Should Palestine become it's own country?

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Should Palestine become its own country?

Yes
63%
No
28%
Undecided
9%

Total votes : 54

Re: Should Palestine become it's own country?

Postby SelucianCrusader » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Kubrick wrote:Anyways, even if there would be a civil war, let them duke it out.
How humane.. :roll:

"Palestine" was created through ethnic cleansing of Jews. Israel should never evacuate the West Bank, we see how that turned out with Gaza. Instead, those who hate Jews and freedom should evacuate to somewhere else. No more cuddling.

Darkylightytwo wrote:Sorry, but the Kosovo was recognized as a country by the international community, with the leadership of the U.S. .
I used to be pro-Serb as well until I read up about what Milosevic did and the history of the area. Albanians lived in the area well before there were any Slavs in that part of Europe. The Serbs have all the right in the world to live there with the same rights as everybody else, and it's a good thing that the Kosovoan state rejects all forms of religious or ethnic nationalism. However they also have the right to chose their own destiny and not be dominated by another country.
SelucianCrusader

Postby Darkylightytwo » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:03 pm

Darkylightytwo wrote:Sorry, but the Kosovo was recognized as a country by the international community, with the leadership of the U.S. .
I used to be pro-Serb as well until I read up about what Milosevic did and the history of the area. Albanians lived in the area well before there were any Slavs in that part of Europe. The Serbs have all the right in the world to live there with the same rights as everybody else, and it's a good thing that the Kosovoan state rejects all forms of religious or ethnic nationalism. However they also have the right to chose their own destiny and not be dominated by another country.[/quote]

I do not support Serbia, we are not talking about the rights of Kosovians to determine their own destiny, which I approve, we are talking about the corruption in the state.
and Serb where not the only to killed peoples but, they did the worse part and were correctly punished for it.
But maybe we could have cleaned up a little in Kosovo before recognizing its independance. We should not recognize a country run by a mafia.
Darkylightytwo

Postby CanadianEh » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:38 pm

Darkylightytwo wrote:I do not support Serbia, we are not talking about the rights of Kosovians to determine their own destiny, which I approve, we are talking about the corruption in the state.
and Serb where not the only to killed peoples but, they did the worse part and were correctly punished for it.
But maybe we could have cleaned up a little in Kosovo before recognizing its independance. We should not recognize a country run by a mafia.

If you are reffering to Serbia, that's a stance I hope no one else takes because it's fairly inaccurate, cruel and misguided. The Serbian mafia is big yes, but we should not just un-recognize a nation's existence because they have a strong criminal presence, we should support what little government they have. Additionally, Serbia is not run by the mafia, it's still a first world country with a functioning government, I have a friend that used to go to school there.
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby Kubrick » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:34 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:
Kubrick wrote:Anyways, even if there would be a civil war, let them duke it out.
How humane.. :roll:

"Palestine" was created through ethnic cleansing of Jews. Israel should never evacuate the West Bank, we see how that turned out with Gaza. Instead, those who hate Jews and freedom should evacuate to somewhere else. No more cuddling.

Because ethnic cleansing should always be the answer to ethnic cleansing. If Western powers involve themselves in any Palestinian struggles you will get Iraqi affairs, since Iraq seems to be doing absolutely great at the moment. The US really left a stable and well trained army to defend that bastion of democracy.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby PaleRider » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:55 am

http://ow.ly/P7gLz

quite the piece
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Darkylightytwo » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:46 am

CanadianEh wrote:
Darkylightytwo wrote:I do not support Serbia, we are not talking about the rights of Kosovians to determine their own destiny, which I approve, we are talking about the corruption in the state.

If you are reffering to Serbia, that's a stance I hope no one else takes because it's fairly inaccurate, cruel and misguided. The Serbian mafia is big yes, but we should not just un-recognize a nation's existence because they have a strong criminal presence, we should support what little government they have. Additionally, Serbia is not run by the mafia, it's still a first world country with a functioning government, I have a friend that used to go to school there.

I don't remember saying Serbia was run by the mafia.
I post Argument on Kosovo and its Mafia. not Serbia
And I storngly say that what ever crimes the kosovians committed to serbs, does not justify what the serb has done to kosovians, it was just an excse, even if those crimes did happen. you can't fix a wrong with a wrong.
Darkylightytwo

Postby MichaelReilly » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:35 pm

SelCru, your knowledge of the history of Israel and Palestine is disturbingly small, and seems to entirely been gained from far-right Israeli nationalist revisionist history books.

And what's perhaps even more objectionable is that your support of Israel is in essence based on nothing else other than racism and cultural superiority. Israel deserves precedence because they are culturally, historically and ethnically superior. You believe the Jews to be a superior people to the Arabs. That's ultimately what your entire basis of your views of the conflict always seems to boil down to. The State of Israel deserves to exist and continue to occupy Arab land simply because they are a better people, and those barbaric Arabs are incapable of governing themselves.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:49 pm

MichaelReilly wrote:SelCru, your knowledge of the history of Israel and Palestine is disturbingly small, and seems to entirely been gained from far-right Israeli nationalist revisionist history books.

And what's perhaps even more objectionable is that your support of Israel is in essence based on nothing else other than racism and cultural superiority. Israel deserves precedence because they are culturally, historically and ethnically superior. You believe the Jews to be a superior people to the Arabs. That's ultimately what your entire basis of your views of the conflict always seems to boil down to. The State of Israel deserves to exist and continue to occupy Arab land simply because they are a better people, and those barbaric Arabs are incapable of governing themselves.

I endorse this post.
I also commend your ability to deal with right-wingers like SelCru diplomatically.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Aquinas » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:49 pm

Just a gentle reminder: the Israel/Palestine controversy is a famously hot topic that arouses strong differences of opinion, so we all need to make an effort to ensure sure the discussion stays civil!
Aquinas

Postby MichaelReilly » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:43 pm

This is actually the most civil discussion this forum has witnessed on a contentious issue in a hell of a long time, boyo.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic