Christian Denominations Discussion (from Player Profiles)

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Christian Denominations Discussion (from Player Profiles)

Postby egalion » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:58 pm

Amazeroth wrote:Yes, but even so the concentration of Catholics seems quite high. I don't think we have anyone writing regular on the forum who isn't Christian or Atheist/Agnostic.

It makes sense. Most people here are from Europe, some from America, and not many from the rest for the world.
Although the US is pretty diverse, in Western Europe there is mostly a separation between Catholic/Non religious. Non-Cahtolic Christians are almost gone, because traditionally Protestant/Reformed countries are today not very much religious anymore (Scandinavia. England, Norther Germany) while Christianity has held mostly in predominantly Catholic countries (Spain, Belgium, Italy, Ireland, Lithuania, Poland, Austria, Southern Gearmany, Croatia, Slovakia).
Cognoscetis Veritatem Et Veritas Liberabit Vos
egalion

part 2

Postby CanadianEh » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:15 pm

egalion wrote:
Amazeroth wrote:I'm pretty sure that the more strict the religion, the more it sticks with you is true. At least to some point. But I think religions without strictness don't seem, at least to us Westerners, authentic enough. After all, what could salvation be possibly worth, if you don't have to do anything for it.

I definitely agree with that. In the U.S.A and now also in europe there's been a wave of "everything-you-do-is-fine-God-loves-you" churches that really don't have much sense. Of course God loves you, but if everything you do is fine, what is the purpose of the Church or of Religion or of the Incarnation in the first place.

Belief is enough to get you to heaven in Christianity though God does want you to take the same path that he did and make the choices that he did as much as possible.
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Re: Particracy Player Profiles

Postby egalion » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:37 am

CanadianEh wrote:Belief is enough to get you to heaven in Christianity though God does want you to take the same path that he did and make the choices that he did as much as possible.

Most definitely not true. I'm pretty sure that all the Nazi/K.K.K./Members of the inquisition/Radical Christian terrorist/Mobsters/ that believed in Christianity but behaved like they did are not gonna go to Heaven. You have to obey God's commandments or else you go to Hell. That's Christianity, may you like it or not.

But this is not the forum for it, so we should probably stop.
egalion

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:48 am

egalion wrote:You have to obey God's commandments or else you go to Hell. That's Christianity, may you like it or not.

I thought that was Abrahamic religion in general. I thought Christianity was more related to Jesus Christ being the saviour and humans needing to go to him for forgiveness of their sins.

egalion wrote:But this is not the forum for it, so we should probably stop.

Agreed.
Amazeroth should know how to split off posts into a new thread. Hopefully he can do that.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby CanadianEh » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:44 am

egalion wrote:
CanadianEh wrote:Belief is enough to get you to heaven in Christianity though God does want you to take the same path that he did and make the choices that he did as much as possible.

Most definitely not true. I'm pretty sure that all the Nazi/K.K.K./Members of the inquisition/Radical Christian terrorist/Mobsters/ that believed in Christianity but behaved like they did are not gonna go to Heaven. You have to obey God's commandments or else you go to Hell. That's Christianity, may you like it or not.

Well then essentially everyone will go to hell since we are all sinners. If you are a sinner but you ask for forgiveness on a regular basis or before death and you truly mean it. God will welcome you into the gates of heaven (I'm not sure if the groups you are talking would make it in though). Christianity is not about hate and disobedience it's about love and forgiveness.

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby Hrafn » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:02 am

CanadianEh wrote:
egalion wrote:

Well then essentially everyone will go to hell since we are all sinners. If you are a sinner but you ask for forgiveness on a regular basis or before death and you truly mean it. God will welcome you into the gates of heaven (I'm not sure if the groups you are talking would make it in though). Christianity is not about hate and disobedience it's about love and forgiveness.

You obviously belong to different denominations.
Hrafn

Postby SelucianCrusader » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:28 pm

Hrafn wrote:You obviously belong to different denominations.

Yep. CanadianEh is a protestant and believes in Sola Fide, the idea that people can do whatever they want and still go to heaven as long as they are Christian.
SelucianCrusader

Postby MichaelReilly » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:13 pm

You know what? I wish I'd never mentioned it.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby CanadianEh » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 am

SelucianCrusader wrote:

Yep. CanadianEh is a protestant and believes in Sola Fide, the idea that people can do whatever they want and still go to heaven as long as they are Christian.

I would never put it in those terms

CanadianEh

Postby egalion » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:22 am

CanadianEh wrote:
SelucianCrusader wrote:

I would never put it in those terms

But that is what you said before. SolaFide is undefendable as a theological position.
egalion

Next

Return to Off-topic