Should Palestine become it's own country?

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Should Palestine become its own country?

Yes
63%
No
28%
Undecided
9%

Total votes : 54

Re: Should Palestine become it's own country?

Postby thosecrazyreds » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:07 pm

Wait, so it's now Palestine's fault that Israel bombed and destroyed entire parts of cities and killed thousands of people? Because a few people fired homemade rockets the vast majority of which didn't even hit their targets?
Nation: Beiteynu
Party: Revolutionary Communist Party
thosecrazyreds

Postby TheCollectivist » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:49 am

Absolutely, free Northern Ireland as well and Quebec!
Current party: Pragmatic Party (Indrala)
Political alignment: Centre
For: Defensive democracy, globalism, and humanism
TheCollectivist

Postby CanadianEh » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:52 pm

TheCollectivist wrote:Absolutely, free Northern Ireland as well and Quebec!

Um...
There is a difference with Northern Irelabd and Quebec, they both want to stay within the countries they are currently in. The Nationalist movement in Quebec died in the past 5 years and it's people who have ideas like this that re-engulf the ethnic nationalism that was once present in Quebec.
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby Autokrator15 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:38 pm

Absolutely not! As long as the Arabs in Israel-Palestine (Palestine as in the name given for the region inhabited by the Jews by the Romans) side with Fatah and Hamas I don't see any reason why they deserve their own state.

On top of that, they aren't self sufficient and haven't solved any problem at all. Not to mention that there never has been a Palestinian state nor a Palestinian nation. The people are different tribes and Arab colonists in response to the Jewish colonization.

Then there is the problem of their military, they cant have a military. The region of Judea and Samaria (which some people call west-bank) must be demilitarized because the small strip of land owned by Israel is too small to defend properly.

Last but not least is the problem that they keep rejecting Israel's peace proposals, Israel has proposed to give back 80% / 90% of ''their land'' ''back'' but they keep rejecting. I'm suspecting that the Arabs don't want peace, they don't want a Jewish state there and wont stop until its destroyed.
Autokrator15

Postby MichaelReilly » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:03 pm

Autokrator15 wrote:Absolutely not! As long as the Arabs in Israel-Palestine (Palestine as in the name given for the region inhabited by the Jews by the Romans) side with Fatah and Hamas I don't see any reason why they deserve their own state.

On top of that, they aren't self sufficient and haven't solved any problem at all. Not to mention that there never has been a Palestinian state nor a Palestinian nation. The people are different tribes and Arab colonists in response to the Jewish colonization.

Then there is the problem of their military, they cant have a military. The region of Judea and Samaria (which some people call west-bank) must be demilitarized because the small strip of land owned by Israel is too small to defend properly.

Last but not least is the problem that they keep rejecting Israel's peace proposals, Israel has proposed to give back 80% / 90% of ''their land'' ''back'' but they keep rejecting. I'm suspecting that the Arabs don't want peace, they don't want a Jewish state there and wont stop until its destroyed.

'The Arabs'.

For fuck's sake...
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby Autokrator15 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:04 pm

I will not recognise the "palestinian" ethnicity
Autokrator15

Postby MichaelReilly » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:11 pm

Autokrator15 wrote:I will not recognise the "palestinian" ethnicity

Good. I'm sure that bigoted and narrow minded view will help to solve the entire issue then.

You choosing to 'recognise' them or not doesn't make them any less of the ethnic group that they already are.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby Farsun » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:33 am

Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Autokrator15 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:27 pm

MichaelReilly wrote:

Good. I'm sure that bigoted and narrow minded view will help to solve the entire issue then.

You choosing to 'recognise' them or not doesn't make them any less of the ethnic group that they already are.

They arent an ethnic group. They are Arabs, they are as Arab. They speak Arabic, they share a common culture. There is no ethnicity linked to it seeing there has never been an Palestinian nation nor a state nor a union of their peoples. They were divided in tribes. Technicly you cant speak of a seperate ethnicty nor nationality when it concerns them.

And bigoted? I dont come to this conclusion without thought. Where in history, and please do spare me your insults where you will resort to because you will find it not, has there been a Palestinian nation, a Palestinian state and have the Arabs in the region been united as one nationality?
Autokrator15

Postby SelucianCrusader » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:22 pm

Autokrator15 wrote:
MichaelReilly wrote:

They arent an ethnic group. They are Arabs, they are as Arab. They speak Arabic, they share a common culture. There is no ethnicity linked to it seeing there has never been an Palestinian nation nor a state nor a union of their peoples. They were divided in tribes. Technicly you cant speak of a seperate ethnicty nor nationality when it concerns them.

And bigoted? I dont come to this conclusion without thought. Where in history, and please do spare me your insults where you will resort to because you will find it not, has there been a Palestinian nation, a Palestinian state and have the Arabs in the region been united as one nationality?
Word. Actually when the zionist pioneers came and made a garden out of the desert (which made the Arab population sky-rocket), they called one of their newspapers the ”Palestine Post”. :D

SelucianCrusader

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic