Interested in Running for Public Office?

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Re: Interested in Running for Public Office?

Postby TheNewGuy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:52 pm

Aye, of course. You're not the first, and likely not the last. In any event, I've got no mind to ever run for office, and I've not said anything on here that would horrify me if people in my normal life found out.

Some of us here, I think, have some stuff to be pretty ashamed of, at least politically, if not personally.
I once was full of promise. Oops.
The artist formerly known as Zanz, Troll King, Scourge of Dynastia and Confidant of IdioC
All posts are subject to the intense anal-retentive scrutiny of concerned citizens of the community

Particracy Realism Project
TheNewGuy

Postby CanadianEh » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:40 pm

TheNewGuy wrote:Aye, of course. You're not the first, and likely not the last. In any event, I've got no mind to ever run for office, and I've not said anything on here that would horrify me if people in my normal life found out.

Some of us here, I think, have some stuff to be pretty ashamed of, at least politically, if not personally.

Which means anyone can find you i they wanted to they just gave to try.
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby PaleRider » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:43 am

TheNewGuy wrote:Aye, of course. You're not the first, and likely not the last. In any event, I've got no mind to ever run for office, and I've not said anything on here that would horrify me if people in my normal life found out.

Hopefully if you see a news report one day saying a PaleRider is running you'll do the right thing and not lead them to this Forum :mrgreen:
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:09 am

PaleRider wrote:

Hopefully if you see a news report one day saying a PaleRider is running you'll do the right thing and not lead them to this Forum :mrgreen:

Are you saying that leading someone to this forum is a left thing? :cry:
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby PaleRider » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:28 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:
PaleRider wrote:Hopefully if you see a news report one day saying a PaleRider is running you'll do the right thing and not lead them to this Forum :mrgreen:

Are you saying that leading someone to this forum is a left thing? :cry:

:arrow: perhaps....
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
PaleRider

Postby Lionking » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:01 am

no i don't want to run for public office, i rather work behind the screen for someone who is elected or within a political party.
Lionking

Postby PaleRider » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:28 am

Lionking wrote:no i don't want to run for public office, i rather work behind the screen for someone who is elected or within a political party.

same here....
PaleRider

Postby Kubrick » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:41 am

I'm planning on making a run for some kind of local public office later in my "career". Trick is to just have a decent career with a large network, join a popular party and pretend you agree with them. Good salary secured.

Siggon Kristov wrote:
TheNewGuy wrote:Best of luck to all of you when the opposition researchers find this forum.

They're not gonna find this by searching my real name, and I'll probably run in a rural constituency anyway.

I think it is really easy to find out who you are and the link to Particracy. Quite often you post links to Facebook with your pictures. That's just giving any researcher a home run. Nothing is safe on the internet, don't ever believe people can't find your Particracy history.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Reddy » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:40 pm

TheNewGuy wrote:Best of luck to all of you when the opposition researchers find this forum.

If 20 years from now, the worst thing he's done is what's on this forum, I'd vote for him myself.

As for public office, I won't deny that I'm interested but it's not a burning ambition. A judgeship would be much better than being elected a MP or city councillor in my view.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Previous

Return to Off-topic