Should Palestine become it's own country?

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Should Palestine become its own country?

Yes
63%
No
28%
Undecided
9%

Total votes : 54

Re: Should Palestine become it's own country?

Postby PaleRider » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:01 am

MichaelReilly wrote:
Lionking wrote:A Palestinian state could have existed in 1948! but nooooo, that tiny strip that the Jews would have was a torn in the eye of the Islamic fascists (Yes Islamic Fascists, many Islamic leaders in Palestine sided up with Hitler and Praised Him). If Palestine should be a state according to many of it's neighbors, then why didn't Egypt and Jordan gave their independence while they occupied Gaza and West-Bank? Why nobody of the Arab World shouted Fascism and death to Egypt and Jordan during that time? The harsh reality is as followed; The Arab world gambled and failed miserably with their wars against Israel. Israel defended themselves and gained ground on their neighbors. That's war and that's life. The Arabs should look at themselves, as they are the only ones that are guilty for this current situation.

And what we see here ladies and gentlemen, is the unbelievably warped and downright false reading on Middle East history that has resulted in morons across the globe supporting poor, victimised Israel against those evil fascist Arab aggressors.

What's wrong with that statement? Is it NOT true that the Arabs wanted to drive the Jews into the sea and massacre their people? Is it not true that the Arabs squandered an opportunity to help a Palestinian state arise when they had direct control of the land in question between 1948 and 1967? Is it not true that the Arabs, using the Three No's of Khartoum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khartoum_Resolution ) thereby rejected, when Israel was willing to bargain off the land it had taken, any attempt to negotiate with Israel? Israel was willing to trade land for peace, as it did with Egypt in 1979 when it returned the Sinai when a peace treaty came about.
How is the above, an " unbelievably warped and downright false reading on Middle East history?" Please enlighten us Mr Reilly. And GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Afrocentric » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:10 am

I love watching people get so bent out of shape about this.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:19 pm

PaleRider wrote:Is it NOT true that the Arabs wanted to drive the Jews into the sea and massacre their people? Is it not true that the Arabs squandered an opportunity to help a Palestinian state arise when they had direct control of the land in question between 1948 and 1967?

You mean the Arab states? You keep saying "the Arabs" as if all Arabs are responsible for this.

PaleRider wrote:Is it not true that the Arabs, using the Three No's of Khartoum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khartoum_Resolution ) thereby rejected, when Israel was willing to bargain off the land it had taken, any attempt to negotiate with Israel? Israel was willing to trade land for peace, as it did with Egypt in 1979 when it returned the Sinai when a peace treaty came about.

Was Israel willing to return all the land?
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby MichaelReilly » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:47 pm

It's a genocide. The Palestinian people were ethnically cleansed off their land by an aggressive, Western-backed settler colony.

That is the history of the Middle-East.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby SelucianCrusader » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:28 pm

SelucianCrusader

Postby PaleRider » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:02 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:
PaleRider wrote:Is it not true that the Arabs, using the Three No's of Khartoum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khartoum_Resolution ) thereby rejected, when Israel was willing to bargain off the land it had taken, any attempt to negotiate with Israel? Israel was willing to trade land for peace, as it did with Egypt in 1979 when it returned the Sinai when a peace treaty came about.

Yes they were. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egypt%E2% ... ace_Treaty
As part of the treaty, Israel withdrew from the Sinai in several stages.
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
PaleRider

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:21 am

SelucianCrusader wrote:Do You Pass the Israel Test?

I don't see how anything in this video justifies the way the Israeli state treats Palestinians, or answers the question of whether Palestine should exist as its own country. What I see is something that is similar to the logic justifying European colonialism, where the White Man's Burden was to bring civilisation and development to the rest of the world by occupying land and oppressing inhabitants of those lands.
It's like when someone complains about slavery, colonialism, or apartheid, there's that fascist in the room trying to justify those things by talking about all the "good" things that European colonialism did through slavery and colonialism.

PaleRider wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:

Yes they were. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egypt%E2% ... ace_Treaty
As part of the treaty, Israel withdrew from the Sinai in several stages.

I'm not talking about all the land at Sinai. I mean all the land Israel occupied, i.e. returning all the land under Israeli control to Palestinians.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby PaleRider » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:08 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:I'm not talking about all the land at Sinai. I mean all the land Israel occupied, i.e. returning all the land under Israeli control to Palestinians.

I would assume one of the reasons preventing Israel from returning Palestinian land is that there is no competent authority to administer the land. Even returning to the 1947 borders would be impossible because there is no competent Palestinian authority to which the land would be turned over. The PA itself is riddled with corruption, full of kleptocratic politicians and increasingly resembles a single party autocracy while Hamas is borderline genocidal.
The best process through which a stable Palestinian state could emerge is for Zones C and B (as established by the 1993 Oslo Accords) to be turned over to the UN Trusteeship Council for administration while a group of neutral nations (Sweden, Switzerland and India come to mind) works to establish a secure environment for real domestic political institutions to rise up. The PLO, and the PA need to be disbanded. They are nothing more than corrupt, hallow shells of what they promised to be.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_t ... _Palestine
PaleRider

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:39 am

PaleRider wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:I'm not talking about all the land at Sinai. I mean all the land Israel occupied, i.e. returning all the land under Israeli control to Palestinians.

I would assume one of the reasons preventing Israel from returning Palestinian land is that there is no competent authority to administer the land. Even returning to the 1947 borders would be impossible because there is no competent Palestinian authority to which the land would be turned over.

Why should it have been Israel's call in the first place? The whole negotiation of Palestinian independence could have happened without Israel even existing. "We came here and took your land because we're better than you and we won't hand it over because we don't think you can manage it. Let me sabotage you in multiple ways, fund a terrorist group to destabilise your country, then give random white people the opportunity to complain about you."

PaleRider wrote:The PA itself is riddled with corruption, full of kleptocratic politicians and increasingly resembles a single party autocracy while Hamas is borderline genocidal.

If you acknowledge the existence of Hamas, it's contradictory to say that the Palestinian National Authority is a single-party system. Also, find out the history of Hamas and its ties to Mossad. Hamas had one job, given to it by Israel: Destabilise Palestine to give people like you the opportunity to say that Palestine is too unstable to exist.

PaleRider wrote:The best process through which a stable Palestinian state could emerge is for Zones C and B (as established by the 1993 Oslo Accords) to be turned over to the UN Trusteeship Council for administration while a group of neutral nations (Sweden, Switzerland and India come to mind) works to establish a secure environment for real domestic political institutions to rise up. The PLO, and the PA need to be disbanded. They are nothing more than corrupt, hallow shells of what they promised to be.

The PLO is a political coalition. If people want it to exist, it should exist. You're complaining about "autocracy" while wanting to ban a political party?
Siggon Kristov

Postby Afrocentric » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:46 am

I say we let the savages kill each other off and then 'Murica goes in and creates the 51st state, Eastern America.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic