Russia bans Nick Clegg

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Russia bans Nick Clegg

Postby Aquinas » Sun May 31, 2015 11:27 am

SKY NEWS: Kremlin Puts Clegg On Travel Ban Blacklist

After getting thrashed in this month's British General Election and having to hand in his resignation, I imagined my party leader, Nick Clegg (Liberal Democrats) had been rendered harmless and impotent. Not so according to the Kremlin, it seems. They've banned him from entering Russia!

If only they'd done this a month ago, the publicity might have won us a few more votes...
Aquinas

Re: Russia bans Nick Clegg

Postby LukasV » Sun May 31, 2015 11:42 am

Wasn't he just Cameron's secretary anyways?
Get All That You Deserve In This World

Free Speech Fundamentalist
Classical Liberal/Libertarian
A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

"You believe you have dominion
So you force your lame opinions on me
And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby Aquinas » Sun May 31, 2015 8:08 pm

Clegg is so awesome Putin is quaking in his boots, so terrified he's banned him from entering Russia.

...or maybe not...
Aquinas

Postby seanrutter » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:36 pm

Poor old Nick. I saw this coming 5 years ago.. the second he stepped into number 10 with Dave, his career was doomed. I felt pretty dirty for voting Lib Dem.

He is, I think, fundamentally a good person. A good person tainted by a bad decision. But he only really had one option (especially as his party voted him into coalition too). I suppose we will find out what the Tories would have done last time, had they not been restrained by the coalition.

I'm quite sure that Nick had no plans to go to Russia anyway? As a Liberal, he's probably quite proud that he's been banned from a country with such an appalling human rights record. I certainly don't have any plans to go to Russia, they'd probably lock me up.

P.S. For the record, I'm now a member of the Labour Party.. I'm hoping they don't go back to the "Blair" era.
seanrutter

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:50 pm

J94CK wrote:
seanrutter wrote:P.S. For the record, I'm now a member of the Labour Party.. I'm hoping they don't go back to the "Blair" era.

Isn't that exactly what they're thinking of doing?

I mean, all the leadership candidates are talking about how they need to be friendly to business and nonsense like that. Chuka Umunna was the frontrunner until he pulled out. He's more Tory than a lot of Tories.

And Chris Leslie really pissed me off.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby seanrutter » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:05 pm

J94CK wrote:
seanrutter wrote:P.S. For the record, I'm now a member of the Labour Party.. I'm hoping they don't go back to the "Blair" era.

Isn't that exactly what they're thinking of doing?

I mean, all the leadership candidates are talking about how they need to be friendly to business and nonsense like that. Chuka Umunna was the frontrunner until he pulled out. He's more Tory than a lot of Tories.

It looks that way. All this talk of "Aspiration" is just a way of countering the negative Tory campaign against Ed Milliband (who I still think was a great and passionate politician - just perhaps in the wrong time). I think the Party needs to go back to basics, why are they here? To stand for fairness. At least they should be.

Siggon Kristov wrote:And Chris Leslie really pissed me off.

Tell me about it - what a bloody nightmare!!!!!!
seanrutter

Postby Aquinas » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:43 am

J94CK wrote:I think a lot of people in the UK would like him banned from the UK too. :P

A lot of Liberal Democrat campaigners worked hard to persuade him not to visit their constituencies during the election campaign, as they realised he was a liability! Poor Nick...
Aquinas

Postby CanadianEh » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:56 am

Did he end up losing his riding?
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby seanrutter » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:56 am

Charles Kennedy, former Liberal Democrat leader, dies aged 55
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-32970337

Such sad news this morning. Charles Kennedy was a great political mind. I met him outside the House of Commons once, after watching him debate, and he seemed very kind (if a little anxious, it being a short time after his resignation as leader). He must have been devastated to lose his seat.
seanrutter

Postby SelucianCrusader » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:20 am

They also banned one of Sweden's most infamous neo-nazis, who looks like this:

Along with 7 politicians, all from the centre-right Moderate Party.
SelucianCrusader

Next

Return to Off-topic