American Thread

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Re: American Thread

Postby MarkWill » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:09 am

Go ahead! ;)
Turdidae, formerly Mark3, Mark2, MarkWill

Union Party (Aloria)
Vorona Conservative Party
Union Canrillaise (Baltusia)
Parti Conservateur d'Alduria
United Luthori - active
Nouveau Centre (Rildanor)
MarkWill

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:23 am

Afrocentric wrote:Yeah no, there is no modern day slavery (excluding child sex slavery/human trafficking) or genocide in America. Don't know where you are getting that information from.

I consider wage slavery to be slavery, and I didn't say that the genocide is happening in the USA, but it is happening by the USA.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Afrocentric » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:28 am

Wage Slavery??? Nonsense. If people want a higher salary, either work harder to be promoted, contact your Union or change jobs. There is no such thing as wage slavery.

As to genocide, there isn't any US-sponsored genocide occurring in the world. What you may deem as "genocide" may actually be necessary to protect US interests and/or US security. Any country would do the same if its interests were in trouble.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:49 am

Afrocentric wrote:Wage Slavery??? Nonsense. If people want a higher salary, either work harder to be promoted, contact your Union or change jobs. There is no such thing as wage slavery.

And if they want more opportunities, they should choose to be born into a better situation? Yup, heard it all before.

Afrocentric wrote:
It's not my fault they were born in the ghetto and I don't know why I should care. Maybe they'll work hard and make a way out of the ghetto and move to the suburbs.

with the decreasing amount of upward mobility in the USA and the perceived lack of choices the poor have, that means they have to work even harder than say I do

Sorry, I don't think that hard work is directly-proportional to income or wealth that one has in the USA.
Some persons have to work harder than others to reach the same places.

Afrocentric wrote:As to genocide, there isn't any US-sponsored genocide occurring in the world. What you may deem as "genocide" may actually be necessary to protect US interests and/or US security. Any country would do the same if its interests were in trouble.

Whether you see it as "necessary" or not is irrelevant to whether it is genocide. Even if genocide is committed to protect the interests of the American state (or the corporate sponsors of the campaigns of the people who run the state), it's still genocide. In the 1940s, the German state committed genocide to protect its interests; that didn't stop it from being genocide. The Iraqi state committed genocide to protect its interests; that didn't stop it from being genocide. The Israeli state commits genocide to protect its interests; that doesn't stop it from being genocide.

Anyway, I wouldn't expect you to know anything outside of the realm of dichotomous "liberal" and "conservative" labels.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Afrocentric » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:00 am

Well, somebody is mad...lol. :lol:

Afrocentric

Postby MarkWill » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:15 am

Well, this thread was intended for me to vent off my anger. Don't know why people are being serious here, go elsewhere! :D

If people think slacking off is slavery, let them think that! I don't try to convince people who commit their lives to something like the Flat Earth Society! :lol:
Turdidae, formerly Mark3, Mark2, MarkWill

Union Party (Aloria)
Vorona Conservative Party
Union Canrillaise (Baltusia)
Parti Conservateur d'Alduria
United Luthori - active
Nouveau Centre (Rildanor)
MarkWill

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:25 am

Afrocentric wrote:Well, somebody is mad...lol. :lol:

What, have you ran out of bullshit to say? I'm not mad, but I would have the right to be if I was. The state of people's lives isn't a laughing matter.

MarkWill wrote:If people think slacking off is slavery, let them think that! I don't try to convince people who commit their lives to something like the Flat Earth Society! :lol:

I didn't say that slacking off is slavery, and I didn't imply that. Of course, someone who has nothing to resort to but right-wing rhetoric couldn't properly analyse what I actually said anyway.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Afrocentric » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:41 am

The state of somebody elses life is not my problem and is a laughing matter to me if they intentionally fuck their life up by doing stupid shit.

Afrocentric

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:44 am

Afrocentric wrote:The state of somebody elses life is not my problem and is a laughing matter to me if they intentionally fuck their life up by doing stupid shit.

Like being born in a ghetto? :lol:
Siggon Kristov

Postby Afrocentric » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:51 am

If you are born in the ghetto, then that's not your fault. If you make poor choices in your life or you don't seize the opportunities to help you lift yourself out of poverty, then yes, I will laugh at you and I won't pity you.

Afrocentric

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic