightytwo » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:16 am

When I see, 52% conservative, this is proof that people playing Particracy are not so much update with the electoral culture in Canada... For records, we don't have long electoral Campaign like the U.S. we are not the U.S.

The poll may have between 1 and 10 000 people to respond, but I don,t give shit about these, they worth nothing to me, we are still two months before the election, that is an eternity
Darkylightytwo

Postby EEL Mk2 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:22 am

Darkylightytwo wrote:When I see, 52% conservative, this is proof that people playing Particracy are not so much update with the electoral culture in Canada
No, people in Particracy just don't have the same opinions as the Canadian population, apparently. Why do you always have to attribute things to people being misinformed or irrational?
EEL Mk2

Postby Darkylightytwo » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:07 pm

Shitharperdid.com

There, you can learn all about Harper

Fail to see what legitimate reason there is to vote for him....
Darkylightytwo

Postby EEL Mk2 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:37 am

Darkylightytwo wrote:Fail to see what legitimate reason there is to vote for him....
I was not saying that Harper was the best option (although while we're on this topic I might as well say that that is my view), I was merely saying that it was mistaken to attribute the view of the Particracy community to any lack of familiarity with the Canadian political scene. Certainly in my case that is not so - I read Canadian news on the daily basis, for whatever reason.
EEL Mk2

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic