Why are you a Leftist/Liberal?

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Why are you a Leftist/Liberal?

Postby Afrocentric » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:30 am

What is the main reason(s) for you agreeing with the Leftist/Liberal position in politics and why do you think your position is better than Conservatism or any other ideology.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Re: Why are you a Leftist/Liberal?

Postby MarkWill » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:55 am

#LiberalY'all!

(Just kiddin', ya know! Everybody hates dem Texas rednecks! Not like they're #1 in growth or anything lollll)

Hi there Afro! You like Afros! They're hip, like me, the US Liberal! #AfroFTW #AfroLikesDems #ObamanomicsIsSoSoSoWorking

I'm liberal because my grandpa's a Republican, and darn him! Ya now? Old people are so #outoftouch lololol

I'm liberal 'cause Europe's not like they're failing and because China's cool, and they're liberal... right? Who cares! #DumplingsAreGood

Im' liberal because Obama's the first black President, and only white people hate him! That reminds me, all those Republicans (#SoOutOfTouch) are old and white! Ewwww. I'm NEVER going to be old and white! My parents are just descended from Germany. That aint meaning i gonna turn into some old white person in fifty years (is that five decimetres or something?) #WhoCares

Finally, Im' liberal because the rich are just so bad! #MittRomneystoorich I mean, they should just give all their money to everyone else. wait wait, I'm so smart! I just thought of something #iamgenius If the rich people just give all their money to everyone else, we'll all be rich, then nobody has to work! #IsitMeorAmISoSmart

Anyway, hashtag y'all and be Dems, cause them Republicans definitely didnt say they supported contraceptions over the counter, and even if they did, it's not like it would be cheaper or anything. Bye!

P.S. :geek: <----Cool hipster plastic shades, only for #LibLibLib
Turdidae, formerly Mark3, Mark2, MarkWill

Union Party (Aloria)
Vorona Conservative Party
Union Canrillaise (Baltusia)
Parti Conservateur d'Alduria
United Luthori - active
Nouveau Centre (Rildanor)
MarkWill

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:45 pm

I find it funny how Afrocentric starts these threads, where he tries to call out persons who disagree with him, then he asserts his position and complains when persons criticise his position. If he can't handle these discussions, he seriously shouldn't start them. He also claims to care only about himself, but he seems so desperate to know about the opinions of others (which he doesn't like, and he criticises, then he complains when his expressed opinions are criticised).

Afrocentric wrote:What is the main reason(s) for you agreeing with the Leftist/Liberal position in politics and why do you think your position is better than Conservatism or any other ideology.

First of all, Leftism and Liberalism are neither the same nor similar, however the mainstream American understanding of politics is a fake liberal/conservative dichotomy, so I don't know how to explain it to you if you can't see beyond that.

^ This is how I see American politics, except that I would put the elephant on the Solid Right part, beside the Donkey, instead of on the Far Right. That is how narrow the spectrum of discussion is in mainstream American politics.

Secondly, "Conservatism" isn't really an ideology. What do you refer to, exactly? Fiscal Conservatism and economic stuff, or Social Conservatism and "moral" stuff? You can be one without being the other, or you can be neither or both. In terms of fiscal conservatism and Capitalism, Liberals and Conservatives are more similar to each other than Liberals are to the Left. Of course, time and time again, you have proven that you don't have the slightest clue about what "the Left" is.

Liberalism and Neoliberalism are both pro-Capitalism, and real members of "the Left" reject them.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby MarkWill » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:52 pm

He's referring to American liberalism and American conservatism, entirely different from the politics of other nations.

I can see what you mean by our spectrum, and there's no doubt that Reagan sort of catalyzed a major shift to the right regarding the thinking of the American populace. That can be seen with the policies of Bill Clinton, who established a modern "New Democrat" centrism that allowed the Democratic Party to make some gains.

It's only recently that there's been a shift to both the left and the right. The Occupy Movement really shed light on income inequality and the Tea Party really changed the way government is being perceived. Consider that only a few years before the rise of the Tea Party, earmarks were commonplace and really weren't frowned upon by anyone. Also, there are trends that show that those who consider themselves as affiliates of one party are more likely to agree most of the time with only that party, so a center in American politics, wherever that may be on the spectrum, really has eroded over time.

Union Party (Aloria)
United Luthori - active
MarkWill

Postby CanadianEh » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:54 pm

I agree with what Siggon is saying, Americans think that the Liberals are left when at best they are Centrists the furthest left of the Liberal movement is Centre-Left at best.
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby CanadianEh » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:57 pm

I would also like to add that the Democrat and Republican party symbols are very....... strange.

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby VGL » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:02 pm

I never got why Democrats use a donkey and Republicans use an elephant.
Economic Left/Right: -4.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

INACTIVE: Unity Party
INACTIVE: Liberal Party of Kirlawan
ACTIVE Farmer-Labor Union
VGL

Postby CanadianEh » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:02 pm

VGL wrote:I never got why Democrats use a donkey and Republicans use an elephant.

I feel ya!

CanadianEh

Postby MarkWill » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:05 pm

They were cartoons popularized by Thomas Nast in the 19th century.

But that diagam is outdated since the official logo of the Democratic Party is a D with a circle around it.

Union Party (Aloria)
United Luthori - active
MarkWill

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:11 pm

MarkWill wrote:I can see what you mean by our spectrum, and there's no doubt that Reagan sort of catalyzed a major shift to the right regarding the thinking of the American populace. That can be seen with the policies of Bill Clinton, who established a modern "New Democrat" centrism that allowed the Democratic Party to make some gains.

Even before Bill Clinton, I see the Democrats as a right-wing party.

CanadianEh wrote:I agree with what Siggon is saying, Americans think that the Liberals are left when at best they are Centrists the furthest left of the Liberal movement is Centre-Left at best.

I see the furthest left of the liberals as Centrist at best. I think a few centre-left persons just side with Democrats to try to keep the Republicans out.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Next

Return to Off-topic