Conservatives and Centrists Hate America

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Re: Conservatives and Centrists Hate America

Postby TheNewGuy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:21 am

soysauce wrote:This is painful...

Seriously, sometimes I wonder about these folks. Like are they for real, or are they just even better trolls than I am and they're playing the long game on you, me, MikeR, and crew?
I once was full of promise. Oops.
The artist formerly known as Zanz, Troll King, Scourge of Dynastia and Confidant of IdioC
All posts are subject to the intense anal-retentive scrutiny of concerned citizens of the community

Particracy Realism Project
TheNewGuy

Postby Afrocentric » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:42 am

Flat taxes are the stupidest thing ever and I can't believe people advocate for them. The more money you earn, the more you should pay, it's that simple. Of course you can't tax people too high or else they'll simply move out of the country all together.

Hence why I think the rich should be taxed between 30 to 35%.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby CanadianEh » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:49 am

TheNewGuy wrote:

Seriously, sometimes I wonder about these folks. Like are they for real, or are they just even better trolls than I am and they're playing the long game on you, me, MikeR, and crew?

No we are just trying to have a real conversation........ :?
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby TheNewGuy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:59 am

CanadianEh wrote:
TheNewGuy wrote:

No we are just trying to have a real conversation........ :?

That's just nonsense.
I once was full of promise. Oops.
The artist formerly known as Zanz, Troll King, Scourge of Dynastia and Confidant of IdioC
All posts are subject to the intense anal-retentive scrutiny of concerned citizens of the community

Particracy Realism Project
TheNewGuy

Postby Amazeroth » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:17 am

Afrocentric wrote:Flat taxes are the stupidest thing ever and I can't believe people advocate for them. The more money you earn, the more you should pay, it's that simple. Of course you can't tax people too high or else they'll simply move out of the country all together.

Hence why I think the rich should be taxed between 30 to 35%.

Flat taxes have worked incredibly well wherever they were introduced. And the rich still pay more than the poor with flat taxes. That's what paying a percentage of your income is all about.

TheNewGuy wrote:

It's very hard to say. Although willfully ignoring irony and sarcasm are powerful tools against them, just not getting just looks the same.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby Reddy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:59 am

Amazeroth wrote:Flat taxes have worked incredibly well wherever they were introduced.

I disagree slightly, their positive effect on the economy appears to be short term like that of any other tax cut. Countries which have introduced flat taxes have other factors going for them, either 'banking secrecy', ample natural resources like Russia, EU investment funds or having comparatively low wages. Another thing is that the tax burden in such countries is not much lower than that in progressive tax countries because they often have very high social security contributions typically from 25 to 35% or like Hungary, a VAT of 27%.

Afrocentric wrote:The more money you earn, the more you should pay, it's that simple

Someone earning ten times more than you will still pay ten times more tax under a flat tax. And i also think that taxes are somewhat harder for the rich to evade under a flat tax, especially it's a truly flat tax system, with no loopholes and where certain types of incomes aren't taxed less than others. That said, I'm personally in favour of a somewhat highish flat tax of about 20 to 25%, not the 10 or 12% you see in many east European countries.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby Afrocentric » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:37 pm

What works in Europe probably won't work in the United States, especially since we have alot of loopholes in our tax system.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Previous

Return to Off-topic