Another Missing Plane in SE Asia...

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Another Missing Plane in SE Asia...

Postby PaleRider » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:52 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/a ... -1.2058482

Time to ignore CNN for the next few months because this is all it will cover....
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Re: Another Missing Plane in SE Asia...

Postby CanadianEh » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:57 am

PaleRider wrote:http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/airasia-flight-carrying-162-passengers-missing-officials-article-1.2058482

Time to ignore CNN for the next few months because this is all it will cover....

LOL! :lol: (with regards to the CNN pun)
Very saddening news though I can't imagine what the families are going through....
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby Afrocentric » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:26 pm

Guess I won't be watching CNN...

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby soysauce » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:45 am

Airbus jets have a very good record, last time one went down over the ocean was when one of the pilots violated almost every rule in the book and failed to recover from a stall that he shouldn't have got himself into in the first place. Coincidentally it was also trying to avoid a storm at the time.

I'm guessing that the pitot tube iced up and the autopilot disengaged, after that the pilots probably got disorientated and screwed up while hand flying at altitude. I've heard Airbuses don't handle stalls well so maybe that's got something to do with it, especially if the pilot didn't have an accurate airspeed.
soysauce

Postby CanadianEh » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:49 am

soysauce wrote:Airbus jets have a very good record, last time one went down over the ocean was when one of the pilots violated almost every rule in the book and failed to recover from a stall that he shouldn't have got himself into in the first place. Coincidentally it was also trying to avoid a storm at the time.

I'm guessing that the pitot tube iced up and the autopilot disengaged, after that the pilots probably got disorientated and screwed up while hand flying at altitude. I've heard Airbuses don't handle stalls well so maybe that's got something to do with it, especially if the pilot didn't have an accurate airspeed.

If you have two panicked or inexperienced pilots the likeliness of them handling a stall correctly is very slim especially if they are close to the ground. Don't get me wrong stalls are handled all of the time but when you have a panicked cabin and your altitude is low, you might not be able to overcome it.
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby soysauce » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:00 am

CanadianEh wrote:
soysauce wrote:Airbus jets have a very good record, last time one went down over the ocean was when one of the pilots violated almost every rule in the book and failed to recover from a stall that he shouldn't have got himself into in the first place. Coincidentally it was also trying to avoid a storm at the time.

If you have two panicked or inexperienced pilots the likeliness of them handling a stall correctly is very slim especially if they are close to the ground. Don't get me wrong stalls are handled all of the time but when you have a panicked cabin and your altitude is low, you might not be able to overcome it.

It should never have happened, they train pilots to recognise the symptoms preceding a stall and avoid them. On that Air France flight they missed that, had a textbook demonstration of the ineffectiveness of the elevator in a stall. The first thing they teach pilots is to shove the stick forward if they think something is wrong. Instead the handling pilot pulled the stick fully back and held it there while watching his speed bleed off and his altitude rapidly decreasing, that's more negligent than incompetent.
soysauce

Return to Off-topic