Swedish Election 2015/2018

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Which party would you vote for?

Social Democrats
7%
Moderate Party
13%
Swedish Democrats
33%
Green Party
No votes
Centre Party
No votes
Left Party
33%
Liberal People's Party
7%
Christian Democrats
No votes
Feminist Initiative
7%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 15

Re: Swedish Election 2015/2018

Postby Hrafn » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:17 am

CanadianEh wrote:I don't see why you all are against immigration and the Centre-Left parties who label people for opposing immigration that boosts an economy as racist because in a lot of cases they are. Immigration where you get judged and scored based on how well you will do in the nation for economic benefit is not harming at all in fact it improves diversity, creates a stable population pyramid and boosts the economy. While I believe that refugees should be caped off at a certain number yearly immigrants should be more free and the cap should be much looser, I admire Sweden for taking in 200 000 immigrants a year (almost 30 000 more than Canada and we are 4 times larger in population).

SD don't want to stop all immigration. They just want to bring it down to a rate close to the European average. I think they could very well go a bit further than that.

Immigration helps with a dire issue in current Developed nations that issue is population decrease and higher amounts of people in the 65+ range and a lower birth rate and less people in the 0-20 range. IF nations continue to deny economic immigration they will eventually have more people in the 65+ range than the entire rest of the population combined. Immigration (especially economic) allows nations to add more people into the Working population and 0-15 year area every year which will make those nations more powerful. Nations like Russia and Germany have rejected immigration will start to see a population decrease and have problems with the elderly becoming the very dominant age group.

An ageing population is an inescapable consequence of modern medicine. A perpetually growing population is an ecological impossibility. We have to choose between either low birthrates and an ageing population pyramid, or higher birthrates combined with higher death rates. The world population, and the populations of most western nations including Sweden, are already at an unsustainable level. The only reason why it seems to work is because we are living in the fossil fuel bubble.
Even if we could theoretically squeeze more people in, it would spell a death sentence for thousands of other species and the destruction of all green spaces.
Last edited by Hrafn on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hrafn

Postby Hrafn » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:19 am

SelucianCrusader wrote:Hey Hrafn, what do you like this sign? A bit too Christian for you, maybe? :mrgreen:

Nice.
Do you draw or paint, by any chance?
Hrafn

Postby SelucianCrusader » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:21 pm

Hrafn wrote:
SelucianCrusader wrote:Hey Hrafn, what do you like this sign? A bit too Christian for you, maybe? :mrgreen:

Nice.
Do you draw or paint, by any chance?

Occasionally, but nowadays it's mostly digital for me.
SelucianCrusader

Previous

Return to Off-topic